Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #761
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So... a swollen face is enough to shoot someone? I'll remember that from now on. I mean, if a suspect defended himself from a violent police officer and the officer decided to shoot him, it'd be justifiable... YES?
    What if the suspect punched the cop then tired to wrestle his gun away from him?? Are there alot of "bad cops" out there, sure is. But this whole push to convict people before we really know what happened is asinine at best. We need to let the evidence come out, instead of this trail by public opinion that seems to be the norm these days. And of course when you add the regular cast of racebaiters to the mix you get riots, arson, and innocent people being killed.

  2. #762
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ridiculous details? Like...

    1. The police didn't talk to witnesses
    2. The name of the officer in question wasn't released
    3. They only looked into the matter when a big fuss was made

    Right. Ridiculous details. All of which would have been standard procedure if someone had killed a cop.
    #1, we don't know that. That's what is being reported in the press who doesn't have any more access to the details of the investigation that any of us.
    #2, anyone with half a brain knows why that is, in fact, doesn't even take that, all you need is the candle power to read and understand simple sentences.
    #3, absolutely incorrect.

    I didn't call the details ridiculous, I called your moronic hate-filled statement ridiculous.

  3. #763
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,700

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And the reason is still unknown so there is no justification for shooting.



    And the witnesses are saying the cop attacked Michael Brown. If as a result the cop was hit back, and he shot to defend himself - it's not justified. You don't get to attack someone, the kill them if you're losing the fight.
    You're really not interested in an investigation, are you? You've already got your mind made up and you aren't interested in hearing any other version of the story. that's fine but it makes it kind of hard to discuss this in a rational manner with you.

  4. #764
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Based upon your bad reading of the decision and does not substantiate your claim that resisting arrest or detention equates to self defense.
    Lmao:

    Sigh:

    “When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.
    “These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.
    You're arguing for the sake of arguing now. Not only do you admit that you can't tell the difference between two people who aren't the same color, you go against matters settled in court. You have a right to defend yourself even from police officers if they're violently assaulting you. Or are you going to argue that you don't?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #765
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And the reason is still unknown so there is no justification for shooting.



    And the witnesses are saying the cop attacked Michael Brown. If as a result the cop was hit back, and he shot to defend himself - it's not justified. You don't get to attack someone, the kill them if you're losing the fight.
    You're obviously been running your argument on your hatred of the police alone. Thus far there has been reported only ONE witness, the other teen.

  6. #766
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Stop there. The rest is irrelevant. All black people look alike.
    All you're doing is racebaiting, the same as Jesse and Rev Al. So played out and tired.

  7. #767
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    #1, we don't know that. That's what is being reported in the press who doesn't have any more access to the details of the investigation that any of us.
    Sigh.

    Police Haven't Spoken to the Witness Who Saw the Entire Ferguson Shooting Unfold - The Wire

    Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney, told msnbc that the police have yet to interview Johnson. Bosley said that he offered the police an opportunity to speak with Johnson, but they declined.

    “They didn’t even want to talk to him,” said Bosley, a former mayor of St. Louis. “They don’t want the facts. What they want is to justify what happened … what they are trying to do now is justify what happened instead of trying to point out the wrong. Something is wrong here and that’s what it is.”
    Stop it. This is getting embarrassing.

    #2, anyone with half a brain knows why that is, in fact, doesn't even take that, all you need is the candle power to read and understand simple sentences.
    Well, I don't have half a brain. I have an whole brain and it's telling me that the reason the names weren't released was because cops are held to a different standard than the rest of us.

    #3, absolutely incorrect.
    Well, I for one am convinced. Except...

    Police Haven't Spoken to the Witness Who Saw the Entire Ferguson Shooting Unfold - The Wire
    Mike Brown Shooting: FBI To Investigate Death Of Missouri Teen While Riots Continue For A Second Night
    FBI looking into possible civil rights violations in Michael Brown shooting - CBS News

    It took the FBI getting involved for the police in Missouri to even be concerned.

    I didn't call the details ridiculous, I called your moronic hate-filled statement ridiculous.
    Getting touchy? You're being proven wrong on every single statement you make and still have the nerve to get lippy.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #768
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're obviously been running your argument on your hatred of the police alone. Thus far there has been reported only ONE witness, the other teen.
    Witnesses to Michael Brown’s shooting detail his last minutes | fox4kc.com

    While Michael Brown appeared to tussle with an officer before he was shot dead, he didn’t enter the police cruiser as authorities claim he did, two witnesses told CNN.

    The women’s accounts corroborate that of a previous witness, all three of whom said the officer fatally shot the unarmed teen.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #769
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    All you're doing is racebaiting, the same as Jesse and Rev Al. So played out and tired.
    Hey, he's the one that made the argument. He can't tell one black person from another even if they are... oh you know.. different people. Now back in your hole until you decide to debate me on Nazis.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #770
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    What if
    I don't care about what ifs. The point of my post was to show that a swollen face proves absolute nothing other than he was hit. That it went over your head is not surprising.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •