Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 269

Thread: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye [W:142]

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    Especially if you're trying to confirm liberal lies.
    Which lies am I trying to confirm? Name a couple. I will wait with baited breath for this...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #162
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,010

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    One is from a reputable source and one is not.

    Why are you guys so determined to rush to judgement. I state I prefer to wait for reliable sources, and you all are "OMG, some one is asking questions...Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton". What exactly is wrong with wanting clear, confirmed information to base a judgement on and why does wanting that strike such fear in you?
    You may have noticed that a lot of people are heavily......HEAVILY.....emotionally invested in one version of this story. When someone is that heavily invested, when the faith they have in the very foundation of their convictions, they tend to reject the idea that there may be other possibilities.

    We'll see what happens when all the evidence comes out but I suspect that even if that evidence overwhelmingly indicates that Wilson was justified in using deadly force against Brown there will still be no acceptance of that evidence by a whole lot of people. To accept such evidence would mean that all the outrage and the protesting and the looting was based on a failed interpretation of their faith and that simply isn't something that a lot of people will be able to internalize.

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    You may have noticed that a lot of people are heavily......HEAVILY.....emotionally invested in one version of this story. When someone is that heavily invested, when the faith they have in the very foundation of their convictions, they tend to reject the idea that there may be other possibilities.

    We'll see what happens when all the evidence comes out but I suspect that even if that evidence overwhelmingly indicates that Wilson was justified in using deadly force against Brown there will still be no acceptance of that evidence by a whole lot of people. To accept such evidence would mean that all the outrage and the protesting and the looting was based on a failed interpretation of their faith and that simply isn't something that a lot of people will be able to internalize.
    I am not trying to suggest that it is only one group, but I do think condemning any one who rushes to judgement on this crap is worthwhile. It is stupid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #164
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which lies am I trying to confirm? Name a couple. I will wait with baited breath for this...
    The fact that Officer Wilson shot the 6'4" 300 pound thug without provocation. That's what this thread is ALL ABOUT.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  5. #165
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    The fact that Officer Wilson shot the 6'4" 300 pound thug without provocation. That's what this thread is ALL ABOUT.
    No, actually this thread is about a claim that Wilson has an orbital blowout fracture of his eye socket. You can tell by reading the thread title.

    Also note that I have never claimed what you think I have, and that is only one claim. So I will ask again, what lies am I trying to confirm? You made the claim, I am sure you can back it up. You would never lie about some one....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  6. #166
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,216

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    The fact that Officer Wilson shot the 6'4" 300 pound thug without provocation. That's what this thread is ALL ABOUT.
    Thug? I think you mean the "gentle giant and aspiring college student".

  7. #167
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,010

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not trying to suggest that it is only one group, but I do think condemning any one who rushes to judgement on this crap is worthwhile. It is stupid.
    I'm on your side with that. I mean, hell, we're seeing all kinds of evidence of what happens when people start freaking out without all the facts having been presented.

  8. #168
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    01-16-18 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Justice has already been done you say.
    This means the dead teenager with six bullets is justice to you.

    Most Democrats don't believe Bundy and his gangbangers should have been shot down--what say you ?
    I think all the facts aren't in yet, but yes. I think the dead teenager with 6 bullets likely was justice.

    As far as Cliven Bundy is concerned, I don't think the two situations can be compared. I think that the feds were within their rights to remove his cattle. If they had ended up getting all shot and killed, depending on the circumstances I probably would have called that justice too.
    "We need to ask some very tough questions of the senator from Illinois. It's not enough to be black, it's not enough to be articulate, it's not enough to be eloquent and a media darling. The only question will be how deaf an ear, or how blind an eye will people turn in order to turn a frog into a prince." -Eddie Huff

  9. #169
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    12-25-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    One is from a reputable source and one is not.

    Why are you guys so determined to rush to judgement. I state I prefer to wait for reliable sources, and you all are "OMG, some one is asking questions...Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton". What exactly is wrong with wanting clear, confirmed information to base a judgement on and why does wanting that strike such fear in you?
    It doesn't.
    Yours and others hardheadedness about the information because you want it from specific sources that align with your political ideology is what bothers me.

    But, in the grand scheme of things, What is the difference between specifically naming a type of fracture, and claiming "Serious" facial injury??

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Breaking Report: P.O. Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture of eye sock

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    How big of a black eye did they get for editing the call footage in the Trayvon case?
    `
    You'd be asking the wrong person about that.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •