Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 395

Thread: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

  1. #251
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm ok with punishment, please stop lying about my arguments. I was merely saying that being in jail isn't voluntary. You seem to agree, though you won't say it, because you wouldn't want the doors of prison flung open because the criminals would leave to commit crimes. Why? Because they were not in jail voluntarily.
    This is as specious an argument as the one pro-choicers sometimes toss out claiming that when a woman consents to having unprotected sex she's not consenting to getting pregnant. If you're a woman and you freely have unprotected sex, you voluntarily take the risk of getting pregnant. If you're a criminal and you freely rob a bank, you voluntarily take the risk of getting caught and imprisoned. To suggest otherwise is just utter nonsense.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #252
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,981
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's prison! Get off your high horse!
    LOL.
    Pointing out that rape is wrong and despicable is a high horse.

    The bar is loooow.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This is as specious an argument as the one pro-choicers sometimes toss out claiming that when a woman consents to having unprotected sex she's not consenting to getting pregnant. If you're a woman and you freely have unprotected sex, you voluntarily take the risk of getting pregnant. If you're a criminal and you freely rob a bank, you voluntarily take the risk of getting caught and imprisoned. To suggest otherwise is just utter nonsense.
    I didn't suggest otherwise. Try reading comprehension, it could help out.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #254
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I didn't suggest otherwise. Try reading comprehension, it could help out.
    I read your pained logic in your exchange with TB - thus my response to you. I'm not the one with the deficiency.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I read your pained logic in your exchange with TB - thus my response to you. I'm not the one with the deficiency.
    Indeed you are. For I never said that the punishment isn't ramification for crime, or that punishment was wrong, or that it wasn't theirs to accept. Merely that they are not in jail voluntarily, which they are not. We put them there to punish them for crimes they commit. It is for society's sake it exists.

    So again, try reading comprehension, it can help out. Seriously.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #256
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Indeed you are. For I never said that the punishment isn't ramification for crime, or that punishment was wrong, or that it wasn't theirs to accept. Merely that they are not in jail voluntarily, which they are not. We put them there to punish them for crimes they commit. It is for society's sake it exists.

    So again, try reading comprehension, it can help out. Seriously.
    And I told you, I read your nonsense and while it's nonsense, I fully understand the meaning of the words strung together. Your logic implies that a criminal act and the consequences of that criminal act are two separate and distinct actions. Any rational person would understand that the consequences are a continuation and a direct result of the criminal act. Perhaps you believe that if you voluntarily put your foot down on the gas pedal of a car you were not voluntarily responsible for the car moving.

    But hey, you're entitled to spew nonsense - it's the internet and you're allowed to make foolish statements with impunity. And I'm allowed to laugh uproariously at the stupidity of them.

    Have a good day and have fun.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #257
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If this were isolated, rape crimes in prison wouldn't be so high. Sorry, you can't say "this is isolated" when it's happening all over prisons all over America. That's not what "isolated" means.
    I can ABSOLUTELY state this case that is being suggested is an isolated case. You keep proving my point. You want to make this case be a referendum on prisons. It wont work.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And I told you, I read your nonsense and while it's nonsense, I fully understand the meaning of the words strung together. Your logic implies that a criminal act and the consequences of that criminal act are two separate and distinct actions. Any rational person would understand that the consequences are a continuation and a direct result of the criminal act. Perhaps you believe that if you voluntarily put your foot down on the gas pedal of a car you were not voluntarily responsible for the car moving.

    But hey, you're entitled to spew nonsense - it's the internet and you're allowed to make foolish statements with impunity. And I'm allowed to laugh uproariously at the stupidity of them.

    Have a good day and have fun.
    You don't appear to understand with these arguments. It does not imply anything you claim. That's an assumption you're making, and one of the reasons you are incorrect. They are oh so related because you can't be justly thrown into jail without first committing a crime.

    Doesn't stop the fact that they are not in jail voluntarily. Open the doors to prison, see what happens. If they're there voluntarily, they will stay put even when the doors are open. What do you think they will do?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #259
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,594

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    LOL.
    Pointing out that rape is wrong and despicable is a high horse.

    The bar is loooow.
    Going on about how bad people, in prison, doing bad things, in prison, is somehow a reflection on our society as a whole is sitting on your high horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #260
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,594

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm ok with punishment, please stop lying about my arguments. I was merely saying that being in jail isn't voluntary. You seem to agree, though you won't say it, because you wouldn't want the doors of prison flung open because the criminals would leave to commit crimes. Why? Because they were not in jail voluntarily.
    Going to jail is VERY voluntary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •