Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #581
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Imagine if this were a left-wing city police force and a right-wing TEA-partier killed.
    2nd amendment gang-bangers would want the same military equipment that Ferguson police thugs have.
    You 2A people say this EVERY time .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #582
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    All I've seen from you and your right-wing buddies on this thread is hate.
    It becomes you as usual .
    All you see is hate because all you do is hate.

  3. #583
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Those that are listening are saying that violence and destruction of other innocent citizens property and lives is detrimental to their plight. I'm not sure where the desperation comes from it's been 4 days - the legal system may take up to a year or longer to wade through this. Continued violence is counterproductive.
    Yes, it is.

    but, it's a great opportunity to get that new flat screen without having to give up any drug money.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #584
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Imagine if this were a left-wing city police force and a right-wing TEA-partier killed.
    2nd amendment gang-bangers would want the same military equipment that Ferguson police thugs have.
    You 2A people say this EVERY time .

    Yeah, because we saw widespread riots when Randy Weaver's wife and son were shot. Oh wait, we didn't? Then you must be proven wrong by reality.

  5. #585
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    So one day, as you're standing on the corner, a guy comes up and kicks you in the nuts.

    The next day you're standing on the corner and a guy walks up and kicks you in the nuts.

    The third day you're standing on the corner and, sure as hell, a guy comes up and kicks you in the nuts.

    On the fourth day are you still going to stand there while a guy walks up to you?
    if i am shackled to the ground with five other people and the man kicks me in the nuts every day, that would be a more accurate scenario.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #586
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats all well and good but it doesnt really answer the question. If you are citing a statistic the number of stops and searches, then you have to identify WHY the searches are being conducted and you have to look at ALL of the statistics. Unless you are just trying to score a cheap and insignificant point. Jobs may be a great answer to solving the problems of poverty, but thats not really the purview of law enforcement. Their job is designed more to serve and protect against violent crimes. So...who is more likely to commit violent crimes in Fergusen? It 'matters'. If your point is that blacks are searched in vehicle stops at a 2-1 rate, then you also have to ask at what percentage are blacks more likely to commit crimes and why are they being stopped and searched.

    It MAY very well be just because the cops are all racist. Or, there MAY be a reason.
    I never said nor implied racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #587
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    I entered the thread due to the unmitigated hate and racism coming from you and your usual band of haters and racists .
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    All you see is hate because all you do is hate.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #588
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPepper View Post
    The black officers left for safer pastures. It seems like such a safe place to be.
    Police shoot man pointing gun at officers in Ferguson; woman shot in drive-by | FOX2now.com
    Wow. I've never heard of crime before until you pointed out this one incidence in Ferguson. Must be a total madhouse down there. I mean one guy pointed a gun at officers. Must be indicative of how the entire community is right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #589
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I entered the thread due to the unmitigated hate and racism coming from you and your usual band of haters and racists .
    Ahh, so you could see nothing but hate and felt duty bound to do your best to add to it. Right.

  10. #590
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    You're one of the few righties in this thread I have any respect for Ockham, whether it's reciprocated or not.
    This is because you take heat from both sides in trying to find a solution.
    I credit this to your being military and hope you continue, slam me or whatever .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Those that are listening are saying that violence and destruction of other innocent citizens property and lives is detrimental to their plight. I'm not sure where the desperation comes from it's been 4 days - the legal system may take up to a year or longer to wade through this. Continued violence is counterproductive.
    Physics is Phun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •