Page 71 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1160

Thread: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police[W:302,693:992]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes, your post is double Lmao.

    Her bias clearly shines through, which is a credibility issue. Officers do not try to pull suspects into their vehicle.
    Officers do not try to pull suspects into vehicles...? And you know this how? Keep making it up as you go.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #702
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    It has been played that way on both sides. That is what I am saying. Some folks have argued that one side is relevant and the other one isn't. I think the rules should be the same for both sides of the argument. Either both are relevant or both aren't relevant.
    Hey, if they're both relevant, I'll take an alleged robbery which had nothing to do with why an otherwise innocent (in the eyes of the law) man was killed over the proven and numerous cases of police brutality by the FPD. Michael Brown was a suspect in alleged robbery. The FPD has proven history of assault and violence.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #703
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,222
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Its the one lesson that we should get out of this huge mess.

    Stupid people have way to much influence in this Country.
    It is amazing how many people in this thread give credence to stupid things said by stupid people on TV or youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  4. #704
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    From the NY Times yesterday:

    The bullets did not appear to have been shot from very close range because no gunpowder was present on his body. However, that determination could change if it turns out that there is gunshot residue on Mr. Brown’s clothing, to which Dr. Baden did not have access. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...imes.html?_r=0
    Irrelevant. And I already pointed out why.
    The eye witness accounts will have more sway.
    The distance he fired from will not matter.

    Let me put it this way.
    In accordance with know evidence.
    The Officer is firing at Brown as he approaches him.
    What damn difference does it make whether Brown is 35 feet from the Officer, or 12 feet form the Officer, or any where in between?
    It make not one bit of difference.
    He was approaching the Officer and the Officer was firing at him, as witnessed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #705
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Officers do not try to pull suspects into vehicles...? And you know this how? Keep making it up as you go.
    Seriously? Do you really think they do?
    Do you somehow not know that that would not be protocol?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #706
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use[W:302,

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hey, if they're both relevant, I'll take an alleged robbery which had nothing to do with why an otherwise innocent (in the eyes of the law) man killed over the demonstrated and proven cases of police brutality by the FPD.
    Except that the corruption incidents of the FPD doesn't represent EVERY police officer in the FPD and doesn't provide a character reference of Wilson.

    The strong arm robbery, on the other hand........

  7. #707
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use[W:302,

    Quote Originally Posted by contrapositive View Post
    You are making an enormous conclusion on Wilson's character based on nothing other than (1) he is white (2) he is a cop (3) he fired at least 6 shots, despite the fact that he has a spotless record.
    Hey, you've only been here for 5 posts and you're already making strawman arguments. Good for you. Now try them on someone who hasn't seen it before.

    You have to make some very very far fetched assumptions about Wilson's character in order to assert that Wilson executed Brown after he had surrendered. You realize that, don't you?
    Hmmm, your opinion is noted.

    The version of events that has Brown assaulting the officer, reaching for his gun, and charging Wilson is far more plausible, based on the video's footage showing Brown's aptitude for violence.
    Alleged aptitude for violence, never tried, never proven to have committed the robbery in a court of law. Innocent in the eyes of the law. Do you disagree?

    Ballistics and toxicology will offer a far better view.
    Hey, they already show that he was shot multiple times and no gun powder was found on him. The odds aren't looking for the supposed charging argument.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #708
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use[W:302,

    Quote Originally Posted by contrapositive View Post
    Except that the corruption incidents of the FPD doesn't represent EVERY police officer in the FPD and doesn't provide a character reference of Wilson.
    And yet... the report and details on the shooting isn't coming from the police officer but from his department which has been shown to be corrupt. Do you disagree?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #709
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Seriously? Do you really think they do?
    Do you somehow not know that that would not be protocol?
    You just said that they don't do it. I asked you how you know. I'll wait for you to backup your claim or duck and dodge. Protocol is irrelevant to what a police officer does and we know this thanks to the many cases of police brutality that occur every year. So I'll wait for you tell us how you "knowing" that they don't do it is proof that he didn't do it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #710
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use[W:302,

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hey, you've only been here for 5 posts and you're already making strawman arguments. Good for you. Now try them on someone who hasn't seen it before.



    Hmmm, your opinion is noted.



    Alleged aptitude for violence, never tried, never proven to have committed the robbery in a court of law. Innocent in the eyes of the law. Do you disagree?



    Hey, they already show that he was shot multiple times and no gun powder was found on him. The odds aren't looking for the supposed charging argument.
    It's not a straw man - nice try. Read more closely. You have nothing that gives you the right to make assumptions of Wilson's character. I'm not simplifying your argument, I was simply stating the only hard acts available to you to make such a huge assumption.

    So you are absolutely stating that it was not Brown who robbed the store? Hmm. Well, I guess it makes your position easier to argue for....

    No, they said they would have to complete forensics of the car and clothes to make a definitive conclusion. In the future, please don't omit any important details like that.

Page 71 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •