Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

  1. #11
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Ron Johnson is apparently the head of the State Highway Patrol in the greater St. Louis area. The Major Bret Johnson looks to be head of the entire State Highway Patrol, i.e. Ron Johnson is Bret Johnson's direct report.

    Regardless Capt. Johnson has very quickly deescalated the situation. Going by Twitter this is the first night of peaceful protests & there isn't a single cop decked out in riot gear / armored personnel vehicles in the vicinity.

    Guess all it took was bringing in someone from the area + having him listen to the community ( i.e. "serve the community," as the police should ) for everyone's heads to cool.

    Attachment 67171390
    It was his approach! He went in without the mask, the tank, baton etc. He was approachable and treated everyone respectfully!

  2. #12
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Ron Johnson is apparently the head of the State Highway Patrol in the greater St. Louis area. The Major Bret Johnson looks to be head of the entire State Highway Patrol, i.e. Ron Johnson is Bret Johnson's direct report.

    Regardless Capt. Johnson has very quickly deescalated the situation. Going by Twitter this is the first night of peaceful protests & there isn't a single cop decked out in riot gear / armored personnel vehicles in the vicinity.

    Guess all it took was bringing in someone from the area + having him listen to the community ( i.e. "serve the community," as the police should ) for everyone's heads to cool.

    Attachment 67171390
    Imagine that, we have a guy with some common sense at the helm and things already start calming down. A lot of this issue was caused by incompetence.

  3. #13
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Imagine that, we have a guy with some common sense at the helm and things already start calming down. A lot of this issue was caused by incompetence.
    He reaped what he sowed.

    What a novel approach.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #14
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    He reaped what he sowed.

    What a novel approach.
    This whole situation was just stupid and completely avoidable and could have been avoided in the first place with a tiny bit of empathy.

  5. #15
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    This whole situation was just stupid and completely avoidable and could have been avoided in the first place with a tiny bit of empathy.
    Simple professionalism would have worked.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #16
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Simple professionalism would have worked.
    Does "Get on the ****ing sidewalk" count?

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #17
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Let's not forget that, while are are bad cops, the vast majority of them are like this one..... God bless him.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #18
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: St. Louis County police relieved of duty in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Does "Get on the ****ing sidewalk" count?

    Spoken in a professional tone, yes.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •