Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1160

Thread: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police[W:302,693:992]

  1. #541
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,630

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Hands up doesn't necessarily have to be over the head. By your head. Out in front of your chest. Not fully 90 degrees to the ground.
    Right now we need to find out what really happened.

    maybe the cop was out of control-maybe he was scared. Maybe the deceased deserved getting shot, maybe he did not

    what I do know is that assholes who are raping and pillaging and using this shooting as an excuse to act like thugs need to be dead ASAP.



  2. #542
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,975

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Right now we need to find out what really happened.

    maybe the cop was out of control-maybe he was scared. Maybe the deceased deserved getting shot, maybe he did not
    I absolutely agree 100%. I tend to always question authority because it's basically the only way to police the police. While I think there is a place for authority I tend have a very healthy distrust of it. But not dislike until there is a reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude
    what I do know is that assholes who are raping and pillaging and using this shooting as an excuse to act like thugs need to be dead ASAP.
    I don't like that either and want it to stop.
    Last edited by poweRob; 08-18-14 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #543
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    A good question - but one that comes with a problem. You often don't get time to employ two weapons' systems in an actual charging scenario. That forces you to choose between maybe putting them down and saving yourself, or very likely putting them down and saving yourself. I know plenty of guys who, once they felt their lives were in danger, took whatever steps they saw necessary to make sure that they chose the latter. If you charge an armed person, don't be surprised if they use the weapon - because that's the decision you've put them in.
    Thanks, good point. The risk of grappling for the other weapon while trying to put away or drop the gun would indeed be dangerous.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  4. #544
    Guru
    Velvet Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    What is it exactly that informs this opinion? Do you know these people? Do you live in Ferguson?
    I live a few miles from Ferguson. More than a couple of my co-workers live in that area. Spiker's right.

    Most of the thugs that are rioting are simple street trash that do not live in Ferguson, and have no vested interest there. They're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to cause as much social destruction as possible. In fact, one of my co-workers stood guard in front of her parents' little storefront (on Friday night). She says none of these thugs are interested in "justice." They just blindly hate cops, or hate Whitey, and are taking advantage of the situation.

    Protesting shouldn't involve looting or performing acts of violence.
    Liberals: Demanding the freedom to write laws to take freedoms away from people they don't agree with.

  5. #545
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,975

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
    I live a few miles from Ferguson. More than a couple of my co-workers live in that area. Spiker's right.

    Most of the thugs that are rioting are simple street trash that do not live in Ferguson, and have no vested interest there. They're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to cause as much social destruction as possible. In fact, one of my co-workers stood guard in front of her parents' little storefront (on Friday night). She says none of these thugs are interested in "justice." They just blindly hate cops, or hate Whitey, and are taking advantage of the situation.

    Protesting shouldn't involve looting or performing acts of violence.
    Agreed. I find it interesting people pouring in from outside to riot and loot which harms the locals' more than helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #546
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    This is also the opinion I heard from Joe Madison who has talked in person to Ferguson protestors.
    He's a liberal Black radio host who called the outsiders "provocateurs" as he slammed TV people for not having the guts to use that word .
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Agreed. I find it interesting people pouring in from outside to riot and loot which harms the locals' more than helps.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #547
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And here we go with the usual Excon "he who posts last wins" logic so the content doesn't actually matter. Stop becoming unhinged and try to follow the conversation instead of just saying the same thing over and over and getting more and more irrelevant with each post you make.
    No. That is your absurd logic.
    And this whole post of yours just shows that when you can not logically address the topic or the evidence you just decide to focus on the person.
    That is an absurd tactic that just shows you to be in the wrong.

    So again learn the evidence if you wish to discuss it.

    How about we start with both the Police and the cohort confirming that there was a struggle over the gun which discharged in the vehicle?
    Or do you think that hasn't been corroborated? Or maybe it is that you think gentle Mike the giant wouldn't try to prevent an Officer form arresting him for the robbery he was involved it?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #548
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,975

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No. That is your absurd logic.
    And this whole post of yours just shows that when you can not logically address the topic or the evidence you just decide to focus on the person.
    That is an absurd tactic that just shows you to be in the wrong.

    So again learn the evidence if you wish to discuss it.

    How about we start with both the Police and the cohort confirming that there was a struggle over the gun which discharged in the vehicle?
    Or do you think that hasn't been corroborated? Or maybe it is that you think gentle Mike the giant wouldn't try to prevent an Officer form arresting him for the robbery he was involved it?
    It's absurd. Absurd it is. So absurd. Your using absurd logic making what you say absurd.

    How about you question authority for once in your life? Learn some individuality and independence to stand on your own rather having your info spoonfed to you by authority and lapped up to the last drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #549
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    and therein lies the problem. It's the assumptions made about the character of the protesters and the willingness to be distracted from the real issue
    perhaps you could outline a scenario where someone would show up to peacefully protest and accidentally find themselves looting and smashing up storefronts?

  10. #550
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    perhaps you could outline a scenario where someone would show up to peacefully protest and accidentally find themselves looting and smashing up storefronts?
    It's not black and white like that. People can be protesting in a way this is disorderly without invalidating that they are protesting.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •