Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1120

Thread: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat [W:613/629]

  1. #531
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Isn't that what we need to find out? I've asked the clear question, "Why was Gov. Perry so adamant about this DA resigning?" Was it just a matter of honor, integrity and losing the public trust or did Gov. Perry have to gain from seeing her gone? Maybe that's something worthy of looking into.
    Perry blasts felony indictment as ‘outrageous’ | Texas Legislature | News ...

    He explains.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #532
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I'm not the guy who indicted him.

    Talk to the prosecutor in Texas who's taking this case to trial.

    Perry brought this on himself with his tactics.




    The Texas GOP is facing a huge problem in the not-distant future with massive demographic change.

    In 20-years Texas could be a blue state.
    "Could be".... Hell in 20 years NY could be a red state....You have no idea what you are talking about, you're just driven by hate.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #533
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Look, either you "conservatives" care about facts or you don't. Which is it? Do you really think Rick Perry suffered spinal surgery, or do you know for a fact that Rick Perry has a spine?

    Truth be told, you conservatives only want facts that sway in your direction, thus making it impossible for people to get through to you. But I'll be danged if you can't do research and look up facts. You proved to us all (just now) that you have that ability to do so and choose not to when it so benefits you. And here we thought you were just stupid. It's not that you can't look up facts, it's that you refuse to. The very definition of bias.
    Oh, I looked up facts alright, and my memory does serve: Perry had spinal surgery in the summer of 2011. So, yes, Rick Perry really did undergo surgery (and I already knew that he had a functioning spine because he walks upright).

    That doesn't explain at all, of course, your repeated comment that Perry was "hopped up on drugs" for a "non-medical reason." You could have qualified what you meant after I asked if spinal surgery is "non-medical," but instead, you chose to repeat what you said, meaning that YOU didn't do YOUR due-diligence.

    And now you say that "you conservatives" want only facts that "sway in your direction" and "refuse to look up facts." Uh, that would be you when the facts were just a Google away. Your interest, clearly, is in character assassination. I'm not sure what your point was in making yourself look like a mean-spirited, stubborn fool, but here you are.

  4. #534
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Obama wasn't just responsible for the U.S. recession that started over a year before he took office, and by the time he was inaugurated had the U.S. losing several hundred thousand jobs per MONTH, you can blame him for the WORLDWIDE debt bubble, housing bubble, financial collapse and inevitable deep recessions that follow debt bubbles. Can't believe you can't see that. Look, if McCain had been elected with his trusty sidekick, Sarah Palin, we'd have avoided all that. Thanks Obama!
    LOL, now that is funny and hopefully sarcasm. The recession ended in June 2009 long before Obama had any economic policy in place and as a matter of fact we are still waiting for some of those shovels to arrive. This is the worst recovery on record and shows that when we told supporters that Obama was unqualified, had zero leadership skills, had no meaningful record in the Senate and was nothing more than a community agitator too many ignored that but realize it now. That is what happens with far too many buy rhetoric vs. doing any research. Nice attempt though at diverting the thread and this has nothing to do with the OP

  5. #535
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Everyone who wonders what it was about Perry using his veto caused a grand jury to indict him:
    Here's the indictment where they make their case that what was done was illegal.


    http://ftpcontent3.worldnow.com/ktbc...ictment%20.pdf
    http://dig.abclocal.go.com/ktrk/PICS...indictment.pdf
    As I have stated in this thread many times, the bottom line is that any Governor has the right to exercise his veto authority on any piece of legislation for any reason thus end of discussion.

  6. #536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Obama wasn't just responsible for the U.S. recession that started over a year before he took office, and by the time he was inaugurated had the U.S. losing several hundred thousand jobs per MONTH, you can blame him for the WORLDWIDE debt bubble, housing bubble, financial collapse and inevitable deep recessions that follow debt bubbles. Can't believe you can't see that. Look, if McCain had been elected with his trusty sidekick, Sarah Palin, we'd have avoided all that. Thanks Obama!


    I hear Obama also kidnapped the Limburg baby.

  7. #537
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    And we have someone who already convicted Perry, without so much as all of the facts.
    Why do you lie?

    I haven't said anything about Perry's guilt or innocence and even if I did, it would still be hypocritical for you to complain given the way you have already convicted the dems and the media without *any* facts
    Last edited by sangha; 08-17-14 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Better line them all up and start the parade to the courts.
    OK, let's start with Rick Perry.

  9. #539
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, that is a lie, they have the highest number of people making FEDERAL minimum wage, not the highest number making minimum wage, that belongs to your state. You don't seem to grasp the difference. Try living in California on the California minimum wage. You ought to know how tough that is
    No matter how many times you try to spin and shuffle....the facts speak for themselves Con. How does it feel being in the same class as Mississippi when it comes to the lowest wages in the country? You must be proud!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #540
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No matter how many times you try to spin and shuffle....the facts speak for themselves Con. How does it feel being in the same class as Mississippi when it comes to the lowest wages in the country? You must be proud!
    Feels great to live in a pro growth state that is growing in population, jobs, has no debt, low cost of living, no state income tax. Seems you are so much smarter than those from California moving to TX so they can get low wages, have high poverty, be unable to get insurance, and to put their kids in inferior schools. Wonder why they do that? What I see from you is someone who loves their state and they say love is blind because you are blinded by the state economic results.

    Tell me again how many people are making California minimum wage and if that is higher than 500,000 then you are lying when you say TX leads the nation on having the number making minimum wage?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •