Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 182

Thread: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

  1. #101
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, F&L. Glad to see you back!

    As nearly as I can figure, if you openly walk the streets, you're safe. It's only when you try to hide that it's a problem.


    that works. Hiding, as you point out, IS the issue, the government and the truth from US.

    And hi yourself, been awhile sugar.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #102
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Didn't I see in the news that some of them have been caught?
    maybe you did. I haven't and it would have been big here where the headlines are about a train accident three years ago and a new Liberal leader drawing fire because he supports legal pot. In other words, Canada eh? Boring is our excitement.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #103
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah well....I did put up the latest news with Yemen and the Shia. Note how much the left lacks with anything concerning Yemen.

    You don't think that has anything to do with their Party.....do you?
    Well of course partisans on the left are going to be ignoring it. But it's not as though the hawks on the right are calling foul on it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #104
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The Iraqi army is much stronger than ISIS, but it

    "Take ISIS' victory in Mosul. Thirty-thousand Iraqi troops ran from 800 ISIS fighters. Those are 40:1 odds! Yet Iraqi troops ran because they simply didn't want to fight and die for this government. There had been hundreds of desertions per month for months prior to the events of June 10th. The escalation with ISIS is, of course, making it worse.

    Sectarianism also plays a role here. The Iraqi army is mixed Sunni-Shia, and "it appears that the Iraqi Army is cleaving along sectarian lines," Yale University insurgency expert Jason Lyall said. "The willingness of Sunni soldiers to fight to retake Mosul appears limited." This makes some sense out of the Mosul rout: some Sunni Muslims don't really want to fight other Sunnis in the name of a government that oppresses them.

    This suggests a natural limit to ISIS' expansion. Mosul is a mostly Sunni city, but military resistance will be much stiffer in Shia areas. ISIS needs to stick to Sunni land if it doesn't want to overreach."

    I don't understand why it should be OUR boots on the ground. Sounds like a job for Iraq soldiers, not ours.
    Can't really help with that given the history of the last 14+ years as a reference for you. If I were to go through all the numerous factors, it would take pages of this thread to do so.

    I respect your opinion. And, it's a valid position. So is mine. However, the difference between them is found within your own post above.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"][B]What don't you get about The War on Terror increasing?
    Gosh, again.....you undermine your premise......and it goes right by you again!

    It is pointless for me to keep repeating this obvious error of yours when it does not register on your side of the screen.

    Oh well...I tried.

    Toodles

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What don't you get about The War on Terror increasing? What don't you get that they have increased in range.....as well as numbers. As well as groups. Still haven't figured out that terrorism has increased over 60% all under BO peep's watch.

    All due to BO and his thought construct over violence.

    Again Gates Book came out after BO's first term......eventually you will catch up to speed.
    True enough. That's because following in Bush's footsteps Obama has practiced and ratcheted up regime change, which directly gives room for jihadists to blossom. And then there's Bush's drone program which Obama energized and is causing more hatred for America with its high ratio of innocent civilian deaths. Why is it American for you to criticize Obama and blame his policies for the rise in terrorist activity in the ME, but anti-American when I point out that both parties are responsible for power vacuums filled by jihadists and hatred for America due to our poor policies for years now???
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    All correct but you left out the huge expansion of drone bombing and any information on civilian casualties.

    The question that needs to be asked is this: Way back when it was such a great idea to invade Afghanistan, how many terrorists were there? The US and its allies have been killing and killing and killing for going on 14 years, the longest war in the history of the US, and only in Obama's term did they find out that they needed to increase the killing five hundred per cent.

    This from a CIA that learned about the fall of the Berlin Wall when the bricks started hitting them, missed the first World Trade Center bombing, flubbed the response to that, missed the 911 attacks completely, and kind of blew "Arab Spring", Libya and, allegedly, Osama bin laden when they had him surrounded.

    So how many terrorists are there left to kill? Where did they come from? Who is funding them, all things promised back during the Bush administration and contined under this president.

    Seems to me, before they go running off invading and droning people, maybe they should find out these things, if for no other reason than to determine how many bullets they will need.

    Heya F&L. Well a lot of good it does him now with only 2 years left.....he did say the War to fight was Afghanistan. To prevent AQ/Terrorists from having a safe haven. Now AQ is back in Afghanistan and BO has lost the war in Afghanistan. Plus his whole reasoning for Afghanistan.....has now taken place with ISIL in Iraq and Syria, with their creation of a Caliphate. So they have their safe haven.....with terrorist groups working together to create bombs. While others are swearing allegiance to the Invisible Sheik.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    True enough. That's because following in Bush's footsteps Obama has practiced and ratcheted up regime change, which directly gives room for jihadists to blossom. And then there's Bush's drone program which Obama energized and is causing more hatred for America with its high ratio of innocent civilian deaths. Why is it American for you to criticize Obama and blame his policies for the rise in terrorist activity in the ME, but anti-American when I point out that both parties are responsible for power vacuums filled by jihadists and hatred for America due to our poor policies for years now???

    But then BO didn't follow up Juniors regime change plans, as you say. Otherwise we would have seen such take place with Libya. There was no end game and that's why Libya is the way it is.

    Also you do tend to forget those other allies and what they do to cause US involvement and what happens when they cause a vacuum to take place.

  9. #109
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well of course partisans on the left are going to be ignoring it. But it's not as though the hawks on the right are calling foul on it.
    Why is everything based on what the other party does?

    @MMC makes a comment which goes undisputed, with the equalizer a version of "they do it too." By that logic, both sides wallow in a sewage filled gutter but its OK because the other guys do it. The moral logic of that is lugubriously still born.

    For five and a half years, every criticism of Obama, and there have been many legitimate ones, has at one point been met with a version of Bush [either one], Reagan, or Romney did it too; even Obamacare that The One was so proud of in the debate, became "Romneycare" when things turned ugly and 27 million people lost their plan.

    Isn't the aim of progressives to make progress? How can that happen when the base is the worst of what the predecessor got away with?

    As a staunch Liberal and libertarian, I support much of what the US non-progressive movement claims to support, but I have to say my respect lies with what Obama has termed his "enemies", the American right. I do not see the same misdirection and blame shifting and while some of the goals they seek are repulsive to me, I at least know where they stand, an impossibility with a movement whose leader is a pathological liar and his supporters best defense is "bush did it too."

    The American left is about as "progressive" as a neanderthal's idea of what is good to eat.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #110
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Obama: U.S. will be relentless with Islamic State after Beheading.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya F&L. Well a lot of good it does him now with only 2 years left.....he did say the War to fight was Afghanistan. To prevent AQ/Terrorists from having a safe haven. Now AQ is back in Afghanistan and BO has lost the war in Afghanistan. Plus his whole reasoning for Afghanistan.....has now taken place with ISIL in Iraq and Syria, with their creation of a Caliphate. So they have their safe haven.....with terrorist groups working together to create bombs. While others are swearing allegiance to the Invisible Sheik.
    In other words, they lost.

    They whole point of George Bush going in was to shut down the safe haven thing and kill all the terrorists. Now, you confirm there are more terrorists than ever before, and that they now have two countries from which to operate.

    I really want to see the Obamaheads put a "win" on this one.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •