Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #791
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I don't know. What was the % in 1968? A riot is a riot. It starts with civil unrest and degenerates from there. My point stands, there is an underlying racial tension in this country that seems to be getting markably worse. The unintended consequences of an Obama impeachment will be to ignite these tensions; which will lead to all of our major cities being "ignited".
    We are not talking about 1968, we are talking about today.

    My question is relevant because posters onthis board are convinced this riot has something to do with the kid that got shot and not people that want free stuff.

    What would you say, maybe 5% even know what they are rioting about?

  2. #792
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ridiculous details? Like...

    1. The police didn't talk to witnesses
    2. The name of the officer in question wasn't released
    3. They only looked into the matter when a big fuss was made

    Right. Ridiculous details. All of which would have been standard procedure if someone had killed a cop.
    The FBI interviewed the witnesses.

    The cop's name is being witheld for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #793
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    The police aren't giving any information besides "swollen face". They won't say how many times he was shot. How does that protect the officer and his family?
    That was an answer to Hautey as to why they aren't giving out the name of the officer. I know, it's getting difficult to keep up with the thread. Type a response and there's already two new thread pages waiting.

  4. #794
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]


    "Quiet and shy. And talked to him about Jesus."

    Isn't that special?

    That's rich.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #795
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The FBI interviewed the witnesses.

    The cop's name is being witheld for obvious reasons.
    Some folks are having a difficult time figuring out the obvious reasons.

  6. #796
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The FBI interviewed the witnesses.
    On a possible civil rights violation/police misconduct case. Not the killing of Michael Brown itself. Are you being disingenuous?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #797
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I don't need to I've already said something like it before you decided to reword and reframe what I said.

    Edit: Okay, I'll give you that, today they are reporting that two other witnesses have come forward, both well away from the scene.
    - I've never really tasted crow. How does it taste?

    However, that does not make your lame reading of the decision you posted any more accurate.
    Do you or do you not have a right to defend yourself from a police officer? Is jaywalking something which causes a threat to the community to the point where an arrest and/or humiliation of being put in a police car was necessary? No.

    Can't honestly say I'm good at judging faces from photos no matter what color the subject is
    Yep, you can't tell black people apart. Even if they are completely different shades.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #798
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It's because in our society, we have been made to feel guilty if someone is lacking in anything, no matter the reason for that being the case, and there has been a push for the past few decades to "equalize" the socioeconomic status of the masses, and make people who succeed feel guilty for doing so. That is how they justify it. It isn't "fair" that some people have more than others, so in their minds, looting is just people who have been unfairly treated, getting what is rightfully theirs. It's disgusting.
    That reminds me of a book I read about a Mexican cartel. A few members went to rob a house of a very well known business owner. We all know his eye glasses stores. One guy asked the other guy why they were robbing his house. The other guy answered that because the property was inside Mexico, that made the property theirs as well. Any property this rich guy has, belongs to everybody so they are just liberating it.

    It's scary not knowing who is outside your door ready to take what you have because they think like this.

  9. #799
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    - I've never really tasted crow. How does it taste?
    Awful, but you're lying if you deny being used to it by now. You've gotten it wrong enough in this thread to have had your fill by now. At least ONE of us admits they were in error when it's shown to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Do you or do you not have a right to defend yourself from a police officer? Is jaywalking something which causes a threat to the community to the point where an arrest and/or humiliation of being put in a police car was necessary? No.
    The answer to your first question, which has been answered before, is yes, UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THAT AREN'T TRUE HERE (from what we know and the witness reports). As for the rest, reduction of the facts and events that have been reported isn't making your case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    :Yep, you can't tell black people apart. Even if they are completely different shades.
    Try reading for comprehension and quit lying.
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-14-14 at 10:56 PM.

  10. #800
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That reminds me of a book I read about a Mexican cartel. A few members went to rob a house of a very well known business owner. We all know his eye glasses stores. One guy asked the other guy why they were robbing his house. The other guy answered that because the property was inside Mexico, that made the property theirs as well. Any property this rich guy has, belongs to everybody so they are just liberating it.

    It's scary not knowing who is outside your door ready to take what you have because they think like this.
    Yeah, I had a little taste of it myself, just a few days ago, when someone decided that my work equipment was theirs as well as mine, when they took it from my car during the night. They are just fortunate that I didn't know they were here. I have no tolerance for thieves, because they are self-deceptive liars too.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •