Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 427

Thread: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    I could care less what the police 'say'.

    Or what the angry mob 'says'.

    When it is proven in court - one way or another - THEN I will care what is said.


    And I am not buying for one second that this rioting/protests for the VAST majority of these protesters is anything but frustration with their lives finding a venue to express rage.

    They are pissed with their lives (for various reasons - some legitimate, some not-so-much), want attention and - guess what? - it's working...they are getting TONS of attention.


    I have NO idea if the cops are/were wrong or not.

    That is for a court to decide.

    Not the media or the masses or the cops.

  2. #362
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I could care less what the police 'say'.

    Or what the angry mob 'says'.

    When it is proven in court - one way or another - THEN I will care what is said.


    And I am not buying for one second that this rioting/protests for the VAST majority of these protesters is anything but frustration with their lives finding a venue to express rage.

    They are pissed with their lives (for various reasons - some legitimate, some not-so-much), want attention and - guess what? - it's working...they are getting TONS of attention.


    I have NO idea if the cops are/were wrong or not.

    That is for a court to decide.

    Not the media or the masses or the cops.
    Little by little we're seeing these situations get nationalized. The law is becoming less relevant while political optics is becoming the determining factor with regard to the distribution of "justice".

  3. #363
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Little by little we're seeing these situations get nationalized. The law is becoming less relevant while political optics is becoming the determining factor with regard to the distribution of "justice".
    I agree Luther, and things like this don't help in that regard....

    BLACK PANTHERS Lead Massive March in #Ferguson==> ‘Death Chants’ to Officer Darren Wilson (Video) | The Gateway Pundit
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #364
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,884

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Those and the looters just feed the stereotype.

  5. #365
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    It is hard to find accurate information on this case because the media has meddled with it so much.

    For instance, i cant find a direct link to the statement made by the chief involving the incident.

    Some say the cop didnt know brown robbed the store, some say he had no idea a robbery had occurred at all.

    Then others say the cop responded to a tobbery.

    The idea that the cop just happened to address brown for jaywalking seems absurd to me.

    It would seem more logical that the cop responded to a robbery, did not know who the suspect was but had a description, then sees brown who fit the description, and approaches.

    Its once again disappointing for the media to immediately start spinning the story. Stating how he was just a teenager who has never been in trouble and graduated high school.

    It is very similar to the trayvon martin incident.

    Ill tell you this, whether the kid was armed or not, he is enormous. Its all about the reasonableness. If an officer fights someone and believes his life could be in danger, the supreme court has stated that deadly force is permitted. Given browns size. The ifficer's actions seem reasonable if indeed brown was fighting him.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    They could though very easily. Couple of water cannons and some riot shields always do the trick, none of this military hardware nonsense.
    LOL !!
    Are you kidding ?

    They're already too scared to confront these looters because they know their actions will be parsed down into 20 second you tube videos and distributed all over Cable News.

    Water Cannons ?

    Yea, I cant wait to see the side by side shot comparisons to the Selma police knocking down protestors with water Cannons in 1963.

    This whole push against " militarism " of the Police is such BS.

    You do realize it took the California National Guard to shut down the LA Riots in 1992.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Little by little we're seeing these situations get nationalized. The law is becoming less relevant while political optics is becoming the determining factor with regard to the distribution of "justice".
    Exactly, and the rioting continues.

    Because to give the Police the gear and authority needed to protect the Community would look bad, and we can't have that.

    Small shops being looted and burned to the ground ? That's tolerable now.

  8. #368
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,286
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    I have been just watching to see more information. I want to know the truth before I stick my foot in my mouth and make any ASSumptions.

    More information just in recorded inadvertently by two more witnesses right after shooting:
    A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

  9. #369
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!
    Are you kidding ?

    They're already too scared to confront these looters because they know their actions will be parsed down into 20 second you tube videos and distributed all over Cable News.

    Water Cannons ?

    Yea, I cant wait to see the side by side shot comparisons to the Selma police knocking down protestors with water Cannons in 1963.

    This whole push against " militarism " of the Police is such BS.

    You do realize it took the California National Guard to shut down the LA Riots in 1992.
    Bad policing then. Take a look at how European police forces deal with riots, football hooligans etc, it isn't with sniper rifles and tanks.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  10. #370
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I could care less what the police 'say'.

    Or what the angry mob 'says'.

    When it is proven in court - one way or another - THEN I will care what is said.



    And I am not buying for one second that this rioting/protests for the VAST majority of these protesters is anything but frustration with their lives finding a venue to express rage.

    They are pissed with their lives (for various reasons - some legitimate, some not-so-much), want attention and - guess what? - it's working...they are getting TONS of attention.


    I have NO idea if the cops are/were wrong or not.

    That is for a court to decide.

    Not the media or the masses or the cops.

    I personally believe there is nothing wrong with having and opinion on the issue.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •