Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 279

Thread: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

  1. #51
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    and for them.
    Because I doubt anyone believe Libya will ever be better than it was.
    Three years after Gaddafi, Libya is imploding into chaos and violence
    World View: Its government has no real power; militias are ever more entrenched, and now the state itself is under threat.


    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...e-9194697.html


    Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi, Assad, who next. The ME is in flames and the apologists of US policy are patting themselves on the back. I swear we're in trouble.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #52
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What's the conflict, the SOD was quite belligerent/arrogant in his 2007 statement and he's pursuing the policy now. Seems consistent enough to me.


    Btw, you quoted it, what do you have to say about Eisenhower's NST telling him that its Americas destructive policies in the ME that cause the people to hate us. I didn't even need to find that, to understand this myself, its that damn obvious!
    I think the supply of oil to the US was more secure with the Shah, Moubarak and even Saddam in charge. I think the Ottomans showed the only way to get things done is to not tolerate the kind of crap we're seeing today. In an ideal world, I'd rather have us do the administrating, and cut out guys like Maliki and Karzai.

  3. #53
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The average Iraqi DOES value human rights and justice. This is your disconnect from reality. Everywhere I've been, all around the world, my travels have taught me: people are people.

    Presuming the majority of Iraqis are terrorists is nonsense. Do you not understand oppression?
    I understand we are throwing American money and life down a hole

  4. #54
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,322

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    It may seem to you and to me as slaves but it's their way of living. We should get deal with it.
    Look at the happy slaves frolicking about the plantation. They're so content. Why who are we to take away the joy of care-free living and the social position they clearly adore!

    Yeah, I've heard that before.

  5. #55
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You deny the existence of development and that Libya will experience it? Libya got better the moment Qaddafi left power.

    Freedom is bad for people? How naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    I don't know if I can say that across the board though. I guess it all depends on what they want out of the government. If they are wanting a religious government, then countries like Egypt, Palestine, and Lebanon are what they want I suppose, and may be happy with. If the rebels did end up defeating Assad, we'd have a radical government there as well. The only bright spot is Tunisia, but that's because there going for the more secular approach, and away from this religious nonsense.
    • There was no electricity bills in Libya; electricity was free … for all its citizens.
    • There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
    • If a Libyan was unable to find employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
    • Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they receive farm land, a house, equipment, seed and livestock to kick start their farms –this was all for free.
    • Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
    • A home was considered a human right in Libya. (In Qaddafi’s Green Book it states: “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.”)
    • All newlyweds in Libya would receive 60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start a family.
    • A portion of Libyan oil sales is or was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
    • A mother who gives birth to a child would receive US $5,000.
    • When a Libyan buys a car, the government would subsidizes 50% of the price.
    • The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14 per liter.
    • For $ 0.15, a Libyan local could purchase 40 loaves of bread.
    • Education and medical treatments was all free in Libya. Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the Arab and African World. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of charge.
    • If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government would fund them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance.
    • 25% of Libyans had a university degree. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 87%.
    • Libya had no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – though much of this is now frozen globally.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    According to the United Nations Development Programme, Libya ranked first in Africa (53 globally) on the Human Development Index ‑ ahead of Saudi Arabia at 55, Iran at 70, South Africa at 73, Jordan at 82, Egypt at 101, Indonesia at 108, India at 119, Afghanistan at 155.


    The fundamental difference between western democratic systems and the Jamahiriya's direct democracy is that in Libya citizens were given the chance to contribute directly to the decision-making process, not merely through elected representatives. Hence, all Libyans were allowed to voice their views directly – not in one parliament of only a few hundred elite politicians – but in hundreds of committees attended by tens of thousands of ordinary citizens. Far from being a military dictatorship, Libya under Mr. Gaddafi was Africa 's most prospero us democracy.

    Democracy is not merely about elections or political parties. True democracy is also about equal opportunity through education and the right to life through access to health care.
    So talking about human rights, where were more human rights, in Libya or in USA/West??
    Because imo in USA and West there are no human rights. Education and health care are a privilege now.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  6. #56
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I understand we are throwing American money and life down a hole
    An oil hole!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #57
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Look at the happy slaves frolicking about the plantation. They're so content. Why who are we to take away the joy of care-free living and the social position they clearly adore!

    Yeah, I've heard that before.
    Well, I tried to explain further below.
    But the way I see is that you really don't know how people live there. You still believe the Libyan people were in danger of a brutal dictatorship and that's the reason it was bombed.

    For you any country who doesn't have a democracy like US/West is a dictatorship, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    The fundamental difference between western democratic systems and the Jamahiriya's direct democracy is that in Libya citizens were given the chance to contribute directly to the decision-making process, not merely through elected representatives. Hence, all Libyans were allowed to voice their views directly – not in one parliament of only a few hundred elite politicians – but in hundreds of committees attended by tens of thousands of ordinary citizens. Far from being a military dictatorship, Libya under Mr. Gaddafi was Africa 's most prospero us democracy.

    Democracy is not merely about elections or political parties. True democracy is also about equal opportunity through education and the right to life through access to health care.
    So talking about human rights, where were more human rights, in Libya or in USA/West??
    Because imo in USA and West there are no human rights. Education and health care are a privilege now.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  8. #58
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,322

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I understand we are throwing American money and life down a hole
    Millions of people disagree with you. I guess they're all just "crazy libtards" or something like that. I'm sure there's no substance to their position at all. Sure, drive yourself insane by ignoring the logic and reason of half the population. All the people that volunteer, all the representatives that vote, all the people that vote for those representatives and otherwise. All crazy.

    It's a grand conspiracy.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by coin View Post
    • there was no electricity bills in libya; electricity was free … for all its citizens.
    • there was no interest on loans, banks in libya were state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
    • if a libyan was unable to find employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
    • should libyans want to take up a farming career, they receive farm land, a house, equipment, seed and livestock to kick start their farms –this was all for free.
    • gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the great man-made river project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
    • a home was considered a human right in libya. (in qaddafi’s green book it states: “the house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.”)
    • all newlyweds in libya would receive 60,000 dinar (us$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start a family.
    • a portion of libyan oil sales is or was credited directly to the bank accounts of all libyan citizens.
    • a mother who gives birth to a child would receive us $5,000.
    • when a libyan buys a car, the government would subsidizes 50% of the price.
    • the price of petrol in libya was $0.14 per liter.
    • for $ 0.15, a libyan local could purchase 40 loaves of bread.
    • education and medical treatments was all free in libya. Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the arab and african world. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of charge.
    • if libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in libya, the government would fund them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get us $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance.
    • 25% of libyans had a university degree. Before gaddafi only 25% of libyans were literate. Today the figure is 87%.
    • libya had no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – though much of this is now frozen globally.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    according to the united nations development programme, libya ranked first in africa (53 globally) on the human development index ‑ ahead of saudi arabia at 55, iran at 70, south africa at 73, jordan at 82, egypt at 101, indonesia at 108, india at 119, afghanistan at 155.


    the fundamental difference between western democratic systems and the jamahiriya's direct democracy is that in libya citizens were given the chance to contribute directly to the decision-making process, not merely through elected representatives. Hence, all libyans were allowed to voice their views directly – not in one parliament of only a few hundred elite politicians – but in hundreds of committees attended by tens of thousands of ordinary citizens. Far from being a military dictatorship, libya under mr. Gaddafi was africa 's most prospero us democracy.

    democracy is not merely about elections or political parties. True democracy is also about equal opportunity through education and the right to life through access to health care.
    So talking about human rights, where were more human rights, in libya or in usa/west??
    Because imo in usa and west there are no human rights. Education and health care are a privilege now.
    that! Is too cool.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #60
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    • There was no electricity bills in Libya; electricity was free … for all its citizens.
    • There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
    • If a Libyan was unable to find employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
    • Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they receive farm land, a house, equipment, seed and livestock to kick start their farms –this was all for free.
    • Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
    • A home was considered a human right in Libya. (In Qaddafi’s Green Book it states: “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.”)
    • All newlyweds in Libya would receive 60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start a family.
    • A portion of Libyan oil sales is or was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
    • A mother who gives birth to a child would receive US $5,000.
    • When a Libyan buys a car, the government would subsidizes 50% of the price.
    • The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14 per liter.
    • For $ 0.15, a Libyan local could purchase 40 loaves of bread.
    • Education and medical treatments was all free in Libya. Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the Arab and African World. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of charge.
    • If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government would fund them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance.
    • 25% of Libyans had a university degree. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 87%.
    • Libya had no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – though much of this is now frozen globally.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    According to the United Nations Development Programme, Libya ranked first in Africa (53 globally) on the Human Development Index ‑ ahead of Saudi Arabia at 55, Iran at 70, South Africa at 73, Jordan at 82, Egypt at 101, Indonesia at 108, India at 119, Afghanistan at 155.


    The fundamental difference between western democratic systems and the Jamahiriya's direct democracy is that in Libya citizens were given the chance to contribute directly to the decision-making process, not merely through elected representatives. Hence, all Libyans were allowed to voice their views directly – not in one parliament of only a few hundred elite politicians – but in hundreds of committees attended by tens of thousands of ordinary citizens. Far from being a military dictatorship, Libya under Mr. Gaddafi was Africa 's most prospero us democracy.

    Democracy is not merely about elections or political parties. True democracy is also about equal opportunity through education and the right to life through access to health care.
    So talking about human rights, where were more human rights, in Libya or in USA/West??
    Because imo in USA and West there are no human rights. Education and health care are a privilege now.
    While all the above may be true, it still may not make them happy. Which obviously some of them weren't, or we wouldn't of had the Libyan Civil war would we? Between you and me, I do think they were better off with Qaddafi

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •