Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,038

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That's no excuse to be toasting civilians.
    No, but I understand the skittishness.

  2. #212
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, but I understand the skittishness.
    ... then they should find a line of work better suited to their abilities.

    Police departments are like the Catholic Church. Priests are trusted by the communities they service, so there are abundant opportunities to interact with children, making it an ideal profession for pedophilles. Better yet, the Church relies on its reputation to carry out its mission, so when the pedophille gets smoked out they rush to cover up in the name of their "greater good."

    Police departments give power in the form of a badge and a gun, so that line of work is ideal for people who desire authority but never developed the moral discipline to use it properly. Police departments also rely on their reputation to carry out their mission, so when police fall pretty to their weak nature the department rushes to cover it up in the name of their "greater good."
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #213
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    No dana, the eyewitnesses were drinking codeine and are thugs. This obviously means the young man had to have gone for the officers gun.
    Maybe he did go for the cop's gun, but then he broke away and began running from the cop. I would be interested to find out where the youth was shot at, in the back, or the front?

    As a side note here, no, burning and looting doesn't help the community at all, most probably wanted to torch the police station, but couldn't reach it or overpower the cops to get close to it.

    There's a lot to this story we don't know yet, the cops are being tight lipped.

  4. #214
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Maybe he did go for the cop's gun, but then he broke away and began running from the cop. I would be interested to find out where the youth was shot at, in the back, or the front?

    As a side note here, no, burning and looting doesn't help the community at all, most probably wanted to torch the police station, but couldn't reach it or overpower the cops to get close to it.

    There's a lot to this story we don't know yet, the cops are being tight lipped.
    His friend says it was his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    The city should impose a "riot tax" for any fiscal year in which a riot occures.

  6. #216
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    I assume that the people in here disparaging law enforcement, calling them "murderers", would never think of calling them if they were in a pinch.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #217
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I assume that the people in here disparaging law enforcement, calling them "murderers", would never think of calling them if they were in a pinch.....
    So because police services exist, I'm not allowed to criticize a police officer (allegedly) shooting an unarmed fleeing person in the back.

    Interesting. What other aspects of authority am I never, ever allowed to question?

    You've criticized the government before. I assume that you'd never interact with any government agency ever, right?

    I'm sure J-mac has criticized Catholic priests who molest children. So he wouldn't ever think to go into a church or get married in one.

    HSBC laundered money for terrorists and drug cartels, so nobody should ever use a bank if they would criticize such a thing.
    Last edited by Deuce; 08-12-14 at 10:09 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #218
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So because police services exist, I'm not allowed to criticize a police officer (allegedly) shooting an unarmed fleeing person in the back.

    Interesting. What other aspects of authority am I never, ever allowed to question?

    You've criticized the government before. I assume that you'd never interact with any government agency ever, right?

    I'm sure J-mac has criticized Catholic priests who molest children. So he wouldn't ever think to go into a church or get married in one.

    HSBC laundered money for terrorists and drug cartels, so nobody should ever use a bank if they would criticize such a thing.
    As usual, your examples are extreme....Not meant to debate anything....Have fun with that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #219
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As usual, your examples are extreme....Not meant to debate anything....Have fun with that.
    Really? And what about your point? That wasn't extreme?

    Cop shoots person in the back, I'm not allowed to criticize it because I also want cops to exist?

    American soldier commits a war crime, do you criticize it? Or do you let it slide because you want the military to protect the nation?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #220
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Really? And what about your point? That wasn't extreme?
    No, I don't think it was...I am not the one calling the cops "murderers" before an investigation, and trial are complete...

    Cop shoots person in the back, I'm not allowed to criticize it because I also want cops to exist?
    How do you know what the outcome of the investigation, or trial is? Calling your comment of "Cop shoots person in the back" a fact is premature, and you don't know. And sure you are allowed to criticize anything or anyone you want. This is a free country, but don't confuse criticism with false allegation...And as far as you 'wanting cops to exist', I'd have to question why if you think they are murderers?

    American soldier commits a war crime, do you criticize it? Or do you let it slide because you want the military to protect the nation?
    Clever...Can we stick to this incident please?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •