Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

  1. #111
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I may be alone in welcoming the beginning of the grand jury process as it appears that I'm alone in suggesting that I don't know enough about what happened to make judgment as to whether the police officer's actions were appropriate or were inappropriate. That stories have been changing, accounts are conflicting, not to mention numerous rumors have arisen, etc., leaves me highly uncertain. I believe the facts need to be determined and examined. Witness accounts need to be thoroughly reviewed and concrete evidence needs to be evaluated. A competent grand jury offers a good start to such a process, hence I welcome it. Even as many on both sides of the matter hold seemingly very strong positions, I continue to reserve judgment.
    You're not alone. I agree with you. Let's get this thing going.

  2. #112
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,145

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This has nothing to do with civil rights. Neither did the Z/T case. It has to do with whether one cop was in the wrong for shooting someone that either did or did not attack him. Or are you really trying to say that any and all murders/self defense cases are under the jurisdiction of the DOJ and Obama?

    Saying that it has NOTHING to do with civil rights is either nave or disingenuous. Of course there is a question as to whether there was a civil rights violation here. It may not be the case, but for you to say it flat out is not the case is silliness.

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Saying that it has NOTHING to do with civil rights is either nave or disingenuous. Of course there is a question as to whether there was a civil rights violation here. It may not be the case, but for you to say it flat out is not the case is silliness.
    Actually no, its not silliness. Its the facts. The only ones calling it a civil rights violation are those claiming that a white policeman shot Brown due to his race. No facts or evidence supports that. And the only ones that I have seen calling it such are those that think that Brown was innocent of ANY wrong doing, and thought so from the getgo before ANY facts were out...much less what we do know now.

    So, can you answer my original question? In the last 40 years when has any President or DOJ personally gotten involved in a murder case before all the facts were known? Not only personally involved, but publicly involved. Mind you, this is regarding cases with similarities to the Z/T case and this Brown case.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #114
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,145

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually no, its not silliness. Its the facts. The only ones calling it a civil rights violation are those claiming that a white policeman shot Brown due to his race. No facts or evidence supports that. And the only ones that I have seen calling it such are those that think that Brown was innocent of ANY wrong doing, and thought so from the getgo before ANY facts were out...much less what we do know now.

    So, can you answer my original question? In the last 40 years when has any President or DOJ personally gotten involved in a murder case before all the facts were known? Not only personally involved, but publicly involved. Mind you, this is regarding cases with similarities to the Z/T case and this Brown case.
    Good grief. People are not marching in the street to protest a youth being shot by a cop. There is substantive basis of a question here.

    Facts? You're joking, right? You don't know the facts. Now your adding arrogance to your naivette.... which gets back to being disingenuous.

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Grand Jury Could Hear Michael Brown Case Evidence Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Good grief. People are not marching in the street to protest a youth being shot by a cop. There is substantive basis of a question here.
    Hmm...last I knew we were talking about the Michael Brown case. *checks thread title and OP*...Yep, we are. Also last I knew Holder was going to Ferguson to look into the investigation of the Michael Brown case. *checks* Yep, he is.

    And FYI, might want to check the OP again....

    Brown’s death has sparked violent clashes between police and protesters who want the officer to be charged.
    So yeah, people are marching in the streets to protest (and riot/loot) a "youth" (BS...he was 18) shot by a cop.

    So...you going to answer my question?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Facts? You're joking, right? You don't know the facts. Now your adding arrogance to your naivette.... which gets back to being disingenuous.
    Looks I at least know what the heck is being talked about in this thread.

    Edit: Forgot to provide proof of why Holder is visiting Ferguson...

    FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder comes to Ferguson today to check in on the investigation into the shooting death of Michael Brown.
    Link
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •