Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #271
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I assume you were agreeing with my last paragraph. You are right about what you say. This isn't the early 80's. Gangs care about turf and product.
    I'm disagreeing with your nonsense. Throwing up your fingers in any type of weird combination makes you a gang member the same way that holding a guitar makes you a musician. Besides, Missouri isn't Vice Lord territory. They're mostly a Chicago gang.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #272
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,994

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm disagreeing with your nonsense. Throwing up your fingers in any type of weird combination makes you a gang member the same way that holding a guitar makes you a musician. Besides, Missouri isn't Vice Lord territory. They're mostly a Chicago gang.
    Jesus ****ing Christ Almighty! I was arguing against throwing up your fingers means you are a gang member. I was saying that the kid flashing whatever sign that was did not mean he was a gang member and that those arguing he was are morons. What ever dude, fall back into your bull**** if you like...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Translation:



    Im sure someone will try to peg me as racist.... But it fits the bill for the rioting situation like no other.....
    .. Are you intentionally trying to parody yourself?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #274
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Jesus ****ing Christ Almighty! I was arguing against throwing up your fingers means you are a gang member. I was saying that the kid flashing whatever sign that was did not mean he was a gang member and that those arguing he was are morons. What ever dude, fall back into your bull**** if you like...
    I apologize. I got your comments mixed up with clownboy's in your exchange with him.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #275
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,269
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I seriously doubt the officer missed center mass the first 8 shots. The man was unarmed. Even if the officer's canned claim of "he went for my gun" the officer obviously had control of his firearm for the last 8 shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I seriously doubt the officer missed center mass the first 8 shots. The man was unarmed. Even if the officer's canned claim of "he went for my gun" the officer obviously had control of his firearm for the last 8 shots.
    You assume a lot. You assume that it is a fact that he was shot that many times. I assert that he might have been shot 9 times, or 5 times, or 13 times. Nobody knows for sure. The guy in the youtube video might be right or he might be wrong. I can wait for the official report to find out. I kinda like facts. I guess I am funny that way.

    You also assume that all police officers are good with their weapons. That isn't necessarily true. I was a marksmanship trainer for about 5 years. Some of our folks were law enforcement. They weren't any better than our average soldier as far as accuracy goes.

    As for how many rounds it might take down a person, there is no set count. To answer this question you have to take into account the clothing they are wearing (jacket, thick cloth, leather, cotton), the bullet that is used, the speed the bullet is traveling, length of the barrel (will affect speed, longer faster, shorter slower), the point of impact on the person, if the person even realizes they have been shot, the efficiency of the shooter, the caliber of the bullet, the structure of the bullet (soft tipped hollow point, regular hollow point, ball ammo, copper jacketed, full lead, wad cutter). This is just the bullet side of the equation. Then one has to start taking into account all the physical variables of the person shot. So, there is not magic answer to your question. It takes what it takes.

    One problem with some police is that they usually rely on one person to set the standard for the weapons that are used and the ammo for those weapons. Sometimes the person that sets the standards doesn't know much about ballistics. In the early 90's the tacticool round was supposed to be a 9mm 147 grain Hydrashok. That round sucks unless a person is counting on penetration, such as through windshields, car doors or leather jackets. More penetration means the round is heavier and usually travels slower. That means less temporary wound cavity. Less temporary wound cavity is great for causing stopping damage.

    Then there are the variables of torso density, size, did the round strike bone or not, did it deflect. What is the person's mental state. I know folks that have been shot and didn't even notice it until it was pointed out to them.

    All summed up I think you assume too much. I think you need more facts. I am not defending the police, just pointing out that people go off half cocked and make wrong assumptions. The Denver Police Dept. is a good example of why I tend to judge police by what I know about them personally. All the uniform/badge tells me is that they are authorized to wear a uniform/badge. It doesn't mean they are good or bad, it just means they are in a uniform.

    Back to rioting. There is a pattern I have noticed about rioting. It is usually a shooting that starts it and it is usually a shooting that ends it. There isn't any reason or rationale for rioting. Only scum bags riot.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .. Are you intentionally trying to parody yourself?
    No.

    All those looting "protesters" had themselves a "nigga moment" as described by the Boondocks kid in that video.

  7. #277
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,494

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    They're demanding a 'murder charge' against the officer not a verdict. First things, first.
    And when they get that, they'll demand a conviction...mob rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No.

    All those looting "protesters" had themselves a "nigga moment" as described by the Boondocks kid in that video.
    Not really. The video sort of explain why nigga moments happen. Regular riots occur when one subsection of society is constantly being attacked by another that is protected by the government. American police forces have been used to attack blacks for over 150 years. That we're quick to distrust them and react violently when another police officer is declared innocent by an all white jury is what doesn't surprise me. However, I don't condone it.

    Fun fact: Did you know that police agencies do not release the conviction rates of officers who have been accused of violating the law?

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #279
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,994

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I apologize. I got your comments mixed up with clownboy's in your exchange with him.
    Whew. I thought what body snatcher got Hatuey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #280
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Read a few pages in this thread... and started laughing at all the suburban white folks discussing gang signs and how they identify them.



    Then, I was a little bit sad because it made me realize how many people there are on this forum that pull **** out of their asses without having a clue what it is they're talking about.



    First, I looked at this post:



    First and foremost, the gangs have a pretty large array of gang signs. That sign that Spock from Star Trek makes? Vice Lords. That heavy metal sign? MS13. Crossed fingers? Ñetas. Placing your fingers in a way to signal size and creating a C? Crips. So yeah, pretty much anything is a gang sign. In short, putting out your fingers the way he did is pretty common in pictures by ghetto kids whether they're in gangs or not. It's not really something which can be associated with a gang.

    However, let's say for argument's sake he really was throwing up a gang sign. Making a gang sign makes you a gang member the way holding a guitar makes you a musician. It doesn't matter the context. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Being a baby-G, affiliated, initiated or OG doesn't work like that. Doing a gang sign in the ghetto won't get you killed. This isn't 1983. The overwhelming majority of neighborhoods where people are getting killed are neighborhoods with turf wars going on. However, even if it was the early days of the crack epidemic, you'd mostly get your ass kicked and it'd be done. Gang murders happen because you tried to come and sell product in an area that was already controlled by someone else. Don't believe me? Ask Frank Lucas.

    Source: I know a little bit about these things.

    As far as the rioting goes... I can't say I'm all that surprised but I don't condone it.
    Our gang keeps it simple and old school...

    middle finger.jpg


Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •