Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 395

Thread: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

  1. #311
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,813

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Bod, the guy wants a civil suit in which he'll ask for a lot of money that he knows that he'll never get. I'm thinking after the money is off the table he'll attempt to negotiate for a 250 refill prescription of Valium to ease his anxiety while he's being raped for the next 20 years. He might want to consider negotiating for some KY to go with the Valium.
    Only if the Vaseline has coarse sand in it.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    The last page or so of this thread is sociopathic filth.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The last page or so of this thread is sociopathic filth.
    And you made yourself a part of it

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Sure they are. They voluntarily committed a crime. If they chose not to commit a crime, they wouldn't be in jail. But you already knew that, and knew what I meant. No, I didn't agree with you. Try again?

    By the way, the reason I'm not posting from jail is I decided not to do something that will end up causing me to be sent to prison. See how that works?

    By the way, go down to your nearest prison and demand that they be released. You seem to have a problem with people in prison. Maybe you can volunteer your house for the people who voluntarily commit crimes, then there would be nothing to worry about.
    Absolutely. Rather than being "held" responsible, I'd prefer (and think they might too) that they were responsible enough to avoid the mess. There are plenty of truly great human beings that are poor, so enough with the excuses-if we keep silent this is what we get.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well the ultimate solution is the isolation of all prisoners, however, that would be costly and harmful to most of them in the long run. What could be a solution is if you are found to have raped someone in prison you are then placed in isolation the rest of your stay. It wouldn't "solve" the first rape problem but it may serve as an incentive not rape someone.
    There isn't enough room as is, and selecting for the rapists would eventually get you a huge contained and pissed rapist population. What could go wrong there?

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm ok with punishment, please stop lying about my arguments. I was merely saying that being in jail isn't voluntary. You seem to agree, though you won't say it, because you wouldn't want the doors of prison flung open because the criminals would leave to commit crimes. Why? Because they were not in jail voluntarily.
    She arguing above your argument-you are saying that jail isn't voluntary. I dont think thats news to anybody-but she's discussing the "why?" to your "what".

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It IS a good idea for most when using the "One strike" rule. Then they may think twice before doing it again. Yes it's enforceable, if the strike is proven.
    There was much opposition from the left to 3 strikes here in CA, but it worked well-it got rid of the population who would not leave crime-at that point its time to leave society.

    Still, avoiding them even being in prison (our illegal pop makes up 1 in 4 in our prisons-they should be deported) would be preferred.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    There isn't enough room as is, and selecting for the rapists would eventually get you a huge contained and pissed rapist population. What could go wrong there?
    You mean versus the already pissed rapist population we have now? So is your solution to let the rapists keep on raping, what could go wrong there?

  9. #319
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Those who deny others their human rights don't deserve any themselves.
    What about those who advocate denying others their human rights?
    I may be wrong.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    She arguing above your argument-you are saying that jail isn't voluntary. I dont think thats news to anybody-but she's discussing the "why?" to your "what".
    I know what she's trying to argue. End of the day we are applying force to put people in prison and keep them there. The force can (and often is) legitimate, but we're still the one's putting them there. That makes us responsible for their well being. We cannot turn blind eye to abuse, crime, torture, etc. to our inmates, we are morally obligated to them since we are not animals, even if those in prison are labeled as such. We are not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •