Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 623

Thread: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

  1. #431
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Snowden has not endangered any soldiers.


    It's amazing how they recite the party line verbatim.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #432
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    This is a real thread, Henry, not a conspiracy thread. We really don't need that "CIA created al Qaeda" nonsense here.
    Yes OWO, I am well aware of your allergy to true statements.

  3. #433
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,552

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yeah, they probably just found 40,000 Americans that hate America and other Americans to work there.

    That or maybe their detractors don't know as much about a secret spy agency as they think they do.

    I wonder which is more likely?
    of the two options you've presented, the 2nd is more likely, but you've presented a false dichotomy. it doesn't mean that someone hates america and other americans just because they're okay with the government spying on every single citizen. many people believe that it is justified, and that if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. i don't agree with that opinion but i wouldn't say that that opinion means someone is evil or hates america. thats where your argument failed.

  4. #434
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by bg85 View Post
    of the two options you've presented, the 2nd is more likely, but you've presented a false dichotomy. it doesn't mean that someone hates america and other americans just because they're okay with the government spying on every single citizen. many people believe that it is justified, and that if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. i don't agree with that opinion but i wouldn't say that that opinion means someone is evil or hates america. thats where your argument failed.
    I offered an extreme in response to the one you offered. Considering how many people work at NSA, isn't amazing how many people haven't come forward? Maybe it's because they- they who are more informed about the scope and limitations of these operations, they who are intimately familiar with the oversight of them- generally agree with what NSA does.

    That idea seems totally anathema to the Ruby Ridge type crowd who seem to insist, bereft of all evidence, that they're being spied on. They just refuse to believe that most likely possibility.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #435
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,552

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I offered an extreme in response to the one you offered. Considering how many people work at NSA, isn't amazing how many people haven't come forward? Maybe it's because they- they who are more informed about the scope and limitations of these operations, they who are intimately familiar with the oversight of them- generally agree with what NSA does.
    and what i'm saying is that people may not have come forward because yeah they generally agree with what the NSA does. that says nothing about whether the NSA is spying on everyone.

    your argument: the NSA isn't spying on everyone. we know this because there are 40,000 people who work there who haven't come forward saying they're spying on everyone, and since those 40,000 people aren't evil, they must not be spying on everyone.

    the problem with that argument is that it assumes only evil people would want to spy on everyone, and anyone who isn't evil who witnessed such activities would report them to the public. that's simply not true. there are plenty of people who are not evil who think that spying on everyone is perfectly justified, and who wouldn't report it to the public.

    does that clarify my point a bit more?

  6. #436
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Do any of those countries have the means of physically preventing the US from taking him or assassinating him?

    If those secrets contain the fact the government is spying on Americans and how they are spying on Americans I have no problem with him taking military secrets.Everyone in the military and elected official took an oath to defend the Constitution, you do not do that by wiping your ass with the constitution.
    And if you think that the only 'secrets' contained in the NSA files dealt with 'spying' on americans, then you are a fool. He took everything.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/politi...sia/index.html

    He could have gone to a lot of countries besides Russia and been perfectly safe. But he chose Russia, because he knew he'd receive a hero's welcome. He's a traitor and I hope he rots in hell.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 11-14-14 at 06:28 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #437
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    To hell with the ****hole of a country you want to turn this great nation into.



    u mad, bro?




    idiotic statement is idiotic.


    your government is ****ing your without any lube, and all you can say is "I love my government!".





    I'm not calling you anything. *shrug*
    You've made your point perfectly clear. You hate your country and you don't give a damn what military secrets were provided to Putin and his cronies. Good for you.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #438
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Snowden has not endangered any soldiers.
    You have no firickin' way of knowing that. You've convinced your government-hating little mind that the NSA files only contained the crap you want to believe it contained. It was the National Security Agency, for Christ's sake! It contained government secrets dealing with the security of the United States - the country you profess to love. But go ahead and continue the worshipping of the weak-assed traitor.

    Screw it. I'm done arguing this with you and your country-hating, Snowden-loving crowd. Enjoy each other.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #439
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Rather that than hate my country and the soldiers that risk their lives protecting it.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #440
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Snowden embraces American flag in WIRED photo shoot[W:511]

    Quote Originally Posted by bg85 View Post
    and what i'm saying is that people may not have come forward because yeah they generally agree with what the NSA does. that says nothing about whether the NSA is spying on everyone.
    Wouldn't that be odd? NSA just happened to find the people that have no problem with it?

    your argument: the NSA isn't spying on everyone. we know this because there are 40,000 people who work there who haven't come forward saying they're spying on everyone, and since those 40,000 people aren't evil, they must not be spying on everyone.
    No, that's not my argument. My argument is there's no evidence for it, and I generally don't believe things with no evidence. I don't believe Leonardo DiCaprio is FDR's grandson, I don't believe that aircraft carriers can fly, etc. Because I've seen no evidence of it. That 40,000 mysteriously don't have a problem with what NSA does only acts as corroborating evidence to my position.

    the problem with that argument is that it assumes only evil people would want to spy on everyone, and anyone who isn't evil who witnessed such activities would report them to the public. that's simply not true. there are plenty of people who are not evil who think that spying on everyone is perfectly justified, and who wouldn't report it to the public.
    And yet, there's no evidence of spying, so it really doesn't matter.

    does that clarify my point a bit more?
    Sure, but without evidence we're still left with nothing.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •