Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Because evidence is weighed.
    And in this case one side is far more believable and corroborated while the other is not and keeps falling apart little by little but in major ways.
    And the grand Jury will decide that. If it merits a trial, there will be one. My main point is just because there is a trial does not mean the officer is guilty.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It is? I believe that's debatable.
    It is debatable and that is why it is going to go before a grand jury. If the evidence is deemed appropriate there will be a trial. It still doesn't mean the officer is guilty.

  3. #73
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well the evidence is the guy is dead and there is differing testimony in regards to the shooting and the autopsy shows he was shot at a distance. That's sufficient right there.

    sufficient for what charge?

    the only issue here is whether or not the shooting was justified and warranted

    what led to the shooting, and was the officer in fear for his life, or others around him

    and even if there are no criminal charges, he can still be disciplined and removed from the force pending the internal affairs review

    this has a LOT of parts to it....and over the next few days, we may get additional facts released

    right now, based upon evidence known.....its a tossup for me....just not sure
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    sufficient for what charge?

    the only issue here is whether or not the shooting was justified and warranted

    what led to the shooting, and was the officer in fear for his life, or others around him

    and even if there are no criminal charges, he can still be disciplined and removed from the force pending the internal affairs review

    this has a LOT of parts to it....and over the next few days, we may get additional facts released

    right now, based upon evidence known.....its a tossup for me....just not sure
    Well we will find out. Personally, I'll take the view of experts of law rather than some random internet poster that thinks he is a lawyer.

    It's going to go to a grand jury and they will decide if there is sufficient evidence, not you and not me.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It is debatable and that is why it is going to go before a grand jury. If the evidence is deemed appropriate there will be a trial. It still doesn't mean the officer is guilty.
    Your examples of sufficient evidence are debatable. Those examples, alone are sufficient, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would disagree with that, yes.
    That's weird, especially given all the other speculation you have engaged in.
    Oh well.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your examples of sufficient evidence are debatable. Those examples, alone are sufficient, IMO.
    As you said, it is your opinion. Mine is different. We'll see how it rolls out.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And the grand Jury will decide that. If it merits a trial, there will be one. My main point is just because there is a trial does not mean the officer is guilty.
    The point is that they do not have to, nor should they, as it is already known.
    No one should be subjected to a trial that does not have to be. Especially as the evidence already points to the shooting being justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well we will find out. Personally, I'll take the view of experts of law rather than some random internet poster that thinks he is a lawyer.

    It's going to go to a grand jury and they will decide if there is sufficient evidence, not you and not me.
    There are lawyers on TV that van't speak proper English opining about this case. Even though I disagree with you, I would take your opinion over their's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The point is that they do not have to, nor should they, as it is already known.
    No one should be subjected to a trial that does not have to be. Especially as the evidence already points to the shooting being justified.
    Exactly! Which is the purpose of a grand jury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •