Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

  1. #21
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    I don't care what you say, there is something wrong with someone who is holding up their arms, being shot six times, and 3 times to the head. There will be an investigation...

    Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect
    Maybe it's just more pearls before swine, but we don't know for certain he was holding up his arms and surrendering. And jumping from a local investigation right to a federal investigation skips a few vital steps.

  2. #22
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Link, please? How did the officer manage to shoot him six times, and three to the head in such a scuffle? You care to explain more to me?
    It's called reading. Either you haven't done it or you're willfully ignoring most of what's been published.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    No, I don't. However, Republicans like to take their side and stick to it, no matter what. I want to see what people think about this issue. What do you think?
    What side? There shouldn't be a side. I do tend to lean toward a cop versus a kid that just robbed a convenience store, but I'm waiting for the real facts to decide.

    You're not interested in that. You've already taken Brown's side, without a the foggiest clue of what the facts are.

  4. #24
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    I can believe that his hands were up. That would comply with the autopsy report. What I can't believe is you Republicans making up a story that the officer was beaten while he was able to fire off six shots, three to the head, and according to the autopsy report, no signs of struggle were suggested, at least as what is reported.

    What I can't fathom is how you Republicans are willy-nilly ready and able to cut police officer fundings and retirement, and still find room to always be on their side, especially if it involves someone of color.
    It also does not comply with the autopsy, or did you not hear the private medical examiner, paid for by ben crump, say that he may or may not have had his hands up.

    And its been well established that brown was in a fight with the officer. Get off huffpo and media matters and youll see.

    Firing six shots is EASILY done in a fight at close range. Put yourself in his shoes, youve been beaten up, a 6'4" 300lb man is coming at you. There is also another suspect involved (johnson). You are alone.

    What do you do? Im sure you would be able to talk him down, or maybe you are a ninja?

    Cutting police funding? That is a city council decision, i would simply like to cut everything back. The world wouldnt end if someone got a little less on their welfare check.

    And this is a legal issue, not a partisan issue.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    It also does not comply with the autopsy, or did you not hear the private medical examiner, paid for by ben crump, say that he may or may not have had his hands up.

    And its been well established that brown was in a fight with the officer. Get off huffpo and media matters and youll see.

    Firing six shots is EASILY done in a fight at close range. Put yourself in his shoes, youve been beaten up, a 6'4" 300lb man is coming at you. There is also another suspect involved (johnson). You are alone.

    What do you do? Im sure you would be able to talk him down, or maybe you are a ninja?

    Cutting police funding? That is a city council decision, i would simply like to cut everything back. The world wouldnt end if someone got a little less on their welfare check.

    And this is a legal issue, not a partisan issue.
    You know for a fact that firing off six rounds is "EASILY" done in close range?

  6. #26
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    You know for a fact that firing off six rounds is "EASILY" done in close range?
    Yes, and I don't currently even own a firearm. Some of us here are veterans and we know that for a fact. Some are active or retired LEOs. Some just gun enthusiasts.

    It's rather obvious that you are well under-educated for this discussion and you're not at all making the partisan side you've chosen look good.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, and I don't currently even own a firearm. Some of us here are veterans and we know that for a fact. Some are active or retired LEOs. Some just gun enthusiasts.

    It's rather obvious that you are well under-educated for this discussion and you're not at all making the partisan side you've chosen look good.
    Does "Expert Marksmanship" mean anything to you? I think I know what I speak of. No, six shots in close range is way too many. I'm not condemning this police officer off-handedly, but there should be an investigation, as the facts don't look very good in his direction. Now, you can simply state your bias that you will support this police officer no matter what, while you vote to defund police departments and their retirement, or perhaps, you could come to understand a different way of thinking.

    What do you think?

  8. #28
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    You know for a fact that firing off six rounds is "EASILY" done in close range?
    I do.

  9. #29
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Does "Expert Marksmanship" mean anything to you? I think I know what I speak of. No, six shots in close range is way too many. I'm not condemning this police officer off-handedly, but there should be an investigation, as the facts don't look very good in his direction. Now, you can simply state your bias that you will support this police officer no matter what, while you vote to defund police departments and their retirement, or perhaps, you could come to understand a different way of thinking.

    What do you think?
    Expert marksmanship awarded by whom because you are wrong. Six shots not only can be fired easily at close range, they can be fired from the hip. Officers are actually trained to do that in a fight. Point and shoot, keep shooting til he is stopped or run out of ammo

  10. #30
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    I don't care what you say, there is something wrong with someone who is holding up their arms, being shot six times, and 3 times to the head. There will be an investigation...

    Ferguson police chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as robbery suspect
    It was twice to the head.

    How and why he was holding up his hands is not yet established. People hold them up to surrender and raise them when running. The officer claims that brown was rushing him.

    Uh no there will not BE investigation the investigation has been going on for days now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •