Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1120

Thread: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat [W:613/629]

  1. #921
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Said the person telling the lie.

    So again:
    How many time do we need to go around the mulberry bush for you to understand what was already said?

    It has already been done, and you know it.
    I told you I will not rehash what has already been pointed out to you since all you do is deny it.

    What do you not understand about that?

    Let me guess though, you are still going to try to push for something that just isn't gonna happen, just like a bully. iLOL
    Figures.

    You are wrong because you do not understand. Just like you did not understand what Governor Ferguson was indicted for or that it wasn't even the same issue.
    You keep pointing to this.....

    It has already been done, and you know it.
    I told you I will not rehash what has already been pointed out to you since all you do is deny it.
    This is hilarious. You keep claiming it has already been done, but no post in this thread backs your claim. Why is that? It's because no post exists. No post was ever made to poke the hole in the logic, once again given below, of why Perry was indicted.

    Now tor the TENTH time I will post my question to you. Poke a hole, any hole, in the argument below, without telling more lies about so-call posts that were never posted by anybody.

    How long are you going to keep lying, instead of answering a simple question? You might think you are being cute, but everybody here can see what you are doing. You are lying, and to be honest, it's making you look like a horse's ass.

    1) The law says that, if you intend to harm another by misusing government property that has come into the possession of the government employee by virtue of his or her employment, then you have committed a crime.

    2) The property in question consists of the funds for the Public Integrity Unit.

    3) The employee in question is Assistant DA Rosemary Lehmburg.

    4) Had Perry not made any threat, and just cancelled the funds, he could have given any reason he wanted, within reason... For example "The Public Integrity Unit is a waste of taxpayer money, and so I am vetoing the funds".

    5) However, Perry issued a threat against Lehmburg and her office. This was AFTER a grand jury already decided that she could keep her job.

    6) In making the threat, Perry showed that his action, if taken, would be to act against a public employee by using property of the state of Texas as a weapon.

    7) When Perry then carried out this threat, under the laws of the State of Texas, Perry had harmed Lehmberg by misusing government property (the funds).

    8) Perry has been indicted for that.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #922
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You keep pointing to this.....


    This is hilarious. You keep claiming it has already been done, but no post in this thread backs your claim. Why is that? It's because no post exists. No post was ever made to poke the hole in the logic, once again given below, of why Perry was indicted.

    Now tor the TENTH time I will post my question to you. Poke a hole, any hole, in the argument below, without telling more lies about so-call posts that were never posted by anybody.

    How long are you going to keep lying, instead of answering a simple question? You might think you are being cute, but everybody here can see what you are doing. You are lying, and to be honest, it's making you look like a horse's ass.

    1) The law says that, if you intend to harm another by misusing government property that has come into the possession of the government employee by virtue of his or her employment, then you have committed a crime.

    2) The property in question consists of the funds for the Public Integrity Unit.

    3) The employee in question is Assistant DA Rosemary Lehmburg.

    4) Had Perry not made any threat, and just cancelled the funds, he could have given any reason he wanted, within reason... For example "The Public Integrity Unit is a waste of taxpayer money, and so I am vetoing the funds".

    5) However, Perry issued a threat against Lehmburg and her office. This was AFTER a grand jury already decided that she could keep her job.

    6) In making the threat, Perry showed that his action, if taken, would be to act against a public employee by using property of the state of Texas as a weapon.

    7) When Perry then carried out this threat, under the laws of the State of Texas, Perry had harmed Lehmberg by misusing government property (the funds).

    8) Perry has been indicted for that.

    Said the person telling the lies.

    So again:

    How many time do we need to go around the mulberry bush for you to understand what was already said?

    It has already been done, and you know it.
    I told you I will not rehash what has already been pointed out to you since all you do is deny it.

    What do you not understand about that?

    Let me guess though, you are still going to try to push for something that just isn't gonna happen, just like a bully. iLOL
    Figures.

    You are wrong because you do not understand. Just like you did not understand what Governor Ferguson was indicted for or that it wasn't even the same issue.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #923
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Said the person telling the lies.

    So again:

    How many time do we need to go around the mulberry bush for you to understand what was already said?

    It has already been done, and you know it.
    I told you I will not rehash what has already been pointed out to you since all you do is deny it.

    What do you not understand about that?

    Let me guess though, you are still going to try to push for something that just isn't gonna happen, just like a bully. iLOL
    Figures.

    You are wrong because you do not understand. Just like you did not understand what Governor Ferguson was indicted for or that it wasn't even the same issue.
    Hey.

    Knock your shenanigans the **** off and post a link to whatever post or posts you keep claiming disprove his logic. Simple solution to this farce.

    When posters start C&Ping their previous posts it's no longer a debate, and wastes everyone's time.

    If they don't exist, post your own, or admit you were wrong. No shame in that. Part of the learning process.

    If they do exist, and they poke sufficient holes in the logic, I bet you that danarhea will admit to such.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #924
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,972
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That politician was dead wrong in her behavior: I hope she got or gets fired over it.
    She's already been tried and convicted, and served her time.
    I may be wrong.

  5. #925
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hey.

    Knock your shenanigans the **** off and post a link to whatever post or posts you keep claiming disprove his logic. Simple solution to this farce.
    Simple solution is to pay attention to what has been said.
    All he has done is deny what others have pointed out.
    There is no point rehashing it. And I have told him as much.
    And yet he still tries to bully an answer that he was already told he will not receive.
    He keeps doing the same thing over and over and expects different results. Sorry, that is on him.
    He was told, he simply wont listen.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    When posters start C&Ping their previous posts it's no longer a debate, and wastes everyone's time.
    Then tell him to listen to what he is told and drive on.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I bet you that danarhea will admit to such.
    No he wont.
    The holes have already been poked. He doesn't admit it.
    I figured that out as soon as he wouldn't admit to his false claim about Governor Ferguson.

    So I a not going to go over what others have pointed out just to have him deny it again. That is silly.


    Thank you for your concern, but I suggest you direct it towards him and tell him to drive on.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #926
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    I didn't understand until about 5 minutes ago one of the issues in this case. Tom Delay appeared on "Fox and Friends" being interviewed by Steve Doocy, so I stopped on the way to the kitchen and stood there and listened. The Public Integrity Unit is a county unit with statewide reach. Why is that?

    And that's not right.

    I agree with Delay, whose political career was ruined by this Unit and then-DA Ronnie Earle, that the Legislature needs to fix this.

    Yes, I know, "Fox and Friends." Tom Delay. Hoping we can spare bandwidth here by bypassing predictable comments on them.

  7. #927
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Are you dense? Whether or not she was drunk or not doesn't change the fact that it is none of Perry's business.
    The taxpayer money in the state of TX is Perry's responsibility. Why would you give any money to someone so irresponsible? Perry did the right thing and what he was legally obligated to do.

    This argument is getting old. The DA did not lose her job, so where is the personal harm?

  8. #928
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Once again, you are missing the point. The issue is not about the Governor's right to veto funds. He has every right to do that. However, he commits a felony when he uses that power to threaten a State of Texas employee. He wasn't indicted for using his veto. He was indicted for using his office to make threats.
    Pretty simple question, did the DA lose her job? What threat would that be that would PERSONALLY hurt the DA?

  9. #929
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    She's already been tried and convicted, and served her time.
    I'm glad she went in.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #930
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Once again, you are missing the point. The issue is not about the Governor's right to veto funds. He has every right to do that. However, he commits a felony when he uses that power to threaten a State of Texas employee. He wasn't indicted for using his veto. He was indicted for using his office to make threats.
    His threat was to use his veto power. Obama does it all the time. Even left wingers think this indictment is completely political. You may support it because you hate Perry but next time it could be someone you like.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •