Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 198

Thread: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

  1. #91
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I assume the aunt doesnt allow smoking in the house? Or maybe they wanted to listen to music in the car and it was late at night? Really its none of your business, or the cops. If they would have been on the street then the cops would have an argument.
    Ah - but it is the cop's business.

    See?

    That's the point of having a CURFEW.

    If people claim not to understand that then they're being intentionally obtuse about all of this - and it's a shameful embarrassment that we live in a country where so many adults are incapable of thinking beyond their selves.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #92
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, TDS. I need a citation that shows that somehow being outside on private property exempts one from curfew.

    That would mean thousands could gather in a WalMart parking lot. Think about it. And then admit you're wrong. Do stereotypical socialists do that??
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Stop with the nonsense.
    Everyone knows what a curfew is.
    If you don't, that is your problem.

    Being in a motor vehicle in a driveway is not being inside and it shows intent to break the curfew.


    So stop with the silliness.
    They were in the wrong and were arrested because they were.

    You think they have a 5th Amendment claim, write them and tell them. Their lawyer will laugh at your letter.

    Are you people literally telling me that there is no such thing as private property rights when someone in government says so? So no one has property rights here?


  3. #93
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,315

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Stop with the nonsense.
    Everyone knows what a curfew is.
    If you don't, that is your problem.
    Doesn't know what a curfew is, but thinks some of Hamas is not terrorist, Iran is a democracy and the US lacks human rights.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Are you people literally telling me that there is no such thing as private property rights when someone in government says so? So no one has property rights here?
    Look at that conclusion. Just look at it.

    Wow, man.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Are you people literally telling me that there is no such thing as private property rights when someone in government says so? So no one has property rights here?
    Rights can be suspended. States of Emergency, Martial law.

    But the thing here is, you have failed to make any legal argument. None!
    You have provided nothing to back up your assertions.
    And their violation, is not about property rights at all.


    So you still have nothing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #95
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,315

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Rights can be suspended. States of Emergency, Martial law.

    But the thing here is, you have failed to make any legal argument. None!
    You have provided nothing to back up your assertions.

    So you still have nothing.
    But, Excon...

    If rights are not absolute, then we're the same as North Korea!

  6. #96
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Pay attention to what the video says.

    ANd pAy attention to what was already provided.

    “Last night’s curfew — I think everybody worked well,” Nixon said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We’re always disappointed when things aren’t perfect. But thousands of people spoke last night, thousands of people marched, and [there was] not a single gunshot fired by a member of law enforcement last night.”

    Where was the looting and property damage that the curfew was put in place to prevent?

    Where?
    That point is moot because people PURPOSELY violated the curfew in protest and the cops used crowd control on them, yet didn't arrest them. Yet they arrest people on private property. They are testing how far they can push the rights boundary with this crap... or something.

    Is the backyard ok? Can someone be in a backyard or is that still considered "outside" breaking curfew? Curfew has always pertained to wandering around in public. I dunno why you are changing the spirit of it. At least in America that is what it has always pertained to.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #97
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    But, Excon...

    If rights are not absolute, then we're the same as North Korea!
    But for calculations; There are absolutely no absolutes.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #98
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    That point is moot because people PURPOSELY violated the curfew in protest and the cops used crowd control on them, yet didn't arrest them. Yet they arrest people on private property. They are testing how far they can push the rights boundary with this crap... or something.

    Is the backyard ok? Can someone be in a backyard or is that still considered "outside" breaking curfew? Curfew has always pertained to wandering around in public. I dunno why you are changing the spirit of it. At least in America that is what it has always pertained to.
    There is nothing moot about it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #99
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,315

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    But for calculations; There are absolutely no absolutes.
    It better be absolutely absolutish absolutism or it is downright hypocrisy and the same thing as terrorism!!11!!

  10. #100
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘I just kept asking: Why am I being arrested for sitting in my aunt’s driveway?’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Rights can be suspended. States of Emergency, Martial law.

    But the thing here is, you have failed to make any legal argument. None!
    You have provided nothing to back up your assertions.
    And their violation, is not about property rights at all.


    So you still have nothing.
    Hmmm so curfew= You cant be on your private property...


Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •