Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 623

Thread: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

  1. #471
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Good. And you can prove that it's not true.... so please, prove away. Show how it's all untrue.
    Are you second person in this thread to ask for assistive to prove a negative? Again: I can't prove you aren't visited by Martians, I can't prove you aren't haunted by Ted Kennedy, I can't prove Jupiter didn't smash into the earth, and I can't prove the NSA doesn't spy on you.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #472
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I clearly said what I said... here - let me copy & paste it for you so you can read it again.



    That's what I said.
    Has a lawsuit ever been found to be wrong? Yes or no.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #473
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Are you second person in this thread to ask for assistive to prove a negative? Again: I can't prove you aren't visited by Martians, I can't prove you aren't haunted by Ted Kennedy, I can't prove Jupiter didn't smash into the earth, and I can't prove the NSA doesn't spy on you.
    Hardly - I've posted a link showing the NSA spied on Americans without FISA. You say this is untrue. It is therefore incumbent upon you to prove my information and facts are incorrect. You are not proving a negative, you are proving your view positive.

    So please... put up or shut up.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #474
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Has a lawsuit ever been found to be wrong? Yes or no.
    The current ACLU lawsuit has not been found wrong... No.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #475
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Please post proof then.... forgive me if I don't take you're word for it.
    There's a heavy load of silly propaganda in this link, but the essential facts show through nonetheless.

    NSA warrantless surveillance (200107) - Wikipedia, the ...

    en.wikipedia.org/.../NSA_warrantless_surveillance_(200107)Wikipedia


    The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy ("warrantless wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of ...‎Overview - ‎Developments - ‎Background - ‎Technical and operational details

    The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy ("warrantless wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of allegedly foreign intelligence by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the touted war on terror. Under this program, referred to by the Bush administration as the terrorist surveillance program,[1] part of the broader President's Surveillance Program, the NSA was authorized by executive order to monitor, without search warrants, the phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S. However, it has been discovered that all U.S. communications have been digitally cloned by government agencies, in apparent violation of unreasonable search and seizure. The excuse given to avoid litigation[citation needed] was that no data hoarded would be reviewed until searching it would be legal. But no excuse has been offered the initial seizure of the data which is also illegal[citation needed], according to the U. S. Constitution[citation needed].
    Critics, however, claimed that the program was in an effort to attempt to silence critics of the Bush Administration and its handling of several controversial issues during its tenure. Under public pressure, the Bush administration allegedly ceased the warrantless wiretapping program in January 2007 and returned review of surveillance to the FISA court.[2] Subsequently, in 2008 Congress passed the FISA Amendments Act of 2008, which relaxed some of the original FISA court requirements.
    During the Obama Administration, the NSA has allegedly continued operating under the new FISA guidelines.[3] However, in April 2009 officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the FISA court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified.[4]

    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #476
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There's a heavy load of silly propaganda in this link, but the essential facts show through nonetheless.

    NSA warrantless surveillance (2001–07) - Wikipedia, the ...

    en.wikipedia.org/.../NSA_warrantless_surveillance_(2001–07)Wikipedia


    The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy ("warrantless wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of ...‎Overview - ‎Developments - ‎Background - ‎Technical and operational details

    The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy ("warrantless wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of allegedly foreign intelligence by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the touted war on terror. Under this program, referred to by the Bush administration as the terrorist surveillance program,[1] part of the broader President's Surveillance Program, the NSA was authorized by executive order to monitor, without search warrants, the phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S. However, it has been discovered that all U.S. communications have been digitally cloned by government agencies, in apparent violation of unreasonable search and seizure. The excuse given to avoid litigation[citation needed] was that no data hoarded would be reviewed until searching it would be legal. But no excuse has been offered the initial seizure of the data which is also illegal[citation needed], according to the U. S. Constitution[citation needed].
    Critics, however, claimed that the program was in an effort to attempt to silence critics of the Bush Administration and its handling of several controversial issues during its tenure. Under public pressure, the Bush administration allegedly ceased the warrantless wiretapping program in January 2007 and returned review of surveillance to the FISA court.[2] Subsequently, in 2008 Congress passed the FISA Amendments Act of 2008, which relaxed some of the original FISA court requirements.
    During the Obama Administration, the NSA has allegedly continued operating under the new FISA guidelines.[3] However, in April 2009 officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the FISA court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified.[4]

    I'm sorry - but wiki articles as evidence? No... anything else?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #477
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #478
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm sorry - but wiki articles as evidence? No... anything else?
    Please note the links to statutes and policy documents. Wiki is as good as you're going to get in this forum. You seemed to think Wikileaks was credible in an earlier post.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #479
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Hardly - I've posted a link showing the NSA spied on Americans without FISA. You say this is untrue. It is therefore incumbent upon you to prove my information and facts are incorrect. You are not proving a negative, you are proving your view positive.

    So please... put up or shut up.
    No, you showed a link that exhibited that NSA stored metadata. That's not spying. Ignorance is bliss, I see.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #480
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The current ACLU lawsuit has not been found wrong... No.
    Nor has it been found right, so why did you bring it up?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •