Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 198

Thread: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

  1. #71
    Educator
    USViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greensboro NC USA
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    I find it difficult to believe that the conditions of any curfew could constitutionally require people to stay indoors. However, I can believe it might require them to remain on private property, meaning stay off the streets, and off the sidewalks too. I wonder if Hampton and friends planned to spend the night at this Aunt's house in order to avoid violating the curfew.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    As you should know executive orders even at state and national level only apply to public property not private.. BUt if you want to read the exec order itself: https://governor.mo.gov/news/archive...y-and-security

    Tell me again how someone sitting in a car, on private property is an endangerment to public property...

    And again.
    Where do you get this idea that in a declared State Of Emergency that a Curfew only applies to public property?


    That was so funny. You pointed to nothing that supports your argument.


    That is like some nut saying here, https://www.google.com/ that is my proof.
    iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #73
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    And again.
    Where do you get this idea that in a declared State Of Emergency that a Curfew only applies to public property?
    The United States Constitution... A little thing called federalism..


  4. #74
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The United States Constitution... A little thing called federalism..
    I see. You can't support your assertion. Go figure.

    Let me help you out with the general meaning and understanding of Curfew.



    cur·few
    ˈkərˌfyo͞o/
    noun
    noun: curfew; plural noun: curfews

    a regulation requiring people to remain indoors between specified hours, typically at night.
    "a dusk-to-dawn curfew"
    the hour designated as the beginning of a curfew.
    "to be out after curfew without permission was to risk punishment"
    a daily signal indicating the start of curfew.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Curf...-a&channel=rcs
    Last edited by Excon; 08-17-14 at 11:01 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #75
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see. You can't support your assertion. Go figure.
    You are seriously denying property rights? Wanna know how that holds up to the 5th amendment? For the "conservative" you are, you are quite the ****ty conservative? Or is that just cuz they are black?


  6. #76
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You are seriously denying property rights? Wanna know how that holds up to the 5th amendment? For the "conservative" you are, you are quite the ****ty conservative? Or is that just cuz they are black?
    No. What I am saying is that you have failed to support your argument.
    It is like you do not even understand that a State Of Emergency was declared.


    So again, let me help you out with the general meaning and understanding of Curfew.



    cur·few
    ˈkərˌfyo͞o/
    noun
    noun: curfew; plural noun: curfews

    a regulation requiring people to remain indoors between specified hours, typically at night.
    "a dusk-to-dawn curfew"
    the hour designated as the beginning of a curfew.
    "to be out after curfew without permission was to risk punishment"
    a daily signal indicating the start of curfew.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Curf...-a&channel=rcs
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #77
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No. Because private property is not public property.
    Citation please. According to you, by your logic here, a gang of 50 people could be gathered in my front yard and not risk a curfew violation. I seriously doubt that, TDS. I think you'll find that curfew means everybody's supposed to be indoors.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #78
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No. What I am saying is that you have failed to support your argument.
    It is like you do not even understand that a State Of Emergency was declared.


    So again, let me help you out with the general meaning and understanding of Curfew.



    cur·few
    ˈkərˌfyo͞o/
    noun
    noun: curfew; plural noun: curfews

    a regulation requiring people to remain indoors between specified hours, typically at night.
    "a dusk-to-dawn curfew"
    the hour designated as the beginning of a curfew.
    "to be out after curfew without permission was to risk punishment"
    a daily signal indicating the start of curfew.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Curf...-a&channel=rcs
    Oh wait so you want to forget the 5th amendment because they told you so! Gotcha!!!!


  9. #79
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Citation please. According to you, by your logic here, a gang of 50 people could be gathered in my front yard and not risk a curfew violation. I seriously doubt that, TDS. I think you'll find that curfew means everybody's supposed to be indoors.
    Citation? You need a citation between private and public property? Who woulda thought the stereotypical socialist would have to defend this point..


  10. #80
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Citation? You need a citation between private and public property? Who woulda thought the stereotypical socialist would have to defend this point..
    No, TDS. I need a citation that shows that somehow being outside on private property exempts one from curfew.

    That would mean thousands could gather in a WalMart parking lot. Think about it. And then admit you're wrong. Do stereotypical socialists do that??
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •