Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115

Thread: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I realize you think that, but that is unlikely.
    Wilson will be convicted, of something. If--and that's a big ass if--the grand jury doesn't idict him, the DOJ will convict him of some federal crime. Because, if the grand jury doesn't come back with an idictment, the **** is really going to hit the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wilson will be convicted, of something. If--and that's a big ass if--the grand jury doesn't idict him, the DOJ will convict him of some federal crime. Because, if the grand jury doesn't come back with an idictment, the **** is really going to hit the fan.
    You do not know that.

    So let me ask you. Why do you think the Guard is there while the Police are still handling the rioters?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wilson will be convicted, of something. If--and that's a big ass if--the grand jury doesn't idict him, the DOJ will convict him of some federal crime. Because, if the grand jury doesn't come back with an idictment, the **** is really going to hit the fan.
    In the case of differeing accounts of what happened, why shouldn't it go to trial? I'm not saying he is guilty, but it is quite clear there are differing accounts and if people are lying it will be found out in trial where experts can examine the evidence and give their testimony to that evidence.

    Just because it goes to trial does not mean the officer is guilty.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In the case of differeing accounts of what happened, why shouldn't it go to trial? I'm not saying he is guilty, but it is quite clear there are differing accounts and if people are lying it will be found out in trial where experts can examine the evidence and give their testimony to that evidence.

    Just because it goes to trial does not mean the officer is guilty.
    If the grand jury doesn't find sufficient evidence, it shouldn't go to trial. Why? Because that's the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the grand jury doesn't find sufficient evidence, it shouldn't go to trial. Why? Because that's the law.
    Well the evidence is the guy is dead and there is differing testimony in regards to the shooting and the autopsy shows he was shot at a distance. That's sufficient right there.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You do not know that.

    So let me ask you. Why do you think the Guard is there while the Police are still handling the rioters?
    The National Gaurd is there--IMO--in case the situation turns into total mayhem; or, it was a panic filled decision made in haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In the case of differeing accounts of what happened, why shouldn't it go to trial?
    Because evidence is weighed.
    And in this case one side is far more believable and corroborated while the other is not and keeps falling apart little by little but in major ways.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #68
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The National Gaurd is there--IMO--in case the situation turns into total mayhem; or, it was a panic filled decision made in haste.
    So you wouldn't you say they are there in advance, because it is already known that he wont be charged?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well the evidence is the guy is dead and there is differing testimony in regards to the shooting and the autopsy shows he was shot at a distance. That's sufficient right there.
    It is? I believe that's debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you wouldn't you say they are there in advance, because it is already known that he wont be charged?
    I would disagree with that, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •