Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 279

Thread: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

  1. #131
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So just let the ISIS massacre of the Yazidis continue is what you're stating.

    I'm not a proponent of the US being in the ME until they attack the US again, which IMO they eventually will.

    However, not ending the religious genocide in Iraq by Islamists makes the US as bad as the mass murderers.
    Just because we're choosing not to get involved in another ME mess, doesn't equate us to mass murders.

    I get the compassion argument, I really do. It's just that the compassion argument generally ends up biting us in the ass at the end of the day. Say we attack ISIS, now we're getting involved in a internal power struggle in Iraq, one which the Sunnis were being oppressed by the Shia. And guess what, then you'd have another genocide as the Shia start rolling in on the Sunnis. Want to get involved again when that happens?

  2. #132
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What does the unsubstantiated claim of a former Egyptian interior minister prove?
    About as much as every unsubstantiated claim of yours. Except, he was under oath and you are free to lie.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #133
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    U.S. Aircraft Conducting Strikes Against Militants at Mosul Dam - WSJ

    The American airstrikes are designed to weaken the group calling itself the Islamic State, which is controlling the dam, so that Kurdish fighters can launch a ground offensive to rout the Sunni militants, they said.

    The strikes represent an important broadening of the American military operations in Iraq approved last week by President Barack Obama that indicate how the administration may push the limits of the scope of authorized

  4. #134
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Right, but then it spread across the ME. All the countries that are at issue here, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Egypt (and we're not even talking about the countries in the Arabian Peninsula that had to deal with minor uprisings) all stem back to the Arab Spring. Just saying that this all doesn't boil down the US Policy in this case. Even if we hadn't invaded Iraq, Saddam would of still had to deal with the issue of ISIS just as Assad is now.
    Indeed Saddam, Gaddaf had terrorists in check. Assad was doing the same.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  5. #135
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Right, but then it spread across the ME. All the countries that are at issue here, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Egypt (and we're not even talking about the countries in the Arabian Peninsula that had to deal with minor uprisings) all stem back to the Arab Spring. Just saying that this all doesn't boil down the US Policy in this case. Even if we hadn't invaded Iraq, Saddam would of still had to deal with the issue of ISIS just as Assad is now.
    Wrong, this is where western propaganda and your gullibility comes in.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #136
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    About as much as every unsubstantiated claim of yours. Except, he was under oath and you are free to lie.
    What do you claim his statement proves?

  7. #137
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    He's your president, he hurts himself, he hurts you, he tarnishes US credibility, he tarnishes yours.
    He's my president like Bush was your president.

    However, he certainly has tarnished the USA. No wonder Hillary was recently running away from his foreign policy, which is BTW because as head of state dept. she pushed and supported his policies.

    So much for the hope and change you voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Right, but then it spread across the ME. All the countries that are at issue here, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Egypt (and we're not even talking about the countries in the Arabian Peninsula that had to deal with minor uprisings) all stem back to the Arab Spring. Just saying that this all doesn't boil down the US Policy in this case. Even if we hadn't invaded Iraq, Saddam would of still had to deal with the issue of ISIS just as Assad is now.
    That's ridiculous. Unless your suggesting that the US would have facilitated IS under that circumstance as they have under these, in which case I might agree.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #139
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    He's my president like Bush was your president.

    However, he certainly has tarnished the USA. No wonder Hillary was recently running away from his foreign policy, which is BTW because as head of state dept. she pushed and supported his policies.

    So much for the hope and change you voted for.
    Selective memory. Recall Bush's AR at the end of his presidency and all the GOPer candidates that put half the distance across the world between themselves and him. Stop being so damn partisan if you want to talk to me. Politicians, whether of the smart elephant or the dumb ass parties do this. And gullible patronising Americans eat it up.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #140
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What do you claim his statement proves?
    I posted it at the end of his statement, but you didn't see that because you dismissed it after the first line, because anything critical of the US from a foreign diplomat is a lie.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •