Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 623

Thread: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

  1. #461
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Why? Is that a requirement?
    Doesn't everyone have an uncle or family member who is a spy with the CIA, NSA or the like on the interwebz?
    Just curious if there was any foundation to his speculation or if it was baseless and/or founded in movies and tv shows.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #462
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, the ACLU thinks something. That doesn't make it true.
    Lawsuits don't last long without evidence - it's one of the requirements for a lawsuit. Can you please post proof that the ACLU's lawsuit is frivolous then - thanks.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #463
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Just curious if there was any foundation to his speculation or if it was baseless and/or founded in movies and tv shows.
    Irrelevant. There are facts the NSA have indeed spied on American's without FISA approval. You are denying those facts correct?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #464
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,870
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Irrelevant. There are facts the NSA have indeed spied on American's without FISA approval. You are denying those facts correct?
    100% pursuant to lawful orders and policy guidance.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #465
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,552

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    ...do you know anyone who works or has worked at NSA? Any intelligence agency? Military intelligence?
    my brother. also had a good friend from high school who i think worked at the NSA but i don't really keep in touch with him much anymore. i'm from the DC area originally so i know a lot of federal types.

  6. #466
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Irrelevant. There are facts the NSA have indeed spied on American's without FISA approval. You are denying those facts correct?
    Yeah, that's not true, sorry.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #467
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Lawsuits don't last long without evidence - it's one of the requirements for a lawsuit. Can you please post proof that the ACLU's lawsuit is frivolous then - thanks.
    So you're saying issues don't become lawsuits unless they're true? No lawsuit has ever been false?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #468
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yeah, that's not true, sorry.
    Good. And you can prove that it's not true.... so please, prove away. Show how it's all untrue.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #469
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    So you're saying issues don't become lawsuits unless they're true? No lawsuit has ever been false?
    I clearly said what I said... here - let me copy & paste it for you so you can read it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    Lawsuits don't last long without evidence - it's one of the requirements for a lawsuit. Can you please post proof that the ACLU's lawsuit is frivolous then - thanks.
    That's what I said.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #470
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    100% pursuant to lawful orders and policy guidance.
    Please post proof then.... forgive me if I don't take you're word for it.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •