Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #381
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    My contention is we need more cops on their feet and less in the vehicles just driving by. Be prepared for sure, but until then, be approachable... then the folks will voluntarily tell you where the problems are.
    These would be the folks whose culture celebrates your murderer?

    Color me skeptical.

    Arpiao is such a dumbass showman/politician. He keeps getting elected by scaring all the old people down there. I lived there for 12 years and I had to move because the street behind my house was EXTREMELY 3rd world. Automatic gunfire every night. Ghetto Buzzards (police helicoptors) flying overhead every night. Finally had to move when a guy was murdered about 50 yards from my front door. He plays like he's tough on illegals. That's his schtick. He orchestrates all these raids on this and that area and arrests in giant groups. Makes him look good. Meanwhile, legal citizens are rounded up because of the way they look and they lose that whole day of work and have to explain to their bosses what happened and pray they don't get fired.

    Then the illegals there were so terrified of being caught and deported that they created a sub-society and would absolutely NEVER cooperate with cops. Crime exploded... because the criminals know these folks won't work with the cops. You can say "so what? they are illegals so let crime happen to them" but that crime spills over big time.
    You are absolutely right that crime spills over - because that is what happens when you allow the soft crime of illegal immigration in. Worse crime slinks in with it.

    Don't complain out of one side that cops aren't pariticipating with their populace enough and then out of the other that cops are participating too much.

  2. #382
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Not just all of a sudden. It has to be worked in. You don't just start walking in hot zones. Work the edges. Talk to the folks. Hell knock on doors and introduce yourself. Make the hot zone implode on itself.
    I would like to say that, since what you are decrying is the militarization of police, but what you are describing is COIN, that I find this conversation fairly entertaining

  3. #383
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    These would be the folks whose culture celebrates your murderer?

    Color me skeptical.
    Celebrate murder? You are clearly too fearful and too skeptical.


    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    You are absolutely right that crime spills over - because that is what happens when you allow the soft crime of illegal immigration in. Worse crime slinks in with it.

    Don't complain out of one side that cops aren't pariticipating with their populace enough and then out of the other that cops are participating too much.
    Wouldn't be an issue if you could talk to these people. They'd turn over the criminals in their neighborhoods too. But if you can't talk to them because you call them criminals and therefore you don't want to talk to them so... no deal. Cops do this all the time. They find a pot smoker and don't arrest them and work with them to roll on their dealer. But all you tough on illegals guys can't wrap your brains around how crossing a border is not as bad as killing someone so have the mentality of "screw all of them" equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #384
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post

    The Missouri attorney general's office issues annual reports that show the Ferguson police force is almost twice as likely to conduct searches of African Americans during traffic stops. But searches of whites are more likely to result in the discovery of drugs and other contraband.

    link...[/INDENT]
    There is perhaps validity to that statistic. however, one cant pick and choose if you are truly seeking validity. So...historically, in addition to the "twice as likely" statistic on searches, what are the statistics on how much more likely blacks are in that county to commit violent crimes? Be involved with drug possession, distribution, or use? Commit criminal vice acts? What are the employment rates? Graduation rates? Literacy rates?

  5. #385
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There is perhaps validity to that statistic. however, one cant pick and choose if you are truly seeking validity. So...historically, in addition to the "twice as likely" statistic on searches, what are the statistics on how much more likely blacks are in that county to commit violent crimes? Be involved with drug possession, distribution, or use? Commit criminal vice acts? What are the employment rates? Graduation rates? Literacy rates?
    Well the quote you that you cited showed who was more likely to be in possession. As far as other crimes or crimes in general, as I stated earlier in this thread, jobs tend to kill crime more than anything so if you want to know where the crime is anywhere, look for the poverty and jobless rates. Seem to go hand in hand no matter the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #386
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    They are gassing the media now.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #387
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    At least the LA rioters waited for a verdict.
    That would be correct...A shame the rioters have the animal mentality but I read some positive articles about community members coming together to do clean up.

    Amid the boarded up buildings there some positive signs in Ferguson Tuesday. People of all ages have come together to start moving Ferguson forward.

    Like many in this community, Erica Hampton is outraged by what happened in Ferguson these past few days.

    Im all for justice and I want justice to prevail, dont get me wrong. But its the way you go about it. said Erica Hampton.

    She wants people to know there is still plenty of a good in this community, despite the graphic images theyve seen on TV.

    I had to teach my son that this is just not what we do. When we want to get something done, we do it right. Its not about destroying.. said Erica Hampton.
    Volunteers sending a positive message by cleaning up Ferguson | FOX2now.com

  8. #388
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well the quote you that you cited showed who was more likely to be in possession. As far as other crimes or crimes in general, as I stated earlier in this thread, jobs tend to kill crime more than anything so if you want to know where the crime is anywhere, look for the poverty and jobless rates. Seem to go hand in hand no matter the race.
    Thats all well and good but it doesnt really answer the question. If you are citing a statistic the number of stops and searches, then you have to identify WHY the searches are being conducted and you have to look at ALL of the statistics. Unless you are just trying to score a cheap and insignificant point. Jobs may be a great answer to solving the problems of poverty, but thats not really the purview of law enforcement. Their job is designed more to serve and protect against violent crimes. So...who is more likely to commit violent crimes in Fergusen? It 'matters'. If your point is that blacks are searched in vehicle stops at a 2-1 rate, then you also have to ask at what percentage are blacks more likely to commit crimes and why are they being stopped and searched.

    It MAY very well be just because the cops are all racist. Or, there MAY be a reason.

  9. #389
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't protest, I think it's dumb. I don't boycot, either.
    So you have no principles you would stand up for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Riot police wear gas masks for that very reason. Tear gas grenades to not distinguish between cop's eyes and rioter's eyes.
    Riot police only wear masks when they are using it. You have no clue when a crowd will use tear gas and that's my point. Nor do you know if some idiot might walk into an office building and pop off tear gas and cause a mass "casualty" situation and commit a much more sinister crime elsewhere.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  10. #390
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    *cracks knuckles*

    Vandalism? Looting? Breaking into stores?

    Get out the cuffs, fine these bastards, lock em up.

    There is no need to be interested in why looting is their preferred method of protesting, there is only the need to put these people back in their places for being criminals.
    If you try to lock these guys up, and one resists and another shooting happens.. We will hear all about how it was the officers fault again.. And this will be a never ending issue. I say we should gate off crime ridden communities like this, post the army around them and let them all shoot each other until all of them are dead.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •