Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 279

Thread: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

  1. #141
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Just because we're choosing not to get involved in another ME mess, doesn't equate us to mass murders.

    I get the compassion argument, I really do. It's just that the compassion argument generally ends up biting us in the ass at the end of the day. Say we attack ISIS, now we're getting involved in a internal power struggle in Iraq, one which the Sunnis were being oppressed by the Shia. And guess what, then you'd have another genocide as the Shia start rolling in on the Sunnis. Want to get involved again when that happens?


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Just because we're choosing not to get involved in another ME mess, doesn't equate us to mass murders.

    I get the compassion argument, I really do. It's just that the compassion argument generally ends up biting us in the ass at the end of the day. Say we attack ISIS, now we're getting involved in a internal power struggle in Iraq, one which the Sunnis were being oppressed by the Shia. And guess what, then you'd have another genocide as the Shia start rolling in on the Sunnis. Want to get involved again when that happens?
    The compassion argument is always the pink lapel ribbon that makes Americans feel warm and fuzzy inside while our drones and tomahawks are killing women and children.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #143
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    it's going to self-partition, and the borders will be set by the players, no need to draw maps this time. I imagine those borders will be "flexible" -in that it's going to take awhile to settle out.

    Baghdad though.....that's a big one
    I think there will be some dispute as you have this or that tribe who owned that hill four hundred years ago and other such things. Eventually it will work itself out.

  4. #144
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So just let the ISIS massacre of the Yazidis continue is what you're stating.

    I'm not a proponent of the US being in the ME until they attack the US again, which IMO they eventually will.

    However, not ending the religious genocide in Iraq by Islamists makes the US as bad as the mass murderers.
    Then we are as bad as mass murderers.

    Genocides in history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    How many of these did the US stop?

  5. #145
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The compassion argument is always the pink lapel ribbon that makes Americans feel warm and fuzzy inside while our drones and tomahawks are killing women and children.
    At least you got the part right about women and children being killed. The rest is

    Non-Muslims are being beheaded because they don't adhere to the "peaceful religion" doctrine and you support the Obama strategy of allowing it to continue.

    Keep feeling all warm and fuzzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #146
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    Indeed Saddam, Gaddaf had terrorists in check. Assad was doing the same.
    Gaddafi and Assad didn't have anything in check, otherwise they would of dealt with these issues long before we got involved. After all, how long did it take for us to launch air strikes into Lybia?

    Saddam is the more interesting question, and one I honestly don't know about. It has nothing to do with the perceived strength of the Iraqi military under Saddam, but more so with the Sunnis. ISIS wouldn't of gotten anywhere without the support (passive or otherwise) of the local Sunnis. And they were pretty well taken care of during Saddam reign. Would the Sunnis of still risen up purely based on religious reason? I don't know, but I doubt it.

  7. #147
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Then we are as bad as mass murderers.

    Genocides in history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    How many of these did the US stop?
    How many here have stated over and over its the US fault terrorists are in Iraq?

    So continue to make it the US fault the terrorists are committing genocide? See the connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #148
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,345

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I posted it at the end of his statement, but you didn't see that because you dismissed it after the first line, because anything critical of the US from a foreign diplomat is a lie.
    I saw vague accusations. What, exactly, does that person's claim prove?

  9. #149
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wrong, this is where western propaganda and your gullibility comes in.
    Care to elaborate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's ridiculous. Unless your suggesting that the US would have facilitated IS under that circumstance as they have under these, in which case I might agree.
    Wait, did you reply to the same post twice? Oh well, in any case...

    In the beginning when we were arming Syrian rebels, it's obvious now that not a lot of care was taken to make sure the right rebels were getting equipment. That being said, we're not now (intentionally) arming ISIS. In case you missed the memo, we did start air strikes on them you know...

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The compassion argument is always the pink lapel ribbon that makes Americans feel warm and fuzzy inside while our drones and tomahawks are killing women and children.
    I'm assuming you have no compassion for the Yazidis being slaughtered by ISIS huh? Always the cynic ey Monte?

  10. #150
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    At least you got the part right about women and children being killed. The rest is

    Non-Muslims are being beheaded because they don't adhere to the "peaceful religion" doctrine and you support the Obama strategy of allowing it to continue.

    Keep feeling all warm and fuzzy.
    Sorry, nice try, but I have ridiculed the Obama policy in Syria that has facilitated IS, so stop lying.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •