Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #731
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Depending on your view, the supposed victim, or the supposed criminal/thug.


    Sharptongue’s Ferguson Follies, Day 5 | The Last Refuge
    All black people look alike. I understand. But that's not him.





    May I point out to the fact that the two people are not even the same color? Wait... conservative... tree house? Lol. Nvm. You're just trolling.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #732
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You, and others say there's no justification, but steadily make excuses for it.
    Bull****, quote me excusing this ****, every post of mine condemns this as criminal and having the opposite effect that they need. I just want police excess to be addressed and for these people to stop destroying property and demand it in a civil but forceful manner.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #733
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,676

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Of course it doesn't, nobody thinks that. Unfortunately every time we have a situation of police excess, people ruin a perfect opportunity to hold protestations demanding justice in a manner that would demand respect and an appropriate response, by doing stupid stuff such as we're seeing now, diminishing legitimacy.
    That's part of the problem. We really don't know if the shooting was excessive or not. There are reports that the cop was treated for a swollen face. If that was caused by the kid punching him then it may not have been excessive to shoot him.

    We're seeing the same stuff now that we saw in the Trayvon Martin deal but it's being taken to a new and more violent level.

    The cop isn't going anywhere and there will be an investigation. If people just waited for that to happen we wouldn't have these issues but, unfortunately, the decision was made to jump to a conclusion and exact "justice" based on that conclusion.

    It's pretty damned revealing that the same people who want the benefit of the doubt when it comes to them being accused of a crime are unwilling to tender that same benefit to the cop.

  4. #734
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    That's part of the problem. We really don't know if the shooting was excessive or not. There are reports that the cop was treated for a swollen face. If that was caused by the kid punching him then it may not have been excessive to shoot him.

    We're seeing the same stuff now that we saw in the Trayvon Martin deal but it's being taken to a new and more violent level.

    The cop isn't going anywhere and there will be an investigation. If people just waited for that to happen we wouldn't have these issues but, unfortunately, the decision was made to jump to a conclusion and exact "justice" based on that conclusion.

    It's pretty damned revealing that the same people who want the benefit of the doubt when it comes to them being accused of a crime are unwilling to tender that same benefit to the cop.
    Except that destroying property of people uninvolved and stealing doesn't exact any justice, and actually injures their cause.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #735
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    That's part of the problem. We really don't know if the shooting was excessive or not. There are reports that the cop was treated for a swollen face. If that was caused by the kid punching him then it may not have been excessive to shoot him.
    So... a swollen face is enough to shoot someone? I'll remember that from now on. I mean, if a suspect defended himself from a violent police officer and the officer decided to shoot him, it'd be justifiable... YES?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #736
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Bull****, quote me excusing this ****, every post of mine condemns this as criminal and having the opposite effect that they need. I just want police excess to be addressed and for these people to stop destroying property and demand it in a civil but forceful manner.
    Sure thing my friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Residual effects of our past humanitarian abuse thru slavery and ill treatment at least until civil rights act, NOT making excuses, but there are reasons why were seeing things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #737
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So... a swollen face is enough to shoot someone? I'll remember that from now on. I mean, if a suspect defended himself from a violent police officer and the officer decided to shoot him, it'd be justifiable... YES?
    If true, it proves Brown assaulted the officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sure thing my friend...
    Right! See the word NOT in all caps preceding the words making excuses???? Now quote me making excuses for the criminal behaviour in Fergeson.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #739
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If true, it proves Brown assaulted the officer.
    Shoot his ass five times then.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #740
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sure thing my friend...
    Residual effects of our past humanitarian abuse thru slavery and ill treatment at least until civil rights act, NOT making excuses, but there are reasons why were seeing things like this.
    Giving a reason for why it happens doesn't excuse it. For example, John was texting while driving. It is the reason why John was in an accident. He's establishing precedent and demonstrating a reason for an event if he doesn't excuse the reason. Learn to analyze what it is you're reading. It'll save you some embarrassment.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •