Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 427

Thread: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

  1. #381
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This has nothing to do with Brown attacking the Officer.
    just background material
    if the ferguson police are willing to beat the living daylights out of an innocent black because they are too lazy or too incompetent to very his identity, why should anyone be surprised they are willing to execute an unarmed robbery suspect who was in the act of surrendering?

    and the ridiculous BS of 'destroying public property by bleeding on the officers' uniforms' because they were beating the living daylight out of an innocent black man?
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  2. #382
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    I am still looking for more information to come out. I just have a feeling there is something we still don't know that is significant.
    I think what we don't know at this point is more significant & more vast than what we do know.

  3. #383
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Then the narrative will be " just because he ran at the Cop after hitting him doesn't mean you can shoot him "
    Maybe, maybe not. Did he issue a verbal command while the suspect was running at him? Not that he is absolutely required to. Tennessee v garner is the supreme court case that governs the use of deadly force. If the officers actions were reasonable based on the totality of the circumstances, its a good shoot.

    Totality meaning mumber of officers, number of suspects, size of officer/suspect, other information (robbery), light conditions, actions previous to the shooting, was there an escalation of force, etc etc.

    So far what ive read, there isnt anything definitive that says the officers actions were unreasonable or reasonable.

    In ANY case. There will never be a criminal case against the officer. Civil without a doubt. This isnt g zimmerman. This is a cop who is duty bound to confront criminals.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Did he issue a verbal command while the suspect was running at him? Not that he is absolutely required to. Tennessee v garner is the supreme court case that governs the use of deadly force. If the officers actions were reasonable based on the totality of the circumstances, its a good shoot.

    Totality meaning mumber of officers, number of suspects, size of officer/suspect, other information (robbery), light conditions, actions previous to the shooting, was there an escalation of force, etc etc.

    So far what ive read, there isnt anything definitive that says the officers actions were unreasonable or reasonable.

    In ANY case. There will never be a criminal case against the officer. Civil without a doubt. This isnt g zimmerman. This is a cop who is duty bound to confront criminals.

    Oh I disagree.

    There will be some DA who will bend to political pressure and charge this officer with murder.

    Win or lose he'll be charged.

    When that doesn't work the Feds will file a civil rights case against the officer and they'll win.

  5. #385
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    just background material
    if the ferguson police are willing to beat the living daylights out of an innocent black because they are too lazy or too incompetent to very his identity, why should anyone be surprised they are willing to execute an unarmed robbery suspect who was in the act of surrendering?

    and the ridiculous BS of 'destroying public property by bleeding on the officers' uniforms' because they were beating the living daylight out of an innocent black man?
    Execute? In the act of surrendering?

    Were you there, or have you just decided this?

  6. #386
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh I disagree.

    There will be some DA who will bend to political pressure and charge this officer with murder.

    Win or lose he'll be charged.

    When that doesn't work the Feds will file a civil rights case against the officer and they'll win.
    If the rule of law is applied, then the officer would have quite the lawsuit. But i will maintain that he will not be charged criminally. Nor will doj have a civil rights case. What the family does is on them and the officers liability insurance. People sue leos all the time even after they are guilty of crimes

  7. #387
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    just background material
    if the ferguson police are willing to beat the living daylights out of an innocent black because they are too lazy or too incompetent to very his identity, why should anyone be surprised they are willing to execute an unarmed robbery suspect who was in the act of surrendering?

    and the ridiculous BS of 'destroying public property by bleeding on the officers' uniforms' because they were beating the living daylight out of an innocent black man?
    It still has nothing to do with this incident.
    You trying to relate the two is absurd.
    Especially as this wasn't a "they" doing anything, but a "him". A "him" which the evidence supports.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #388
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    If the rule of law is applied, then the officer would have quite the lawsuit. But i will maintain that he will not be charged criminally. Nor will doj have a civil rights case. What the family does is on them and the officers liability insurance. People sue leos all the time even after they are guilty of crimes
    Yup, the family will sue everyone from the Ferguson PD to the officer's high school gym teacher to the gun manufacturer. The family will get very rich off this, but in the end, I don't think the officer will be charged for either a civil rights crime by Holder or murder/manslaughter/whatever by the state.

  9. #389
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Robbery? What robbery. Brown paid for those cigars.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #390
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There is video and pictures of him assaulting the store clerk.

    What else do you need ?
    The cops have said that the stopping of Brown has nothing to do with the robbery. (Ferguson chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as rob suspect - CNN.com)

    If it did, then why did wasn't the video released sooner? Why haven't they been saying this since day one?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •