Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That's weird, especially given all the other speculation you have engaged in.
    Oh well.
    You asked if I agree that the state already knows the grand jury isn't going to indict. No, I don't bekieve they KNOW that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The point is that they do not have to, nor should they, as it is already known.
    No one should be subjected to a trial that does not have to be. Especially as the evidence already points to the shooting being justified.
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I reject that you are a law expert.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Exactly! Which is the purpose of a grand jury.
    No it really isn't.
    It is the purpose of the DA to determine such. Not push it off on a GJ.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it really isn't.
    It is the purpose of the DA to determine such. Not push it off on a GJ.
    What's the grand jury for, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You asked if I agree that the state already knows the grand jury isn't going to indict. No, I don't bekieve they KNOW that.
    No. I asked if you believed the Guard were already in place because they knew there was not going to be any charges.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I reject that you are a law expert.
    No it isn't just an opinion.
    Our legal system is not there to charge innocent people. That is not opinion.

    The evidence in this case shows the shooting was justified. There is no reason to charge him or even present the evidence to a GJ.
    We already know what it shows.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it isn't just an opinion.
    Our legal system is not there to charge innocent people. That is not opinion.

    The evidence in this case shows the shooting was justified. There is no reason to charge him or even present the evidence to a GJ.
    We already know what it shows.
    It is YOUR opinion there isn't enough evidence. Yes, it is.

    You are NOT a legal expert and your opinion is rejected. Don't like it, go pound sand.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It is YOUR opinion there isn't enough evidence.

    That is an opinion based on fact.
    There is no credible witness for that side of the story. The stories sound contrived and have already been proven to be false in part.

    Like I said, the evidence is weighed.


    So all you are doing is talking nonsense.
    Which is why you are trying to cast aspersion instead of debating the evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #89
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's the grand jury for, then?
    There purpose is not to bring charges on innocent people, or to make a showing.
    There is absolutely no valid reason to present a GJ with information when it is already known that information clears the Officer of any wrong doing.
    If it was unclear, yes, give it to them and let them decide. But this isn't one of those cases.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is an opinion based on fact.
    There is no credible witness for that side of the story. The stories sound contrived and have already been proven to be false in part.

    Like I said, the evidence is weighed.


    So all you are doing is talking nonsense.
    Which is why you are trying to cast aspersion instead of debating the evidence.
    If what you say is fact it wouldn't be going to a grand jury. Sorry, your comments are nothing but OPINION.

    Your "legal expertise" is rejected. If there wasn't evidence to be looked at a Grand Jury wouldn't happen.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •