Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

  1. #11
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You don't understand, it doesn't matter what they sent.

    Either the convoy reaches the separatists and they get armed and reinforced and the fighting continues or this happens... and now Russia has casus belli. Ukraine will be going against the clock to prove, beyond any doubt, not just reasonable doubt, that it was within rights to do this. This is going to be ukraine put not in a court of law by Russia, but in an execution block. One way or another, Russia will be getting something it wants out of this. Whether it's eastern ukraine, all ukraine... whether it's ukraine signing to become part of Russia' trade block... whatever Putin wants, he can go and make demands. You may find them unreasonable, I may find them unreasonable... guess who doesn't care...
    It isn't Casus Belli by any stretch of the imagination. These were Russians invading Ukrainian sovereign territory. The Ukranians were well within their right to blow the crap out of the Russians.

    You can't invade another country and then claim casus belli when they kill you. I mean, that is Hitler-level militarized cynicism. I guess Putin knows his bull**** will be believed by some people...
    Last edited by jmotivator; 08-15-14 at 12:58 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Good question.

    This is from RT;

    Aid convoy to Ukraine faces disruption, may be attacked - Russia

    http://rt.com/news/180664-ukraine-ru...tarian-convoy/
    Yep, I found that too, which essentially says that the Russian aid convoy stopped on their side of the border. Moscow approved a team of 47 Ukrainian and 18 international inspectors to cross into Russia and inspect the cargo before allowing it to enter Ukraine. And that Russia is concerned that the agreed upon route and destination between Kiev and Moscow, may be sabotaged. But I can't see where the alleged attack on a military convoy has been discussed.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-15-14 at 01:00 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You don't understand, it doesn't matter what they sent.

    Either the convoy reaches the separatists and they get armed and reinforced and the fighting continues or this happens... and now Russia has casus belli. Ukraine will be going against the clock to prove, beyond any doubt, not just reasonable doubt, that it was within rights to do this. This is going to be ukraine put not in a court of law by Russia, but in an execution block. One way or another, Russia will be getting something it wants out of this. Whether it's eastern ukraine, all ukraine... whether it's ukraine signing to become part of Russia' trade block... whatever Putin wants, he can go and make demands. You may find them unreasonable, I may find them unreasonable... guess who doesn't care...



    Doesn't matter. Not here, not in this situation. Not to Putin.
    Lets remember that Russia could not beat Georgia. Wonder if Putin is willing to let us find out just how much of a paper tiger Russia is by engaging Ukraine.

  4. #14
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    It was fine with the Aid convoy (if it really was for humanitarian cause).
    As for armed convoy, they can blow them up any time. Everyone would do so if you pass their border.

    However, I guess Russia is starting an attack on Ukraine.
    Ukraine has already started to inspect the Russian aid convoy and guess what?? Many of the trucks are almost empty.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  5. #15
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Quite simply: F*** that noise. Ukraine ordered that convoy not to cross the border and it crossed the border anyway. The Ukraine was entirely within its rights as a sovereign nation to blow that convoy to smithereens.
    Not the same convoy!
    PeteEU

  6. #16
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It isn't Casus Belli by any stretch of the imagination. These were Russians invading Ukrainian sovereign territory. The Ukranians were well within their right to blow the crap out of the Russians.

    You can't invade another country and then claim casus belli when they kill you.
    It's never sovereign territory when you approve of the invasion, when it advances "US interests", and an invasion of sovereign territory when you don't support the action.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It isn't Casus Belli by any stretch of the imagination. These were Russians invading Ukrainian sovereign territory. The Ukranians were well within their right to blow the crap out of the Russians.

    You can't invade another country and then claim casus belli when they kill you. I mean, that is Hitler-level militarized cynicism. I guess Putin knows his bull**** will be believed by some people...
    You can't if you live in the logical world and wanna play by the rules.
    You can if you're Russia and don't care about the real world or what the rest of the world says. Or doesn't say. Or whatever. it's not hitler-cynicism, it's putin-cynicism, which is a lot more cold and rational than hitlers' because he knows who can do smth-> not a lot of people, and who will do something -> nobody.

  8. #18
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's what Kiev is saying! Or is it automatic that the thugs in Kiev are telling the truth and the thugs in Moscow aren't.
    Yeah, Ukrainians engage Russians inside Ukrainian territory.... who to believe... it is a mystery.

    If you are ready to except the facts that both sides agree on, that there was a Russian convoy in Ukrainian territory, then that is all you need to know. The Russian convoy crossed the border against the express orders of the Ukrainian government and was therefor fair game.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 08-15-14 at 01:08 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #19
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You can't if you live in the logical world and wanna play by the rules.
    You can if you're Russia and don't care about the real world or what the rest of the world says. Or doesn't say. Or whatever. it's not hitler-cynicism, it's putin-cynicism, which is a lot more cold and rational than hitlers' because he knows who can do smth-> not a lot of people, and who will do something -> nobody.
    But then the "casus belli" being claimed is utterly pointless. Nobody, including Putin and the Russian people, believe this bull**** so no need for the theatrical production. All this does is make it painfully clear that Putin's true intentions are an invasion of Ukraine.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ukraine Says It Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy From Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Yeah, Ukrainians engage Russians inside Ukrainian territory.... who to believe... it is a mystery.
    Again, your blindly accepting Kiev's report having not heard Russia's. You dislike Russia and Putin and your bias is showing. But I think we should be asking questions at this early stage, not making declarations and conclusions.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •