Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1120

Thread: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat [W:613/629]

  1. #961
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I don't recall making that statement.
    Accuracy is not necessarily a component of deflection

  2. #962
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Well, Ronnie Earle destroyed Tom Delay's career and reputation. The man spent three years in prison before being acquitted. I think Travis County Dems might call this a "win." And if this partisan ploy succeeds and derails Rick Perry's ambitions (when, really, he's capable of doing this all by himself), they'll also call this a "win" too.

    What would be funny is if this backfires.
    This might be one of the most political offices in the country which just confirms what I have said all along, liberals have to spread their misery equally to everyone. They just cannot be happy with the economic successes in TX, the massive population growth, the Fortune 500 companies moving here, all the jobs being created, low cost of living. Makes you wonder why ideology trumps actual economic results so they have to destroy the individuals

  3. #963
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This might be one of the most political offices in the country which just confirms what I have said all along, liberals have to spread their misery equally to everyone. They just cannot be happy with the economic successes in TX, the massive population growth, the Fortune 500 companies moving here, all the jobs being created, low cost of living. Makes you wonder why ideology trumps actual economic results so they have to destroy the individuals
    I'd ask you to consider the possibility that you are widely and wildly mistaken in your assessments of other people and their motivations.
    I may be wrong.

  4. #964
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Accuracy is not necessarily a component of deflection
    He may have just confused me with someone else.

    That kind of thing happens all the time.
    I have trouble keeping posters apart sometimes.

    It'd be a sign of class if he acknowledged that was mistaken about what he thinks I said and about what he thinks I think.
    I may be wrong.

  5. #965
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I'd ask you to consider the possibility that you are widely and wildly mistaken in your assessments of other people and their motivations.
    How do you know I haven't considered it. I grew up a staunch Democrat when it wasn't a problem being a conservative. The Democrat Party left me. I spent 35 years in the business world starting with nothing but worked hard and eventually had over 1200 employees working for me so I am a pretty good judge of people and their actions

    My bet is that I have voted for more Democrats, mostly local races than many so called liberals here have voted for Republicans. I vote for the person with the results, not the rhetoric and what is happening in Travis Country is wrong.

  6. #966
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    He may have just confused me with someone else.

    That kind of thing happens all the time.
    I have trouble keeping posters apart sometimes.

    It'd be a sign of class if he acknowledged that was mistaken about what he thinks I said and about what he thinks I think.
    I am not going back to review your posts and would suggest you do it. It was when you are talking about the indictment and you said the facts are listed. The facts aren't listed, the charges are. I stand by my statement

  7. #967
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Well, Ronnie Earle destroyed Tom Delay's career and reputation. The man spent three years in prison before being acquitted. [...]
    Mmm, no. He remained free on bond during his appeal.

    And he was not acquitted, rather his conviction was overturned/reversed on appeal. The State of Texas is appealing that reversal to a higher court, so Delay is not out of the woods yet.

  8. #968
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Wherein Conservative Lusts for Lehmberg

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know I haven't considered it.
    I don't know it. But it didn't hurt to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    ...I am a pretty good judge of people and their actions...
    Maybe so. But your assessments about me have been off by orders of magnitude--galaxies away from correct.
    w/e

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am not going back to review your posts and would suggest you do it.
    Of course you are not going to. To be expected.
    And, of course, you want someone else to do your leg work to prove your point.

    ; ) lol ; )

    You said that you thought Lehmberg was lightning hot and that you wanted to bed her so bad you were chewing your sleeve cuffs while watching the videos of her.
    I would post a link to your letters of lust to Lehmberg, but I am not going back to review your posts. I would suggest you do it.

    Just because I make a charge, that doesn't mean that I am the one responsible for backing it up.
    That's crazy talk.
    How could we ever have a debate if we each had to support our own assertions?
    Obviously, my opponent in a debate is the one who carries the responsibility for providing the backing for my assertions, duh.
    Could you imagine what a debate would be like if everyone provided support and evidence for their own assertions?
    Chaos, I tell you. Chaos! Cats sleeping with dogs and the like...

    ; ) lol ; )


    You might get more out of this site if you learned how to debate.

    w/e
    I may be wrong.

  9. #969
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am not going back to review your posts and would suggest you do it.
    I'll spoon feed it to you.

    Here are some search parameters you can use. Can't post a link to the results though.

    Search: Type: Posts; Keyword(s): fact; User: Simon W. Moon; Date is After 08-13-14; Forum = *Breaking News* - Mainstream Media and child forums
    Search: Type: Posts; Keyword(s): facts; User: Simon W. Moon; Date is After 08-13-14; Forum = *Breaking News* - Mainstream Media and child forums

    There are only seven posts which meet the search criteria.
    Depending on how long it takes you to read the posts, you could get through all seven of them in a jiffy.
    I am sure that any interested readers could get through them relatively quickly.

    Find where I said what you say I said.

    Good Luck!

    Should I be surprised if you continue to stand by your statement about what I have said despite the utter lack of evidence?
    I may be wrong.

  10. #970
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Mmm, no. He remained free on bond during his appeal.

    And he was not acquitted, rather his conviction was overturned/reversed on appeal. The State of Texas is appealing that reversal to a higher court, so Delay is not out of the woods yet.
    Hmmm...Do you believe that non progressive ideologies should be imprisoned?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •