Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 103

Thread: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

  1. #51
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I watched the video. He does say near the end of it that police officers were shot at. At the same time the video is showing a line of police nearly shoulder to shoulder and a group twice the size of a car. If someone were aiming at police, the odds of such a huge target not being hit is pretty slim.
    Most gang bangers are terrible shots.

    As you see in the video, the police concern is that they were being shot at and the spotlight would draw fire.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #52
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'd have to look at it when I get home, I cannot right now. I was just going off of what others had reported for now.
    I fully understand.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Maybe the journalists should just back-the-**** off of an already tense situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    That's not at all how it works. If you kill someone tomorrow and are not charged, are you an innocent person?
    Lmao. Do you know how innocent until proven guilty works?

    And the fact that there have been dozens of media killed by Syrian forces in the past decade, but none in Ferguson, has no relevance to you?
    They die doing their work. They don't get arrested for it.

    Who are the people in the pictures and who are the photographers? Many of the people seem to be rebels, which doesn't exactly support your point about terrorists. Others could have been taken by the terrorists themselves.
    Lmao, they're all AP photos. I'll give you a clue as to whom in the pictures are terrorists, 2 out of 3 depict anti-Assad rebels who have allied themselves with various factions including ISIS. Can you tell which? No? Well, doesn't really matter does it? They all depict people doing unsavory things (including the moments before an execution) and the media being right there to record it. Can the Ferguson police say they've allowed the same freedom? Nope.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #55
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao. Do you know how innocent until proven guilty works?
    You don't need to establish proof behind a reasonable doubt to arrest someone. You are the one embarrassing yourself here.

    They die doing their work. They don't get arrested for it.
    What kind of messed up point is this? Terrorists treat media better by killing them instead of arresting them? Even if that wacko logic made sense, the site doesn't list journalists who were arrested, which I'm going to go out on a limb and guess is MUCH higher than the number arrested in Ferguson.

    Lmao, they're all AP photos. I'll give you a clue as to whom in the pictures are terrorists, 2 out of 3 depict anti-Assad rebels who have allied themselves with various factions including ISIS. Can you tell which? No? Well, doesn't really matter does it? They all depict people doing unsavory things (including the moments before an execution) and the media being right there to record it. Can the Ferguson police say they've allowed the same freedom? Nope.
    It doesn't really matter. I've already shown that Syrians are killing journalists, while Ferguson police are not, while Ferguson police are dealing with far more journalists with bigger and more intrusive equipment. Unless you can show me evidence of a comparable situation where journalists in Syria were treated more favorably, just admit you were being facetious and move on.
    Last edited by Cameron; 08-19-14 at 01:55 PM.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  6. #56
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Here's a clue for you bud, if you're arrested and you aren't charged with anything - you are an INNOCENT PERSON. You were an innocent person the entire time. You weren't charged with anything after your arrest? You are an innocent person. You were not violating any laws. That's why you weren't charged. You weren't doing anything illegal, there was no reason to arrest you.

    <snip>
    What on Earth....? That is absolutely untrue. You are arrested, and then the DA decides if there is enough evidence to bring your case to trial. Do you have any idea through the years how many people have been arrested and then let go due to lack of good evidence, only to be arrested again and then tried - and convicted - for the original crime? Double jeopardy is the reason for the DA to decide NOT to move ahead with a trial. Do you seriously not understand this?

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson - The Washington Post



    The Washington Post later expanded on the incident:

    Officer appears to threaten cameraman covering chaos in Ferguson - The Washington Post



    They're proving everyone of their critics right. They are attacking the media, they do not want their oppression to be recorded. They do not want their aggression to be shown to the public later. This is the police state that people are so worried about.
    The "cops" in Ferguson have done an excellent job demonstrating to the rest of the world that they aren't a trained, professional security force, but rather just a bunch of fat, retarded backwater thugs running around w/guns, not knowing what they're supposed to do or what's even legal.

  8. #58
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,097
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    The media can't get in the way of police work. .
    That must be why the police had to shell an al-jazeera reporter and then dismantle his equipment, or why the cops had to go into a McDonald's to arrest reporters.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #59
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    That must be why the police had to shell an al-jazeera reporter and then dismantle his equipment, or why the cops had to go into a McDonald's to arrest reporters.
    Maybe it is. Don't judge based on one side of the story.

    As for dismantling the equipment, would you have preferred they left it to be looted?
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  10. #60
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What on Earth....? That is absolutely untrue. You are arrested, and then the DA decides if there is enough evidence to bring your case to trial. Do you have any idea through the years how many people have been arrested and then let go due to lack of good evidence, only to be arrested again and then tried - and convicted - for the original crime? Double jeopardy is the reason for the DA to decide NOT to move ahead with a trial. Do you seriously not understand this?

    Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    ------ Do those words mean anything to you? These people weren't charged with anything, they were wrongfully arrested and released without charges. They're innocent. Am I seriously explaining this to you?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •