Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 395

Thread: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The guy who filed the suit won't be exonerated. He confessed to his crimes.

    So some people are falsely imprisoned. Yes, I can think of a few famous ones, including Clarence Elkins in Ohio.

    But was the guy at the center of this story? Nope.
    The point is that prison isn't always avoidable.

  2. #192
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I suspect (but stats aren't available) that most prison rape is allowed or encouraged by guards.
    Maybe so, maybe not. But in this case, he was raped by a cell mate. And is suing. Someone has to pay for the suit if he wins. I'm not a big fan of lawsuits.

  3. #193
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The point is that prison isn't always avoidable.
    This guy could have avoided it though. He didn't have to molest a child/children.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,084

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    No one asked you.
    its true though

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That's excellent. I wish you a lot of luck in your endeavor.
    Well, ok, thanks I guess.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I didn't see anything in there that really says how they could have prevented a child molester from raping his child molesting cell mate except filming or monitoring.
    Also "before placing any detainees
    together in a holding cell, staff shall consider whether, based on the information before them, a
    detainee may be at a high risk of being sexually abused and
    , when appropriate, shall take
    necessary steps to mitigate any such danger to the detainee..."

    Also allowing reporting of rape and taking effective action, having adequate staffing, separating young inmates, and
    "If vulnerable detainees are identified
    security staff shall provide such detainees with heightened protection, to include continuous
    direct sight and sound supervision, single cell housing, or placement in a cell actively monitored
    on video by a staff member sufficiently proximate to intervene."

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Maybe so, maybe not. But in this case, he was raped by a cell mate. And is suing. Someone has to pay for the suit if he wins. I'm not a big fan of lawsuits.
    If you don't like lawsuits don't allow the government to do too little to prevent prison rape.

  8. #198
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Also "before placing any detainees
    together in a holding cell, staff shall consider whether, based on the information before them, a
    detainee may be at a high risk of being sexually abused and
    , when appropriate, shall take
    necessary steps to mitigate any such danger to the detainee..."

    Also allowing reporting of rape and taking effective action, having adequate staffing, separating young inmates, and
    "If vulnerable detainees are identified
    security staff shall provide such detainees with heightened protection, to include continuous
    direct sight and sound supervision, single cell housing, or placement in a cell actively monitored
    on video by a staff member sufficiently proximate to intervene."
    How did you decide that the detainee we're discussing was at a "high risk of being sexually abused"?

    Yes, I know - single cells and video cameras. I've seen that repeatedly here. Great. Get it done then.

  9. #199
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If you don't like lawsuits don't allow the government to do too little to prevent prison rape.
    Then call your Congressmen and tell them to take care of it. Is anyone stopping you?

  10. #200
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    How did you decide that the detainee we're discussing was at a "high risk of being sexually abused"?

    Yes, I know - single cells and video cameras. I've seen that repeatedly here. Great. Get it done then.
    A child molester in prison? Getting raped?

    Nah, didn't see that one coming
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •