Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,198 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #1191
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The instructions of Excon have shown me the light. And it's to always obey and never question authority.
    There you go speaking absurd nonsense again. Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1192
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    DOWN WITH PROTESTORS!!!!!!1!!111!1!!!

    Never question authority!
    Be honest here rob. What evidence do you have that this shooting was unjust? I want to hear answers. Because your logic is just a *bump* the police attitude otherwise.

    Let's ask some questions.

    1) Why would he shoot an unarmed individual?

    2) Can you prove that why?

    3) Do you really believe that this cop would just gun him down rather than arresting him?

    4) why would be not just arrest him? If he had cause to shoot him, he had cause to arrest him.

    Keep in mind: I don't give a damn which way this goes. If this kid is a criminal and the cop killed him because the kid was getting aggressive and blah blah blah...good. If the cop shot the kid who was unarmed and the kid was doing nothing...he needs to be in jail. I have no bone in this fight.

    So please answer me those questions. I'm curious what you feel.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #1193
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    NY Times just released some autopsy info too - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...d=tw-bna&&_r=0

    Brown was shot 6 times, all in the front of his body. That kind of contradicts some of Johnson's witness account.

    WRT the current Ferguson situation, I have to say it's a bit of a mess. I was (am) watching LiveFeed and the guy filming was yelled at by a cop "Get the **** out of here or I'll shoot you with this!". That wasn't good. The flip side is that there have been several reports of shots fired and it seems not all of them were fired by cops. Suffice it to say that the curfew isn't working.
    The curfew was meant to stop the criminal acts of looting. They may have to bring in the guard if this continues to escalate. It's a reflection of the dissatisfaction with our governing forces, but unfortunately it's the shop owners who get unfairly damaged.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #1194
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Anyone watching CNN right now will see Ferguson just erupted in violence again.
    What kind of violence?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1195
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What kind of violence?
    Firing teargas cannisters and aiming weapons, because the protesters were advancing on the command center.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #1196
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Remember when I said curfews didn't work?
    Did you say that? I don't recall.

  7. #1197
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We know more than nothing about this case. And from what is known it is more favorable to the Officer, and less favorable to Brown.
    Meh. Can you direct me to some facts? It is hard to keep up. Especially with moronic protestors causing chaos and making justice impossible to get.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #1198
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]Closed for review.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •