Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    That aside, the shooting looks very questionable.
    It does look questionable, however, I cannot phathom the logic involved in looting and rioting.

    Rioter: Damn those corrupt police, to protest them I'll break some random dudes **** and loot. That will show'em

  2. #12
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,818

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I watched through the eyes of this persons twitter account.

    https://twitter.com/AntonioFrench


    Look at this looter.



    Covered showing he knows he is wrong.
    W/gun tucked in waist band. Figures.
    Maybe he is just shy.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #13
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Once the police lose control of a situation, scumbags seize the opportunity to steal. The scumbags are always looking for an opportunity to get away with something.

    With that being said, not all of the protesters are scumbags. Peaceful marchers don't make for as good of TV though.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #14
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Nothing takes the spotlight off an injustice more than a bunch of ppl who act like animals!

  5. #15
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Also, the two young men the police stopped was in connection with a pack of gum being stolen at a convenience store. That store was looted set on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #16
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,818

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Also, the two young men the police stopped was in connection with a pack of gum being stolen at a convenience store. That store was looted set on fire.
    I like the smell of burnt gum in the morning.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #17
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Missouri police shooting of teen Michael Brown sparks protests, looting, vandalism - CBS News


    The looting and violence is in response to the shooting of Michael Brown when, according to police, Brown and another man assaulted the police officer, there was a struggle and shots were fired, ultimately killing Brown. The two men in the alleged assault were not armed. However, a different account was provided by one Dorian Johnson, who says the struggle was initiated by the police officer, who assaulted Brown - Brown broke free and started to run when the police officer then shot Brown.

    The point of this post is NOT justifying or dismissing the shooting which was the flashpoint of the violence (though I am resigned to the fact it will devolve into that at some point) but I'm more interested in why looting is the preferred method of showing distrust and dissatisfaction with police actions, when the owners of these stores which were broken into have absolutely NOTHING to do with the police shooting. Why is looting and destroying innocent people's livelihoods the preferred method of action in these circumstances? We see this time and time again - and I'm reminded of the 1992 So.Central LA riots.

    Never left a crisis go to waste. A kid gets shot by police? New TV!
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #18
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I like the smell of burnt gum in the morning.
    Maybe people are just worried about type 2 diabetes. That's why unarmed men are being shot for Skittles and bubble gum.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #19
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,327

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Here we go again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #20
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,185

    re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Missouri police shooting of teen Michael Brown sparks protests, looting, vandalism - CBS News


    The looting and violence is in response to the shooting of Michael Brown when, according to police, Brown and another man assaulted the police officer, there was a struggle and shots were fired, ultimately killing Brown. The two men in the alleged assault were not armed. However, a different account was provided by one Dorian Johnson, who says the struggle was initiated by the police officer, who assaulted Brown - Brown broke free and started to run when the police officer then shot Brown.

    The point of this post is NOT justifying or dismissing the shooting which was the flashpoint of the violence (though I am resigned to the fact it will devolve into that at some point) but I'm more interested in why looting is the preferred method of showing distrust and dissatisfaction with police actions, when the owners of these stores which were broken into have absolutely NOTHING to do with the police shooting. Why is looting and destroying innocent people's livelihoods the preferred method of action in these circumstances? We see this time and time again - and I'm reminded of the 1992 So.Central LA riots.
    There's no rationale for it, other than the fact that the cover of such an event provides ready access for criminals to do criminal things. Those who looted don't give a rat's ass about the young man who was shot by police. They are no different from those who riot and loot following a sports championship win. Their only interest is committing crimes and getting away with committing crimes.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •