Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1120

Thread: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat [W:613/629]

  1. #251
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Keep Austin Weird is the slogan adopted by the Austin Independent Business Alliance to promote small businesses in Austin, Texas. It is intended to promote local businesses and is inspired by comments made by Red Wassenich in 2000 while giving a pledge to an Austin radio station.
    [...]
    Other cities adopted similar slogans later, such as Portland, Oregon in 2003.
    Then thats even more sad for Portland. Thank you. But I think them Portlanders are weirder. (at least that is my bias having grown up in Estacada, Oregon with my flannels and corks).

  2. #252
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Governors can veto bills because someone paid them to veto a bill?
    Is the 'someone paid them to veto a bill' part factual or conjecture?

    Yeah, I can see where this Republican's troubles will be trumpeted across the media where as Cuomo's scandal be confined to the back pages, if covered at all.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  3. #253
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Just curious, why do you dislike Perry ?

    Is it because he's a Republican ?

    Because he's had twisted Democrats looking for something to nail him on for years now, and THIS BS charge is the best they can do.

    So it's fair to say he's not corrupt, at least not on the level of Politicians like Andrew Cuomo or Barrak Obama, or Hillary Clinton.

    He's also a qualified leader and has a long record of accomplishments to run on IF he ever decided to run for President.

    Texas's economy is booming and thanks to his leadership millions of Americans from bankrupt States like California now have a second chance at supporting themselves and their families.

    So why do you dislike him ?



    He's just the kind of slimy politician that I never could stand. I find him to be a lot like Tom Delay, who I also can't stand.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Governors can veto bills because someone paid them to veto a bill?
    Just like President's can veto bills because someone pays them to do so, what is your point? It is legal for a Governor and President to veto a bill regardless of your opinions.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He's just the kind of slimy politician that I never could stand. I find him to be a lot like Tom Delay, who I also can't stand.
    Tell me exactly when you met and what you know about Rick Perry? You buy what the media tells you. I live a little closer to the situation than you do and have a better understanding of Perry and TX politics. You have no idea what you are talking about.

  6. #256
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    [QUOTE=Conservative;1063647398]Tell me exactly when you met and what you know about Rick Perry? You buy what the media tells you. I live a little closer to the situation than you do and have a better understanding of Perry and TX politics.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.[
    /QUOTE]




    That's your opinion, which you are entitled to.

    I have no use for it and will ignore it.




    IOW: Take a hike.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He's just the kind of slimy politician that I never could stand. I find him to be a lot like Tom Delay, who I also can't stand.

    " Slimey " ??

    What leads you to believe that he's slimey ?

    The way he looks ? The way he dresses ? The way he talks ?

    Technically he's been under investigation since he became Governor by Democrats who're waiting for any reason what so ever to malign him.

    This indictment is proof of that.

    Because there are Politicians that fit the definition of slimey to a T but since they're Democrats their actions are ignored.

    Rick Perry has done positive things for Texans and the State of Texas.

    Millions of plague Blue State refugees are proof of his qualifications as a leader as they pick up everything they own and chose Texas as a place to raise their families.

    Personally I think you simply dislike his because he's a Republican and his success is embarrassing Democrats all iver the Country.

    Thats petty.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    [QUOTE=shrubnose;1063647405]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell me exactly when you met and what you know about Rick Perry? You buy what the media tells you. I live a little closer to the situation than you do and have a better understanding of Perry and TX politics./QUOTE]

    That's your opinion, which you are entitled to.

    I have no use for it and will ignore it.



    IOW: Take a hike.
    Of course you will, that is liberal arrogance. Only a liberal in Europe knows more about Texas than someone who has lived here for 22 years. Sorry we saved your ass in WWI and II not so with the many in that area

  9. #259
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Is the 'someone paid them to veto a bill' part factual or conjecture?
    Governors can veto bills because someone paid them to veto a bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #260
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just like President's can veto bills because someone pays them to do so, what is your point? It is legal for a Governor and President to veto a bill regardless of your opinions.
    My point is that one must incredible ignorant to think that a governor can accept a bribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •