Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 393

Thread: [RIP]Robin Williams Dead at 63 [W:194:238]

  1. #351
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Some interesting points I have read in the last 24 hours about how we are mourning the loss. Someone in the Mental Health field pointed this out (paraphrase):

    "When ever you hear a person refer to a suicide as the person is 'now at peace' or that they are now 'free' just stop for a minute and contemplate how this sounds to a person who is currently contemplating suicide."I have to admit it gave me pause, and I have probably used both of those phrases in the last 48 hours.
    Excellent point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,569

    Re: [RIP]Robin Williams Dead at 63 [W:194:238]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    So sorry to hear this, Scrab. <hug>
    Thanks, Superfly.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
    Wasn't say a thing, but...



    Russell Brand: Robin Williams
    Everyone loved Robin Williams except Robin Williams. That's the tragedy of depression.

  4. #354
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.



    Just thought I'd pass this along in case it hasnt already been posted.

  5. #355
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Some interesting points I have read in the last 24 hours about how we are mourning the loss. Someone in the Mental Health field pointed this out (paraphrase):

    "When ever you hear a person refer to a suicide as the person is 'now at peace' or that they are now 'free' just stop for a minute and contemplate how this sounds to a person who is currently contemplating suicide."

    I have to admit it gave me pause, and I have probably used both of those phrases in the last 48 hours.
    Right up there with : they're in a better place. I really hate this one. Used to justify all sorts of stuff
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  6. #356
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Everyone loved Robin Williams except Robin Williams. That's the tragedy of depression.
    That is the hard truth of the matter.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #357
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Someone dedicated this song to Robin Williams on our local FM station today....

    Not sure how relevant it is, I'm just glad they did. Great song and I had forgotten about it.

    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #358
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    I was listening to talk radio today where they broached the topic I've never heard of before on this. Heart surgery patients have an astronomically large percent suicide rate being that depression is a side effect of cardiac surgery.

    http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/564994
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #359
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I was listening to talk radio today where they broached the topic I've never heard of before on this. Heart surgery patients have an astronomically large percent suicide rate being that depression is a side effect of cardiac surgery.

    http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/564994
    Anything major like that will affect you in weird ways. My husband had a stroke in January, and it has affected his demeanor. He's always been just funny, and laid-back. Now he loses his temper at the drop of a hat. The neurologist said that is normal, and should go away eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  10. #360
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Robin Williams committed suicude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Anything major like that will affect you in weird ways. My husband had a stroke in January, and it has affected his demeanor. He's always been just funny, and laid-back. Now he loses his temper at the drop of a hat. The neurologist said that is normal, and should go away eventually.
    *hugs* I didn't know that Superflygirl. I hope it goes away soon.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •