Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

  1. #41
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    It is looking more and more like some of the "media" are becoming part of the problem there.

    Is it wrong to give the guy holding a molotov cocktail a lighter ?

    How is it okay to film from inside a store that is being looted ?

    Guess it is difficult to draw the line between reporting and being part of the mob.

    One things for sure, there are lots and lots of little "media" outlets nowadays.

    Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of them detained this evening.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Where do you see anyone pointing a gun at anyone's head?
    As I said, if what Danarhea posted is accurate. It appears as if there's a video archive that shows this incident.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I watched the video. He does say near the end of it that police officers were shot at. At the same time the video is showing a line of police nearly shoulder to shoulder and a group twice the size of a car. If someone were aiming at police, the odds of such a huge target not being hit is pretty slim.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    Lack of charges doesn't mean they weren't doing anything
    Oh ffs. Are you kidding me? Is this from the same logic that brings us the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence? Are you part of the group that says pepper spray is just food stuff? Here's a clue for you bud, if you're arrested and you aren't charged with anything - you are an INNOCENT PERSON. You were an innocent person the entire time. You weren't charged with anything after your arrest? You are an innocent person. You were not violating any laws. That's why you weren't charged. You weren't doing anything illegal, there was no reason to arrest you.

    Journalists Killed in Syria - Committee to Protect Journalists

    Stop your nonsense please.
    Lmao, what does that have to do with my statement? I stated that there are terrorists in Syria who treat our journalists better than the police in Ferguson. This is demonstrated by the fact that journalists are regularly allowed to record the actions of the groups and the Ferguson police has sought to arrest a number of terrorists for doing just that. You're not proving me wrong. Nice try.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... you mean people taking these pictures?
    Oh yeah, those are totally comparable to the media in Ferguson with their enormous cameras and microphones and bright lights right in the faces of those they are accusing of brutality.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  6. #46
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,710

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    As I said, if what Danarhea posted is accurate. It appears as if there's a video archive that shows this incident.
    And as I said, Danarhhea posted a link to the archive and in it you don't see anyone pointing a gun at anyone's head.

    Scroll about a half way down to the video entitled "Police officer threatens KARG Argus Radio camera man". Watch it as often as you like, you won't see what Danarhea is claiming.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    And as I said, Danarhhea posted a link to the archive and in it you don't see anyone pointing a gun at anyone's head.

    Scroll about a half way down to the video entitled "Police officer threatens KARG Argus Radio camera man". Watch it as often as you like, you won't see what Danarhea is claiming.
    I'd have to look at it when I get home, I cannot right now. I was just going off of what others had reported for now.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #48
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    Oh yeah, those are totally comparable to the media in Ferguson with their enormous cameras and microphones and bright lights right in the faces of those they are accusing of brutality.
    It's like my hearing hurts, but only cause you keep making less sense. What you're saying is that a person holding a camera on a mount is more intrusive in your line of work than a person who is holding a handheld camera. Are you kidding me? Stop it. You're looking terrible. The media wasn't interfering with police work. The police arrested people recording the events. The media is far more interfering in other places with far more dangerous situations and it is still allowed freedom to be there.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #49
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    The locals don't want anyone across the nation to see their oppression, because if they allow it, it'll make authorities look bad, which they are.

  10. #50
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Police officer appears to threaten journalist in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh ffs. Are you kidding me? Is this from the same logic that brings us the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence? Are you part of the group that says pepper spray is just food stuff? Here's a clue for you bud, if you're arrested and you aren't charged with anything - you are an INNOCENT PERSON. You were an innocent person the entire time.
    That's not at all how it works. If you kill someone tomorrow and are not charged, are you an innocent person? Prosecutors have no obligation to charge anyone with anything, regardless of whether they think they can prove a crime. In all likelihood, they didn't want to deal with the whining from the media about it.

    Lmao, what does that have to do with my statement? I stated that there are terrorists in Syria who treat our journalists better than the police in Ferguson.
    And the fact that there have been dozens of media killed by Syrian forces in the past decade, but none in Ferguson, has no relevance to you?

    This is demonstrated by the fact that journalists are regularly allowed to record the actions of the groups and the Ferguson police has sought to arrest a number of terrorists for doing just that. You're not proving me wrong. Nice try.
    Who are the people in the pictures and who are the photographers? Many of the people seem to be rebels, which doesn't exactly support your point about terrorists. Others could have been taken by the terrorists themselves.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •