Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 395

Thread: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

  1. #261
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,970

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm ok with punishment, please stop lying about my arguments. I was merely saying that being in jail isn't voluntary. You seem to agree, though you won't say it, because you wouldn't want the doors of prison flung open because the criminals would leave to commit crimes. Why? Because they were not in jail voluntarily.
    They are in there voluntarily, Ikari, unless they committed a crime against their will. Punishment handed down by someone else isn't voluntary. Getting to the point that someone else can punish you IS. Semantics. And none of it has to do with the issue of prisoners raping their cellmates anyway, does it?

  2. #262
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,970

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by ~SAL View Post
    you asked a question, I merely answered stating that fixing this problem must begin with the will to fix the problem

    I am not an expert on prisons nor the psychology of imprisonment.

    You imply here that unless we have an answer for this that none can exist. Surely you must grasp how deep this problem is and that the solution will be complex, no?
    I implied no such thing. Don't put words in my fingers that I never typed. I asked you what your solution is.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Going to jail is VERY voluntary!
    Open the doors, see how many criminals are there voluntarily. Of course they do the crime, they get to do the time. That's all proper. But they don't commit crimes and then just walk into prison. We gotta catch them and throw them in there.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #264
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,970

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well the ultimate solution is the isolation of all prisoners, however, that would be costly and harmful to most of them in the long run. What could be a solution is if you are found to have raped someone in prison you are then placed in isolation the rest of your stay. It wouldn't "solve" the first rape problem but it may serve as an incentive not rape someone.
    Isolation probably isn't good for most of them. I know isolation would be the worst thing for me. Yes, the cost is also outrageous.

    I like your idea of "One strike and you're out into isolation" idea. I would think that would be very enforceable too.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They are in there voluntarily, Ikari, unless they committed a crime against their will. Punishment handed down by someone else isn't voluntary. Getting to the point that someone else can punish you IS. Semantics. And none of it has to do with the issue of prisoners raping their cellmates anyway, does it?
    They certainly are accepting prison as a possible outcome when committing crimes. Jail is proper and there is a necessity for it. Those who infringe upon the rights of others must be put there for the sake of society. However, it is not often that a criminal will voluntarily go to prison. Most of the time you have to hunt them down and then you have to use force to keep them there. Again, this is proper use of government force; but it does require force.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #266
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,404

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Isolation probably isn't good for most of them. I know isolation would be the worst thing for me. Yes, the cost is also outrageous.

    I like your idea of "One strike and you're out into isolation" idea. I would think that would be very enforceable too.
    So do you like isolation and think it's enforceable or think it isn't a good idea for most? The ones that are doing the raping could be the ones who isolation isn't good for.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  7. #267
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    If every new inmate got a buckskin belly and a rubber asshole, there wouldn't be a problem at all. I have a problem shedding a tear when those who prey on the innocent discover that they can be a victim too. He has nightmares. He should. He's lucky he's alive to have them.

  8. #268
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,970

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So do you like isolation and think it's enforceable or think it isn't a good idea for most? The ones that are doing the raping could be the ones who isolation isn't good for.
    It IS a good idea for most when using the "One strike" rule. Then they may think twice before doing it again. Yes it's enforceable, if the strike is proven.

  9. #269
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Going on about how bad people, in prison, doing bad things, in prison, is somehow a reflection on our society as a whole is sitting on your high horse.
    Actually, I was "going on" about your comment that prison rape sounds "purdy right".
    I may be wrong.

  10. #270
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,970

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They certainly are accepting prison as a possible outcome when committing crimes. Jail is proper and there is a necessity for it. Those who infringe upon the rights of others must be put there for the sake of society. However, it is not often that a criminal will voluntarily go to prison. Most of the time you have to hunt them down and then you have to use force to keep them there. Again, this is proper use of government force; but it does require force.
    Not sure how old you are, but if you aren't a kid, you may remember the show "Baretta". The theme song contained the words "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (Don't do it)". I think that was the first time I remember hearing that. It stuck with me, as little as I was.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •