Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Well, here we go. Let's see where are this Ukraine and sanctions stuff leads. Just remember folks, this was brought to you by Victoria Nuland.

    ZEW German Investor Confidence Collapse - Business Insider

    Confidence in Germany is crumbling.

    The ZEW investor confidence survey index plunged to 44.3 in August from 61.8 a month ago. This was much worse than the 54.0 expected by economists.

    To make things worse, the expectations index crashed to 8.6 from 27.1. This was the lowest reading since December 2012. Economists were expecting 17.0.

    "In one line: Grim, as slump in investor sentiment deepens," said Pantheon Economics' Claus Vistesen. "Given the recent sharp drawdown in equities, a drop in sentiment was expected, but the decline was larger than anticipated, reinforcing downside risk to the economy."

    Some of this deterioration is likely due to the escalating conflict with Russia, which recently imposed a ban on food imports from the European Union.

    "We expect the escalation of the Russian Ukrainian conflict as well as the persisting political turmoil in the Middle East to have a negative impact on the market environment," said Henkel CEO Kasper Rorsted earlier Tuesday. Based in Dusseldorf, Henkel supplies the world with a variety of consumer goods ranging from laundry detergent to toothpaste.

    The economic data out of Germany has been astonishingly bad this month, highlighted by sharp drops in industrial production and factory orders.

    "All Europe has been affected by these tensions as well as by the stalling of the German economy," said Cumberland Adviors' Bill Witherell on Friday. "The Italian economy, for example, appears to be slipping into recession. The French economy also has failed to establish sustainable growth. While the Spanish economy is seen as having been transformed by its structural reforms, industrial production in Spain fell by -0.8% month-to-month in June, following a -0.6% drop in May."

    "The German ZEW survey suggests the euro-area economy will continue to slow through the first half of next year," said Bloomberg economists David Powell and Niraj Shah. "That will provide ammunition for the proponents of quantitative easing at the European Central Bank."

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,309

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well, here we go. Let's see where are this Ukraine and sanctions stuff leads. Just remember folks, this was brought to you by Victoria Nuland.

    ZEW German Investor Confidence Collapse - Business Insider
    That would not surprise me, if the EU economy slows. German export levels are unsustainable and the the debt crisis is not over. The Euro is slowing adjustments and keeping unemployment high around the continent. The external shock of the sanctions will be difficult to catch even if China rebounds. But it is not Nuland's fault that the EU flubbed the treaty with Ukraine and turned demonstrations into civil unrest or war. She did not make Germany dependent on Russian energy supplies. . It is the EU's new partner that is shelling and bombing its citizens. And do not forget that Germany recently passed a law that allows it to now deploy its military against citizens domestically, which was absolutely illegal until then.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That would not surprise me, if the EU economy slows. German export levels are unsustainable and the the debt crisis is not over. The Euro is slowing adjustments and keeping unemployment high around the continent. The external shock of the sanctions will be difficult to catch even if China rebounds. But it is not Nuland's fault that the EU flubbed the treaty with Ukraine and turned demonstrations into civil unrest or war. She did not make Germany dependent on Russian energy supplies. . It is the EU's new partner that is shelling and bombing its citizens. And do not forget that Germany recently passed a law that allows it to now deploy its military against citizens domestically, which was absolutely illegal until then.

    Germany only has itself to blame.

    They decided to dive head first into a STUPID green energy revolution thats led to the average German paying 300 percent more for their energy than the average American.

    Now their air is dirtier than it was before they shut down their nuke plants because they have to burn TONS of coal to make up for the lags that are inherant to wind and solar power generation.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,309

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Germany only has itself to blame.

    They decided to dive head first into a STUPID green energy revolution thats led to the average German paying 300 percent more for their energy than the average American.

    Now their air is dirtier than it was before they shut down their nuke plants because they have to burn TONS of coal to make up for the lags that are inherant to wind and solar power generation.
    People are funny sometimes.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That would not surprise me, if the EU economy slows. German export levels are unsustainable and the the debt crisis is not over. The Euro is slowing adjustments and keeping unemployment high around the continent. The external shock of the sanctions will be difficult to catch even if China rebounds. But it is not Nuland's fault that the EU flubbed the treaty with Ukraine and turned demonstrations into civil unrest or war. She did not make Germany dependent on Russian energy supplies. . It is the EU's new partner that is shelling and bombing its citizens. And do not forget that Germany recently passed a law that allows it to now deploy its military against citizens domestically, which was absolutely illegal until then.
    Nuland did not make Germany dependent on Russian energy, however she provoked this conflict, knowing full well Germany's dependence of Russian energy, by fomenting protests and against Yanukovich and threatening people like Akhmetov.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,309

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Nuland did not make Germany dependent on Russian energy, however she provoked this conflict, knowing full well Germany's dependence of Russian energy, by fomenting protests and against Yanukovich and threatening people like Akhmetov.
    You are absolutely right about Nuland's not having had anything to do with Germany's having made itself dependent on Russian energy. Where you are not totally right is with the way the Ukraine thing developed. The foment was pushed by EU countries not last from Germany. The politicians and media were quite vocal and that boxer was continuously going and coming to Ukraine and talking with German politicians and being talked up as a heavy weight candidate to take Y's place.

    of course this was long after the EU had kick started the process at the end of which will be a destroyed country.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Germany only has itself to blame.

    They decided to dive head first into a STUPID green energy revolution thats led to the average German paying 300 percent more for their energy than the average American.

    Now their air is dirtier than it was before they shut down their nuke plants because they have to burn TONS of coal to make up for the lags that are inherant to wind and solar power generation.
    Is coal a long-term energy choice for Germany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Is coal a long-term energy choice for Germany?

    Why would they be building expensive coal fired plants if it wasn't ?

    I can tell you whats NOT a long term energy choice for Germany.

    Wind and Solar.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Is coal a long-term energy choice for Germany?
    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    People are funny sometimes.
    I guess some country had to be dumb enough to try and commit to green energy for the rest of the world to realize how bad an idea (at this time) it was.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Outlook For Germany In One Word: 'Grim'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    You are absolutely right about Nuland's not having had anything to do with Germany's having made itself dependent on Russian energy. Where you are not totally right is with the way the Ukraine thing developed. The foment was pushed by EU countries not last from Germany. The politicians and media were quite vocal and that boxer was continuously going and coming to Ukraine and talking with German politicians and being talked up as a heavy weight candidate to take Y's place.

    of course this was long after the EU had kick started the process at the end of which will be a destroyed country.
    I didn't say Nuland was the only one fomenting protest. Obviously that's not true. But she did spearhead the thing, and if it had not been for her threats against Akhmetov, the protests would not have gone anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •