Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 395

Thread: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Prisoners should sue the state more often for the horrible things that happen to them in prison. I would love to see the state get sued for the millions of rapes that happen inside their prison walls. Failing to protect inmates should lead to lawsuit, imho.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-18-14 at 03:43 PM.

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,290
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I understand your point, but the comparison was too extreme, try something else (although to be fair I have discussed with people who have compared America to Nazi Germany so this was hardly the worst).
    No I agree it is a little far because technically it's not deliberate... but fundamentally as a human rights issue, it's a perception problem.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    From an emotional point of view I agree with you.

    But the issue extends farther than that, a person is sentenced for a crime in prison, that is his/her punishment.

    While this particular gentleman may have deserved it, it doesn't change the fact that people are not sentenced to rape as a punishment for their crimes, and yet it seems we have as a society, allowed prison rape to become permissible and by extension have basically said that a prison sentence for a crime, is also a sentence to be raped as a part of that punishment... which essentially makes us no better than Saddams Iraq.
    Right, prison is their sentence and prison is an ugly place where bad things happen to inmates. It's supposed to be ugly, because they're being punished for a crime, not doing detention for talking in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by ~SAL View Post
    A few of the problems I have with whole hurrah is:

    - rape is wrong under any circumstance even in prison and regardless of what they did
    - it isn't like innocent people have never been convicted
    - we are supposed to uphold the law and what we know to be right, regardless of what others do or do not do otherwise there is no difference between us
    Add to that list that it is the job of the state to protect inmates from bodily harm which includes RAPE.

  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by ~SAL View Post
    yeah I know many feel that way, it gives a sense of "what goes around etc"...but something feels wrong about it now to me...not saying it always did, but when I reach deep inside and examine it, I can't condone it
    Um, let me search my soul...la-la, la, la-la...nope, nothing. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right, prison is their sentence and prison is an ugly place where bad things happen to inmates. It's supposed to be ugly, because they're being punished for a crime, not doing detention for talking in class.
    So you're better than the prisoners how? Explain how throwing someone in a cage, making them your slave, and then not protecting them from fellow prisoners makes you civilized?
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-18-14 at 04:03 PM.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    If the county was negligent, then the suit is justified.



    That's because you have a disordered moral sense. Perverted acts such as this can never be right.
    That all depends on who those acts happen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,290
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right, prison is their sentence and prison is an ugly place where bad things happen to inmates. It's supposed to be ugly, because they're being punished for a crime, not doing detention for talking in class.
    But you still have to grapple with the fundamental point, is Prison a place where denial of freedom is enough of a punishment, or is rape suppose to be part of that punishment.

    I don't agree that prison should be roses, but the American system in particular is poorly run and funded and countries with less harsh prison systems such as the Scandinavian countries have a far lower rate of return guests because of it.

    American prisons turn small time criminals that could be rehabilitated into hardened criminals because of conditions but now I'm getting off point.

    The point is if we make rape permissible as part of the prison system, then we are essentially sentencing someone to rape as a punishment for their crimes which is cruel and unusual punishment which goes against the constitution.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That all depends on who those acts happen to.
    No, it doesn't. Rape is never ok. Why is that not computing in your brain?

  10. #30
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    The raw sadism being presented in this thread is frankly disgusting.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •