Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #261
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Read a few pages in this thread... and started laughing at all the suburban white folks discussing gang signs and how they identify them.



    Then, I was a little bit sad because it made me realize how many people there are on this forum that pull **** out of their asses without having a clue what it is they're talking about.



    First, I looked at this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Find something about his character that was positive first...

    I have no idea what this means... are you swearing at Cosby or insulting his race?

    No. The are not. Hint: if they are not the same then that means that they are not the same. Different fingers being up means, literally, that they are not the same. Make some gang signs with some thugs that are not the same and see the laughter you get. I have. You should try and learn something about gang signs instead of sounding like you know what the hell you are talking about when you obviously do not.
    First and foremost, the gangs have a pretty large array of gang signs. That sign that Spock from Star Trek makes? Vice Lords. That heavy metal sign? MS13. Crossed fingers? Ñetas. Placing your fingers in a way to signal size and creating a C? Crips. So yeah, pretty much anything is a gang sign. In short, putting out your fingers the way he did is pretty common in pictures by ghetto kids whether they're in gangs or not. It's not really something which can be associated with a gang.

    However, let's say for argument's sake he really was throwing up a gang sign. Making a gang sign makes you a gang member the way holding a guitar makes you a musician. It doesn't matter the context. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Being a baby-G, affiliated, initiated or OG doesn't work like that. Doing a gang sign in the ghetto won't get you killed. This isn't 1983. The overwhelming majority of neighborhoods where people are getting killed are neighborhoods with turf wars going on. However, even if it was the early days of the crack epidemic, you'd mostly get your ass kicked and it'd be done. Gang murders happen because you tried to come and sell product in an area that was already controlled by someone else. Don't believe me? Ask Frank Lucas.

    Source: I know a little bit about these things.

    As far as the rioting goes... I can't say I'm all that surprised but I don't condone it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #262
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Read a few pages in this thread... and started laughing at all the suburban white folks discussing gang signs and how they identify them.



    Then, I was a little bit sad because it made me realize how many people there are on this forum that pull **** out of their asses without having a clue what it is they're talking about.



    First, I looked at this post:



    First and foremost, the gangs have a pretty large array of gang signs. That sign that Spock from Star Trek makes? Vice Lords. That heavy metal sign? MS13. Crossed fingers? Ñetas. Placing your fingers in a way to signal size and creating a C? Crips. So yeah, pretty much anything is a gang sign. In short, putting out your fingers the way he did is pretty common in pictures by ghetto kids whether they're in gangs or not. It's not really something which can be associated with a gang.

    However, let's say for argument's sake he really was throwing up a gang sign. Making a gang sign makes you a gang member the way holding a guitar makes you a musician. It doesn't matter the context. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Being a baby-G, affiliated, initiated or OG doesn't work like that. Doing a gang sign in the ghetto won't get you killed. This isn't 1983. The overwhelming majority of neighborhoods where people are getting killed are neighborhoods with turf wars going on. However, even if it was the early days of the crack epidemic, you'd mostly get your ass kicked and it'd be done. Gang murders happen because you tried to come and sell product in an area that was already controlled by someone else. Don't believe me? Ask Frank Lucas.

    Source: I know a little bit about these things.

    As far as the rioting goes... I can't say I'm all that surprised but I don't condone it.
    Is the Obama fist bump a gang sign or not?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Is the Obama fist bump a gang sign or not?
    If a white kid does a gang sign, he's not in the "right context". If a black kid does it... "he is". However, what is the "right context" for being a thug? Throwing up a set and living in the ghetto? Ridiculous. The reality is that the majority of people taking pictures with gang signs up are posers. They see their favorite rappers doing hand signs and then emulate them. The majority of them don't know what the signs mean anymore than the white kids doing the same thing in suburbia. It doesn't matter whether they live in the ghetto or not. They see the Lil'Waynes and French Montana's of the world doing gang signs and they think that these people really are living the lifestyle.

    So they copy the signs to make themselves look tougher even if they're well educated kids who have bright futures. White people on internet forums eat it up. They really do. However, I can't blame them. They're not really part of the culture and have no clue what it takes to actually be a gang member. It use to be that the minute you were part of a gang, you got tattoos. However, even that isn't enough nowadays. I personally know of Crips in Canada and the US who wear suits, live in condos and eat in $400 a plate restaurants. You wouldn't be able to tell they're gang members. No tats, they don't throw gang signs. So where does that leave the white folks who use to recognize gang members through their ghettoness? Well stumped really. They know gang membership the same way many of these kids do. Through movies and MTV videos.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    "No Justice, No Peace" is the typical meme protesters chant,
    while damage is occurring within their own community.
    They want instant gratification not justice, as justice takes time to achieve.
    At least the LA rioters waited for a verdict.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    At least the LA rioters waited for a verdict.
    Well, it would be out of character for a former segregationist state to convict or objectively investigate a police officer accused of killing any man black or white. Hell, the way these things play out is that the police unions try to delay the case as long as possible. Then all white juries of none of your peers find the cops not guilty. Conservatives point at how great the justice system is - until the TSA searches an old white grandmother and Liberals complain until some redneck is arrested for pointing guns at police officers. 'Tis the way the world works.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #266
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Read a few pages in this thread... and started laughing at all the suburban white folks discussing gang signs and how they identify them.



    Then, I was a little bit sad because it made me realize how many people there are on this forum that pull **** out of their asses without having a clue what it is they're talking about.



    First, I looked at this post:



    First and foremost, the gangs have a pretty large array of gang signs. That sign that Spock from Star Trek makes? Vice Lords. That heavy metal sign? MS13. Crossed fingers? Ñetas. Placing your fingers in a way to signal size and creating a C? Crips. So yeah, pretty much anything is a gang sign. In short, putting out your fingers the way he did is pretty common in pictures by ghetto kids whether they're in gangs or not. It's not really something which can be associated with a gang.

    However, let's say for argument's sake he really was throwing up a gang sign. Making a gang sign makes you a gang member the way holding a guitar makes you a musician. It doesn't matter the context. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Being a baby-G, affiliated, initiated or OG doesn't work like that. Doing a gang sign in the ghetto won't get you killed. This isn't 1983. The overwhelming majority of neighborhoods where people are getting killed are neighborhoods with turf wars going on. However, even if it was the early days of the crack epidemic, you'd mostly get your ass kicked and it'd be done. Gang murders happen because you tried to come and sell product in an area that was already controlled by someone else. Don't believe me? Ask Frank Lucas.

    Source: I know a little bit about these things.

    As far as the rioting goes... I can't say I'm all that surprised but I don't condone it.
    I assume you were agreeing with my last paragraph. You are right about what you say. This isn't the early 80's. Gangs care about turf and product.

    Side note. I gave a hang loose sign to some students as I was driving by and some Westside gang guy was with them and got upset and wanted to know who I was. They said I was their teacher and he looked embarrassed for making an issue out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    At least the LA rioters waited for a verdict.
    They're demanding a 'murder charge' against the officer not a verdict. First things, first.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    At least the LA rioters waited for a verdict.
    The lasttime, not for sure they will this time.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I really don't believe that. It would be incredibly stupid to waste all of your ammunition in a panicked frenzy.
    True Story Time!!!

    So there I was in Police Academy back in 2006 and we were doing some of our "scenario training", so there I was backup officer on this scenario and the primary, a retired Air Force "Security Police" NCO, had worked through the scenario and gotten to a point where use of deadly force was required, and he "bang bang bang"-ed off a few simulated shots and stopped, and then got heckled by one of the Officer/instructors about stopping shooting so soon, so he sarcastically continued "Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang" then motioned a "simulated" magazine change, and started yelling bang bang bang bang again until they had to yell over him to stop.

    So, just a nice little anecdotal story to go along with what clownboy stated in his post that you quoted.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post

    As far as the rioting goes... I can't say I'm all that surprised but I don't condone it.
    Translation:



    Im sure someone will try to peg me as racist.... But it fits the bill for the rioting situation like no other.....

Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •