Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1120

Thread: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat [W:613/629]

  1. #1041
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Kaufman County D.A. Rick Harrison (R) drove the wrong way into traffic and was found guilty of drunk driving in 2009

    Swisher County DA Terry McEachern (R), was convicted of a DUI in 2003.

    Neither seemed to catch the attention of Perry.

    Whether the indifference to those two was because of the 'R' behind their name or the fact that they weren't heading up an investigative unit looking into the Texas Cancer Research and Prevention Institute - in which a former high-ranking official was indicted on a state felony in connection with a $11 million grant and is one of Perry's pet projects - is unknown at this time.
    All the cards will be laid out on the table during Perry's trial. At this time, Perry is indicted, which does not mean that he is convicted. Innocent until proven guilty. Just because there was probable cause to indict him does not mean that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That will be determined by the court.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #1042
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I think Perry had zero chance over ever being president and I don't agree with the guy politically at all, but the charges are total BS.
    There's lots of money to be made by running for POTUS or just by being in politics generally. Ask Rick Perry...
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #1043
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    All the cards will be laid out on the table during Perry's trial. At this time, Perry is indicted, which does not mean that he is convicted. Innocent until proven guilty. Just because there was probable cause to indict him does not mean that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That will be determined by the court.
    Never said or claimed any different.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  4. #1044
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Perry's high priced attorney is getting paid 450+ per hour by the state. I think we had to foot the bill for blago too. Its time we stop subsidizing corruption and make these guys pay for their own lawyers.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  5. #1045
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Frustration? LOL, I am sure the people of TX will be so sad to see you go. I moved to TX in 92 and it was the best move I have ever made. Colorado is a lovely state and a great state to visit. You are going to love the taxes there and the cost of living. I have visited every state in the country and have yet to find anything like it is here. The old adage that the grass is greener on the other side until you get there holds true, but of course in Colorado the grass is brown and you smoke it. Maybe that is why you want to move there.
    I will always love Texas, it's my home state. I do look forward to moving though. BTW, it's the brown weed people here in Texas are forced to contend with. Most of it comes from Mexico and is compacted and smuggled in. The weed in Colorado is green and fresh.

    You mentioned moving here in 1992. The Texas I grew up in is not the same as when you moved here. I was more comfortable decades ago than now. I am glad you have found this state to your liking. I hope you prosper and enjoy every minute you live here. There are a lot of great people here on both sides of the aisle.

  6. #1046
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    All the cards will be laid out on the table during Perry's trial. At this time, Perry is indicted, which does not mean that he is convicted. Innocent until proven guilty. Just because there was probable cause to indict him does not mean that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That will be determined by the court.
    A very eloquent strawman; well done

  7. #1047
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    ...the charges are total BS.
    What makes you think this?

    The charges against Perry are bull**** because...
    I may be wrong.

  8. #1048
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    A very eloquent strawman; well done
    How is that a straw man? It happens to be the way our system works.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    How is that a straw man? [...]
    I'm here to observe and comment, not to dispense remedial education or debate the obvious.

    Google is your friend if you are truly in search of enlightenment

  10. #1050
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Gov. Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power for carrying out threat to veto prose

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I'm here to observe and comment, not to dispense remedial education or debate the obvious.

    Google is your friend if you are truly in search of enlightenment
    In any state, an indictment is given if there is probable cause. Since there was probable cause, Perry was indicted. However, during trial, the bar is higher for conviction, which may or may not happen, depending on the evidence that will be presented. Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is a much higher bar than probable cause.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •