Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 577

Thread: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150:507]

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    If Michael Brown had been white, just assaulted a store clerk during a robbery and then assaulted the police officer that shot him....would you guys also automatically assume the cop was guilty of murder?
    All other things being equal?
    Yes.
    By taking the element of racial bias out of the situation you do not make the actual case look any less racially motivated. You only make it look worse.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's been reported that there was marijuana in his system.
    It's also been "reported" that Wilson hated blacks... Evidence?
    I didn't think so.

  3. #213
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's been reported that there was marijuana in his system.



    By who?

    If someone has marijuana in their system is that a valid reason to shoot and kill them? If so a lot of people in the USA need to stay off of the streets.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 08-21-14 at 12:07 PM.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    If the grand jury finds the facts and circumstances of the shooting warrant charges and a trial, then it should go to trial. That is how it works or at least how it is supposed to work. He deserves that respect. If not, you are acting as judge, jury and executioner which oddly enough, seems to be what the lynch mob wants to hang him for.
    What " lynch mob"?
    Did you see anyone with a rope?

  5. #215
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    About 30-years from now when the massive demographic change that's coming at the GOP like a tidal wave finally hits and it's reduced to a minor, regional party or joins the Whigs, then you'll have something to complain about. The clock is ticking.

    No one can stop time, and/or change.




    "What goes around.comes around."

    Wait and see.
    People have been making these kinds of statements since 1776 and the country is still standing. IMHO, this country would go down the toilet if either party became a dominant majority, be it the robber barons style Republicans or the cat people style Democrats. (Cat people as in "I want to save all the cats. Takes in so many cats that they end up running out of resources and ends up living in squallor and worse off than had they just left them alone.") The politcal parties are supposed to blunt the excesses of the other.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  6. #216
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Are you suggesting Brown was knowledgeable about such?
    And that he always did so?

    I hope not.
    Try sprinting as fast as you can. When you begin your sprint and into your sprint, check the orientation of your head.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by contrapositive View Post
    Try sprinting as fast as you can. When you begin your sprint and into your sprint, check the orientation of your head.


    You need to be telling that to the other poster.
    I have had folks charge me. Some did it blindly, head fully down. Which is what the point was about.

    Not about it being tilted in a downward fashion as everybody should know happens.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #218
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    What " lynch mob"?
    Did you see anyone with a rope?
    Oh! Oh! I saw hundreds rioting, looting and hurling objects at the police officers, all crying for Wilson to be convicted. I saw reports of gunfire within the crowd. I saw graffiti such as "Snitches get stitches." I saw numerous death threats.

    Does that count, or do we still need a rope?

  9. #219
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    You need to be telling that to the other poster.
    I have had folks charge me. Some did it blindly, head fully down. Which is what the point was about.

    Not about it being tilted in a downward fashion as everybody should know happens.
    I was supporting your point. (sorry for wrong reply).

  10. #220
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown[W:150]

    Quote Originally Posted by contrapositive View Post
    Try sprinting as fast as you can. When you begin your sprint and into your sprint, check the orientation of your head.
    It's up, looking at where you're going.

    What? Do you run forward blindly?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •