Page 83 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1160

Thread: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police[W:302,693:992]

  1. #821
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Just Eric Holder as far as I can tell.
    Typical partisan position.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #822
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, you're saying the Ferguson PD has no history of corruption? You sure about that or do I need to post the links again?

    Let's start with the fact that the organization seems to enjoy beating suspects:

    The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast



    The fact that it cooks the numbers on its misconduct allegations:

    Before Mike Brown Shooting, Ferguson Police Department Had History Of Misconduct Allegations



    Then there are the constant and recorded threats by police to reports. The fact that they've released supposedly damning information only to later claim it is not relevant to the shooting itself etc. Yeah, this department is corrupt, that it's protecting one of their own is no shock.
    Your argument has about as much credence as contending that since some black people in Ferguson have been convicted of crimes, all black people in Ferguson are criminals and Michael Brown therefore guilty.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #823
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    No doubt there will be a grand jury, and more. The grand jury and other investigations will assemble the facts and determine if the facts warrant further actions, some of which can be legal action against, or the arrest of, Officer Wilson and/or members of the Ferguson Police Department or more.
    No doubt this and no doubt that.
    No doubt.
    A GJ is not a Court. It is a body that decides if one will be charged.
    And under the known evidence, that is unlikely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You apparently believe you have ALL the facts and believe that you alone are the arbiter of truth. You seem to believe that justice begins and ends with you.

    You'll pardon the rest of us while we fart in your general direction.
    You are talking nonsense. Do try to stay relevant.
    Saying according to the known evidence, or under the known evidence is speaking about the known evidence. Duh!
    So please tell all these folks you seem to think are farting, how you came to the conclusion that those statements show or even mean I know all the evidence?
    Please. Do tell. I have got to here this.
    And then continue on to explain how that wording I use got so twisted up in your thoughts that you think it means that Justice begins and ends with me?
    Really. Go on and explain it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #824
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The court(s) will likely make the final decision on that.

    Whether you like it or not.

    I doubt that they'll be asking for your opinion.
    The Courts will likely not be involved as the known evidence is in his favor.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #825
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    AG is partially involved because there's reason to believe the assassinated man's civil rights were violated. 9 out of 10 traffic stops made in Ferguson were black people. The NAACP filed complaints last year.
    Well, there's that too. However in a town that's 70% black, I would expect more black people to be stopped. I explained back on page 30 or so what protocol is concerning an autopsy when there could be wrongful death.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #826
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No doubt this and no doubt that.
    No doubt.
    A GJ is not a Court. It is a body that decides if one will be charged.
    And under the known evidence, that is unlikely.


    You are talking nonsense. Do try to stay relevant.
    Saying according to the known evidence, or under the known evidence is speaking about the known evidence. Duh!
    So please tell all these folks you seem to think are farting, how you came to the conclusion that those statements show or even mean I know all the evidence?
    Please. Do tell. I have got to here this.
    And then continue on to explain how that wording I use got so twisted up in your thoughts that you think it means that Justice begins and ends with me?
    Really. Go on and explain it.
    Have you ever served on a Grand Jury? Did you know that the GJ will indict a ham sandwich?!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #827
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    They're laying down THEIR LAW, intimidating the media now, like they have for the past 40 some years, their city council makes up 7 people, 6 are white, their police force is 53, with 50 whites, what does that tell people? They haven't evolved into accepting that black people can live and walk where ever they want, because they have civil rights too, just like whites do, but they (Ferguson Officials) don't officially recognize blacks, Ferguson has a nasty and dirty history of poor race relations, now, their oppression is rubbing off onto the press. They don't want the truths to be told.
    People seem to be jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about the history in this community or having any trace of empathy for citizens that have been mistreated in their own communities for far too long. Instead of looking objectively at the situation the assumption is often made that if they're black they probably did something to warrant being shot. It's hard not to wonder what the reactions would be if these same citizens were primarily white and being subjected to this kind of treatment.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #828
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The Courts will likely not be involved as the known evidence is in his favor.



    You know as much and as little about that as anyone else on this planet.

  9. #829
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use [W:302

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, there's that too. However in a town that's 70% black, I would expect more black people to be stopped. I explained back on page 30 or so what protocol is concerning an autopsy when there could be wrongful death.
    Maybe. But this town has fallen way far behind, it has a history of having a racial divide, and when you look at the black population of their city council and police department, it's quite revealing why.

  10. #830
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    People seem to be jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about the history in this community or having any trace of empathy for citizens that have been mistreated in their own communities for far too long. Instead of looking objectively at the situation the assumption is often made that if they're black they probably did something to warrant being shot. It's hard not to wonder what the reactions would be if these same citizens were primarily white and being subjected to this kind of treatment.
    Exactly. Everyone's attention is on something else.

Page 83 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •