Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 427

Thread: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

  1. #191
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Damn, I hope my kids are never starving, but if they were, we'd sell my husband's guns to buy them food.

    Now, if we had no guns and someone stole food from my kids, my husband and I would find something else to beat the **** out of whoever was stealing.

    I probably, if alone in that situation, would have to let the thief take the food because I'm not big and strong enough to fight a thug on my own.
    You said you would only shoot someone if he endangered your family's live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #192
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    A wonderful piece of drak reporting doing their best to make incomplete stats show what they want the reader to see.
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-15-14 at 06:30 PM.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What if someone stole food from your starving kids?
    How about if somebody stole a cigar from your starving kids?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #194
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Exactly. I will say this, though: The police department in that town have handled this case in the most inefficient manner I have ever seen. It's like they're following some bizarro world playbook on how NOT to handle a sensitive case.
    Agreed. Police forces aren't infallible, and this one certainly hasn't done a great job. Maybe they're ill equipped for this?

    Reminds me of the Greenwich CT police force (Martha Moxley case) and the Boulder CO police force (JonBenet Ramsey case). Both cases screwed up royally because of incompetent policework.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    A more accurate headline is "Police shoot 17 year old for stealing a cigar"
    That isn't accurate. It is more accurate to say that the adult (18 year old) was shot while attacking an officer, after trying to take his firearm.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #196
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    With all due respect, companions of criminals tend to lie too.

    This is what gets me. For a lot of folks it seems more reasonable to assume that the cop simply freaked out and killed the kid for no reason than that the kid did something to provoke the cop into shooting. Why is that?
    Because a L.E. officer freaking out and shooting someone is more believable.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    A wonder piece of drak reporting doing their best to make incomplete stats show what they want the reader to see.
    Yeah, when confronted by the unpleasant, the best approach is always to attack the reporter. Oh wait, that's what the cops do in Ferguson, isn't it?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #198
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Really and what was the "lawful investigation" about in the Brown case, Lutherf? Was it over a pack of cigarellos, perhaps?


    In Garners case he was stopped because why? Oh he had a record of selling untaxed cigarettes, you say?


    In both cases tobacco was indeed the instigating factor to stop and question Garner and Brown.
    You get it wrong from the first. It was over strong arm robbery, what was stolen is superfluous.

  9. #199
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That isn't accurate. It is more accurate to say that the adult (18 yearold) was shot while attacking an officer, after trying to take his firearm.
    How do you know that the kid was trying to take the officer's firearm unless you were there? WERE YOU THERE?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  10. #200
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Michael Brown was a robbery suspect before he was shot to death, police say

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You said you would only shoot someone if he endangered your family's live?
    Yes I did. And if my kids were starving, I would sell my husband's guns to feed them. So I wouldn't have a gun in this case to shoot anyone.

    Stealing food isn't the same as breaking in my house and trying to kill me or my kids anyway.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •