Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 198

Thread: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    It's one thing for the police to limit travel on the public roads in an emergency. It is quite another for the police to have any decision on if I am inside or outside of my own house on my own property.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If the objective is to make people defy the law even more, then yeah, the curfew worked great.
    Not at all.

    You failed to clarify the reason for the curfew you experienced. And we all can pretty much assume it wasn't to stop anybody from getting high or drunk on their porch like you say you did.

    You stated you did not do a few things, which was the purpose of the curfew in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Guess how much property damage I did that night? None. Guess how people I hurt in any sort of way? None.

    You exemplified exactly the purpose of this curfew and how it worked.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #53
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, what needs to happen is folks start obeying the law.
    Sitting on your drive way smoking a cig is illegal now?


  4. #54
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Please explain to me why they should be arrested for smoking in a driveway, not being a bother to anyone. It really isn't making sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sitting on your drive way smoking a cig is illegal now?
    It figures someone wants to step late into the game with nonsense.


    Stop with the spin. It had nothing to do with smoking.
    They failed to disperse after curfew was in effect, they were in a mode of transportation and were not on their own property.


    Do you two not know what curfew generally means?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not at all.

    You failed to clarify the reason for the curfew you experienced. And we all can pretty much assume it wasn't to stop anybody from getting high or drunk on their porch like you say you did.



    You stated you did not do a few things, which was the purpose of the curfew in this situation.

    You exemplified exactly the purpose of this curfew and how it worked.
    Oh please, if I had any intent that night of harming anyone or their property the curfew wouldn't have stopped me. Why would something that I have zero respect for stop me in the first place?

  6. #56
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh please, if I had any intent that night of harming anyone or their property the curfew wouldn't have stopped me. Why would something that I have zero respect for stop me in the first place?
    And yet you didn't.
    Go figure.

    The point being, in this case, the curfew kept the thugs/criminals off the streets and from committing property damage and looting.
    So despite your dislike of it, the curfew worked during those hours.


    And lets not forget that this curfew was imposed for a reason.
    Had these assholes acted like decent human beings we would never have gotten to this point.
    Last edited by Excon; 08-17-14 at 09:51 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And yet you didn't.
    Go figure.

    The point being, in this case, the curfew kept the thugs/criminals off the streets and from committing property damage and looting.
    So despite your dislike of it, the curfew worked during those hours.


    And lets not forget that this curfew was imposed for a reason.
    Had these assholes acted like decent human beings we would never have gotten to this point.
    Nothing I have found shows any sort of correlation between lowering crime rates and curfews. Do you have proof that the curfew lowered the crime rate?

  8. #58
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    It figures someone wants to step late into the game with nonsense.


    Stop with the spin. It had nothing to do with smoking.
    They failed to disperse after curfew was in effect, they were in a mode of transportation and were not on their own property.


    Do you two not know what curfew generally means?
    Excuse me. Sittin in your private car, on a private drive, not on public property (to where the curfew is in place), smoking a cigarette, is now illegal?


  9. #59
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nothing I have found shows any sort of correlation between lowering crime rates and curfews. Do you have proof that the curfew lowered the crime rate?
    Again:
    The point being, in this case, the curfew kept the thugs/criminals off the streets and from committing property damage and looting.
    So despite your dislike of it, the curfew worked during those hours.

    Well nothing happened, did it?

    “Last night’s curfew — I think everybody worked well,” Nixon said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We’re always disappointed when things aren’t perfect. But thousands of people spoke last night, thousands of people marched, and [there was] not a single gunshot fired by a member of law enforcement last night.”
    State officials defend Ferguson actions as Justice Department orders new autopsy - The Washington Post
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #60
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    It figures someone wants to step late into the game with nonsense.


    Stop with the spin. It had nothing to do with smoking.
    They failed to disperse after curfew was in effect, they were in a mode of transportation and were not on their own property.


    Do you two not know what curfew generally means?
    Failure to disperse on private property.... That sounds pretty damn ridiculous. Sounds like you simply have disdain for the people protesting and are giving the cops a blank check because you are biased.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •