Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

  1. #11
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,169

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    So the democrat governor sends in more pigs to back up the pigs who are already there and can't handle it.

    Nice going assholes. Why doesn't the Ferguson police department tell people what really, really happened? Their ilk executed a citizen on a lonely street. Gutless bastards.

    I wonder if they'll give the order "shoot to kill" like mayor Richard J. Daley did many years ago in Chicago. stupid pigs.
    Your linked news source fails to mention that some of those "protestors" are shooting, starting fires, looting and destroying property. Why don't you tell us what is really, really happening?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #12
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    So the democrat governor sends in more pigs to back up the pigs who are already there and can't handle it.

    Nice going assholes. Why doesn't the Ferguson police department tell people what really, really happened? Their ilk executed a citizen on a lonely street. Gutless bastards.

    I wonder if they'll give the order "shoot to kill" like mayor Richard J. Daley did many years ago in Chicago. stupid pigs.
    This is what usually happens. People start rioting and looting. The local police department can't handle it. The National Guard is sent in (they have different engagement rules). A scared young soldier with a M16 is shot at or assaulted and defends him/her self and kills at least one other person. Two or more more lives ruined so someone can get a free flat screen or whatever else they want to loot. Those kids in the National Guard don't want to be in the middle of this mess but they have no choice.

    One thing is definite, the looting and rioting will stop or someone else is going to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    What double-standard? I am on the left. I question every Thing about the right Wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,577

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The kid was a giant who had already whipped his ass. I would have shot him too.
    from all reports i have seen there is conflicting evidence.

    the police say that brown shoved the officer back in the car then tried to go for his gun but we only have their word for it. hearsay at best.

    then we have eye witness accounts that say they were walking down the street which is not a crime in a neighborhood. the cop got mad because they wouldn't get out of the street.

    they said that the cop put him in a neck hold etc ...
    so the actual evidences are sketchy.

    now if they link this kid to the robbery then the cop had enough for a reasonable stop. otherwise walking down the street is not enough for a cop to stop them.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    IMO, there are two issues:

    1. Completing the investigation into the shooting of Michael Brown. This has to be a priority. I reserve judgment on that matter as a lot of facts have yet to be determined. If the officer used excessive force--and it remains to be seen--he most definitely should be held fully accountable. For now, the witnesses will need to be carefully and thoroughly questioned and any other evidence will need to be meticulously examined before conclusions are reached. Unlike with the Garner case in New York City, no video of the incident has surfaced to date, which makes the questioning of witnesses and examination of additional information even more critical. I'll await the findings. The media speculation is not really helpful. Neither is the release of the alleged robbery video, as the video does not show what happened at the time and place of the shooting. In general, early information is often incomplete and/or inaccurate.

    2. Addressing post-incident security issues. Although many and probably most protesters are peaceful and have not created security issues, there has been some number who have decidedly exploited the situation to opportunistically loot, carry out violence, etc. That smaller number of persons undermines the credibility of the peaceful protesters as their actions drown out the message of the larger group. That smaller number also needs to be contained and, for those apprehended, prosecuted for their crimes. Rule of law is essential to safeguarding the rights and safety of all residents, including those impacted by the violence/vandalism and also the peaceful protesters. The National Guard's being called out is necessary toward that end. First, there has been a significant loss of confidence in the local police department at present. Second, the State Troopers were not very effective in the end.

  5. #15
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,849

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    from all reports i have seen there is conflicting evidence.

    the police say that brown shoved the officer back in the car then tried to go for his gun but we only have their word for it. hearsay at best.

    then we have eye witness accounts that say they were walking down the street which is not a crime in a neighborhood. the cop got mad because they wouldn't get out of the street.

    they said that the cop put him in a neck hold etc ...
    so the actual evidences are sketchy.

    now if they link this kid to the robbery then the cop had enough for a reasonable stop. otherwise walking down the street is not enough for a cop to stop them.
    I disagree...walking in the middle of.the street is enough reason It's not legal.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,031

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    So the democrat governor sends in more pigs to back up the pigs who are already there and can't handle it.

    Nice going assholes. Why doesn't the Ferguson police department tell people what really, really happened? Their ilk executed a citizen on a lonely street. Gutless bastards.

    I wonder if they'll give the order "shoot to kill" like mayor Richard J. Daley did many years ago in Chicago. stupid pigs.
    Wait! You're the same cat that fully, passionately supported the BLM invading Clive Bundy's ranch like an SS panzer corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,031

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    from all reports i have seen there is conflicting evidence.

    the police say that brown shoved the officer back in the car then tried to go for his gun but we only have their word for it. hearsay at best.

    then we have eye witness accounts that say they were walking down the street which is not a crime in a neighborhood. the cop got mad because they wouldn't get out of the street.

    they said that the cop put him in a neck hold etc ...
    so the actual evidences are sketchy.

    now if they link this kid to the robbery then the cop had enough for a reasonable stop. otherwise walking down the street is not enough for a cop to stop them.
    Walking in the thoroughfare is a misemeanor and the cops aren't going to just ignore it. They WILL give you their attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,715

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    People are seriously going after the National Guard ?

    It took the California National Guard to finally shut down the LA Riots.

    I hope the looters understand the difference between a Soldier and a Police officer.

    If not, it might cost them their lives.

  9. #19
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    39,864

    Re: Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    So the democrat governor sends in more pigs to back up the pigs who are already there and can't handle it.

    Nice going assholes. Why doesn't the Ferguson police department tell people what really, really happened? Their ilk executed a citizen on a lonely street. Gutless bastards.

    I wonder if they'll give the order "shoot to kill" like mayor Richard J. Daley did many years ago in Chicago. stupid pigs.
    I question authority. It's in my nature. I don't think its reasonable to say all police are pigs and are bad. Don't you think that is a bit of a stretch?

    Also, sending in the national guard I think is good to relieve the Ferguson police because the ferg police are suspect as hell and need to be removed from the situation and investigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty louie View Post
    Perhaps words yourself more plainly.

  10. #20
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,123

    Missouri governor sends in National Guard after shooting protests

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I question authority. It's in my nature. I don't think its reasonable to say all police are pigs and are bad. Don't you think that is a bit of a stretch?

    Also, sending in the national guard I think is good to relieve the Ferguson police because the ferg police are suspect as hell and need to be removed from the situation and investigated.
    The Ferguson PD was relieved Monday by the State Police.

    Now the state police are being relieved by the Guard.

    Nobody else in the wings now.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •